Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just went back and looked at my log:

Water: 5/7
    Weights: 3/7 but I only worked out 5/7 so thats not tooo bad I guess.
  • rchristison
    rchristison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here is my check in:

SW : 228
    CW: 227
    GW : 219
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    MCPTeach - The 10 glasses of water was last week's food challenge.

Here's the food/exercise challenges for this week; provided by oliviawink
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~WEEK 2 CHALLENGE~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This challenge starts Monday, June 27
    Exercise: This week's exercise challenge has 2 parts.
    Part 1. Find a new exercise, or exercise motivation to kick things up and add a new fire to your workout/burn. Examples: finding/starting a new workout DVD, turning your walk into a walk/jog (or C25K), joining an additional challenge with a specific exercise goal (Loveme445 posts a weekly challenge with specific exercise goals, like 210 jumping jacks in a week, I'll post the link for this week's when she puts it up tonite or tomorrow), jogging up and down the stairs in your house for 5 minutes, etc. It can really be anything, it's up to you, just find something new and fun to keep you going!
    Part 2. Log 245 minutes of calorie burn (including your new exercise) this week. That's an average of 35 minutes per day for the week.

Food:
    Be sure you are eating a lean protein with every meal, including snacks. A common weight loss mistake is to avoid proteins b/c they are high calorie and eat more carbs instead as they tend to be lower cal. This ultimately makes you hungrier b/c you burn them faster. it's worth spending a good portion of your daily cals on proteins as they stay with you longer and help you build muscle, which in turn burns fat. When you are in a calorie deficit (which is how you lose weight) your body will burn up muscle while burning fat (it's typically 10- 20% of your loss is muscle, even if you are working out). One way to ensure that you add back the muscle to help you burn calories is to eat enough protein, which is an essential component to muscles. Ideas for lean proteins: yogurt (watch the sugar, though - greek is a good choice), cheese (Jess is cheering, I can hear it!), almonds, cashews, salmon (any fish), chicken, lean beef (sparingly!), beans, edamame, cottage cheese, (soybeans), low fat milk (even chocolate milk), and there's lots more.
    Share your favorite proteins with us so we can all get ideas!

Happy week 2 challenging!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • katyalaniz
    katyalaniz Posts: 24
    Options
    Worked hard this past week towards my Fit for Fall Challenge goal! 3.8 lbs down so far!
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    I made the following for the week:
    7/7 Water
    7/7 Daily Calorie Levels
    4/7 Weights during the workouts
    0 weight lost

I've readjusted my calorie counts from an Active Lifestyle to a Sedentary Lifestyle (I'll be honest that I drive a desk here) and upped my plan weight loss to 1.5 lbs a week to force an adjustment to my caloric intake and hopefully daily metabolism.

I didn't think I was actually changing my diet and exercise levels enough this week from what I normally do, so I basically maintained this week. Now when I do make my targeted weight, I am sure my previous caloric and workout levels will level me off for long term maintenance, but for now, I'm going to keep working on losing these few pounds.

Bruce
  • Cusegirl1992
    Cusegirl1992 Posts: 124
    Options
    SW: 149
    CW: 148
    GW: 139

NSV: attaining at least 3 days of exercise during the summer.
    This weeks goals:
    --not to eat past 9pm.
    --adding 30 sit-ups to the workout routine.

I am going to continue with these NSV's...hopefully I'll have better luck this week!
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    It was girls weekend so I splurged! ;) still 240
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    It was girls weekend so I splurged! ;) still 240
  • mrudzinski
    mrudzinski Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Heres my check in!

Fit For Fall Starting Weight: 159 LBS
    Fit For Fall Current Weight: 156 LBS (-3 LBS)
  • aab1
    Options
    @ Quierstina - Happy Birthday!!! (belated) :heart: Glad to hear that you celebrated with your family. We all need to do that every now & then!

@ Krfederico - Congrats on getting into the 280's!! :flowerforyou: Keep up the awesome efforts!!

@ Koeniginhla - Congrats on getting into ONEderland!!! :flowerforyou: ..:flowerforyou:
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    Last week
    water 5/7
    weights 4/4 work out days
    CW 127.5
    burned 1914 caloris in workouts (new goal 2000 per week)
    under calories 6/7
  • aab1
    Options
    ********************* This thread will be ending soon!!!! DON'T GET LOST!!!!!!******************************

For those that haven't actively participated in MFP threads.....Each thread lasts for only 20 pages; each page containing 25 posts for a total of 500 posts.

When the 500th posting is entered, that post will include the below 2 links. Click on the 'continued at this topic' to get to the new thread. Post a comment and it will appear in your "My Topics" list as "Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05 - page 2

< continued at this topic >
    < last part of this topic is here >
  • cherie87512
    Options
    Good morning everyone just checking in!

SW- 250.2
    CW-247.8
    Loss of 2.4
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    6/20 SW: 202
    6/27: 197

9/05 GW: 180

WK #1 - Lost 5lbs

FINALLY! These last 4 weeks were trying my patience with little or no weight loss. Thank goodness that plateau has ended.

I'm in ONEderland!!! :love: ...:flowerforyou: ...:smooched: ...:heart: ...:bigsmile: ...(wish there was a jumping emoticon)

:happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Welcome to ONEderland Ailene!!!
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    ooops...one more thing:smile:

15 pushups......challenge for the week day 1
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Weigh in!
    SW: 188
    CW: 185

My NSVs this week will continue to include drinking more water and bringing prepared meals to work. It will also include trying to walk with my pup at least 5/7 days!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good morning! checking in with my new weight of 227.4 hot diggety dog!
  • slackeyj
    slackeyj Posts: 68
    Options
    Checking in- SW (for challenge)-165
    CW-164.2

I have to admit I am a little bummed by the number but with all the issues I have been having with my scale and getting new one that I am not 100% confident in because it isn't consistant with the one at the gym they calibrate all the time for fitness testing I guess my home scale is just more of a baseline than anything else and so long as the progress is in the right direction I should be happy. Congrats to all you ladies who made it in to ONEderland this week! And to everyone, just for making the first week. !
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness--since Friday I have been living exactly the way I used to before I found MFP and started getting my life in order--eating without thought to quantity or quality--skipping my workouts, etc, etc.

I've been so busy with things that HAVE to get done NOW!!!! that I let myself slide.

Well, I'm not going to go back there. Three days does not a lifestyle make. Problem is I don't have the usual amount of time for my MFP buddies and all the support I receive and give back (which has been skimpy at best!).

Starting again--but I'm just going to keep up with the challenges and my NSV goals--not weighing in until the last week (so maybe just keep my SW at the same??)