Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Current Weight is 196.8

Goal Weight....180

NSV would be to run nonstop in a 5k that will be the weekend of the 9/4. Being able to do something that I've never done before. I want to challenge myself to be better and get better each and every day. When I fall, I want to pick myself up again and put my head up high and keep going because I can do this.

You & me, Carrie!!! We got this!!!
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SW: 193.2
    GW: 180
    NSV: 1) Continue to attend 2 Zumba classes a week
    2) Add one new exercise, or additional reps/weight at the gym each week
    3) Continue pushing to get all my water in each day (don't know why it's so hard-but I keep pushing)
    4) To fit in some of those shirts my Mom has been sending me that have just been 'waiting" for me to lose enough to wear
    them.
    5)To start doing some kind of activity on my 'day off' from the gym/Zumba class
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @michelle228--I think you are incredibly brave person--and you are safe and among friends here!! I doubt that any of us care what the others' weights are, we just want to lose our own and support everyone else that is here with us. You can and will do this!!

Thank you so much Catniss and all of the others on here ! I look forward to finally acheiving my goals and getting back to loving myself again with all of you wonderful and supportive people !
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I just about started to cry when i realized i think im the heaviest person in this group... very embarrassing for me but just might be a big wake up call to get me moving...
    I agree with slackeyj....we do not judge anyone on here:)! We are all here for a purpose and to build people up, not tear them down. Michelle welcome to our group, get comfortable, kick your shoes off and stay awhile. You are going to love this group:)
  • hyunnys
    hyunnys Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi!

CW: 135.6
    GW: 117 (18.6lbs)

Not sure I can do this, but the only way to find out is to try!!!
    Good Luck everyone! :)
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    One more glass to go.......it's easier this round, but still a work in progress. No weights today, but hitting the sack early tonight so I can workout in the morning.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    OK, can I just say......HOLY CRAP!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the response we've gotten to this challenge!

It took me 1 1/2 hours to update the excel file...which isn't a complaint...but I didn't get my exercise in. So instead I did wear my ankle weights on my wrists and did arm exercises while I read everyone's posts. :wink: ...:laugh:...And I'll try to get up early for my run.

A few housekeeping items....

(1) Remember to post as often as you would like and to read the other member's posts. We hope your participation on this thread will help lead to your F4F success!

(2) Post each Monday your progress towards your GW and/or NSV(s)

(3) So far we have 81 members...WOW! That is awesome!! I am looking for assistance on anyone that can upload to a posting an excel file via photoshop or a similar website. I know from our last challenge that I cannot and this group's list is a little too long for me to manually add it. If there's someone out there that would like to help me, I would email you the excel file each week, you would post it onto this thread. You'll need to share with me your email address...but no worries, I won't use it for anything but emailing the excel file. Send me a note if you can help me!! Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

@ LeslieRoyale - Not sure if I ever shared with you but I did C25K earlier this year. I LOVED it and was not a runner prior to starting. I'm now running 3-5 miles / 45-60 minutes 3-4 times / week. I hope you try it and you find as much success as I!!!

@ sbechdel - To add a signature to your postings....On the "Community" tab, click on the "Signature" link (found at the top by "My Topics") and add whatever you would like into the box. Save it and it will appear with each of your postings.

@ Michelle228 - I will second the other responses. MFP and this thread are not for us to judge each other but to support thru our journeys. It is only a number and what you should feel is proud of yourself that you're taking an amazing step towards becoming healthier!!!

The best comment I've posted in my 5 months on MFP.....

@ Majbdrake - I'm honored to say that I'm participating in a challenge with you. Thank you SO MUCH for your commitment to being an active member of our military!! My warmest & heartfelt "THANK YOU" to both you & Marti!!!! :heart: ..:heart: ..:heart:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    OH...and I got so tied up with creating the excel file that I haven't drunk all my water yet. It's 10:04 and I need 3 more glasses...it's going to be a long night of running to the bathroom! :wink: :drinker: (<-- that's me drinking my water)
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late I'd like to join this challenge!
    I've been a member of MFP since October of last year but have REALLY let myself go over the past couple of months. I lost 40lbs and gained 20 back!!! :noway:
    So I am looking to lose those 20 lbs again by September 5th! It would be really great because my sister's wedding (which I am standing in) is 10 days after that. Anything I lose for that would be fantastic!
    SW: 238
    GW: 218

Good luck losing!!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I JUST got my HRM (Polar FT7--thanks Mom & Dad!!), so another NSV for this week is to learn how to use ALL the features and to really utilize this to it's fullest capacity. I can't wait to see how the new cal burn counts stand against the MFP ones.
  • julieh1999
    Options
    Count me in! I definitely needs some motivation!

CW: 128.8
    GW: 115
    NSVs: 1. Relieve stress and anxiety through exercise
    2. Become happier because of being healthier
    3. Finish P90X lean program (by 9/20)
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    sw: 306
    gw: 290
    nsv: to actually stick with a challenge til the end.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    what is this weeks food or exercise challenge?
  • LeslieRoyale
    Options
    I JUST got my HRM (Polar FT7--thanks Mom & Dad!!), so another NSV for this week is to learn how to use ALL the features and to really utilize this to it's fullest capacity. I can't wait to see how the new cal burn counts stand against the MFP ones.

Catniss, congrats on the HRM!!! WTG, Mom & Dad!! :bigsmile: When I got mine, I was AMAZED at the difference between what it registered, and what MFP registered...like, double the calorie burn!! (with the HRM) I'm addicted to mine...have fun!!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too!

S/W: 243 lbs
    G/W at end challenge: 233 lbs (or lower)
    NSV: (1)- minimum of 5 hrs sleep per night
    (2)- fit too comfortably in Joe Fresh size 16 jeans (currently on get to mid-thigh)
    (3)- AB workouts at home at least 3x per week
  • LeslieRoyale
    Options
    what is this weeks food or exercise challenge?

********************** WEEK # 1 CHALLENGE ******************************

Food - Drinking 10 glasses of water each day. Water is so important to a healthy lifestyle but is often forgotten about during the day. Here's word of warning.....Don't wait until the end of the day to get in all your water....you won't have a good night's sleep! wink

Exercise - Include weights into your workouts. Whatever your exercise routine is, include hand or ankle weights to get that extra strength training. You choose the weight
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Not a bad 1st day! I definitely had over 10 glasses of water and don't have any weights so I wore a back pack full of cans when I went for my walk :laugh:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    NSV Finish C25k - I am on Week 7 AND keep running
    Increase distance run
    Reach goal weight
  • shrinkinggg
    Options
    I'm a day late, but hopefully I can still get in on this! :)

CW (as of Monday 6/20): 428.2
    GW (as of Monday 9/5): 390