Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    If there's someone out there that would like to help me, I would email you the excel file each week, you would post it onto this thread. You'll need to share with me your email address...but no worries, I won't use it for anything but emailing the excel file. Send me a note if you can help me!! Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

I can help! I have plenty of time to update excel files. I'll try sending you a message through MFP with my email address.

Helen
  • cindyMFPerez
    cindyMFPerez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CW: 221 - June 10, 2011
  • Peyton115
    Peyton115 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well so far! I am so excited for this group. Since the beginning of my weight loss journey I have lost around 25 lbs but now have hit a big 'ol plateau. :grumble: I am really looking forward to using the support and motivation to push past it and finally reach my goal weight!!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to list one of my goals....I'd really like to get the courage to go to some of the classes offered at my gym. I'm really intimidated by them but i need to just bite the bullet and go :ohwell:

The great thing about classes is that they have an instructor. Don't be intimidated (I know easier said than done) because most of the people who are regulars in the class will have been in your shoes before and the instructor is there to make sure you have proper form. I found that going to classes is a huge motivator to me, I am slightly competitive and when I am in a class and want to stop I don't because everyone around me is still going while if I were at home in my living room I might have taken a break. I just wish my schedule allowed for me to attend some of the classes my gym offers. The biggest thing about being fighting off the intimidation is remembering that everyone in that class was in your shoes once and that if you stick with it you will be the one showing the new guy how its done in no time! Good luck and I hope you find a class you love, it makes all the difference in the world.

My college gym has different classes they offer and one of them is Zumba so me and a few other Vet Tech majors go every Monday during the semester. I loved going with them because I felt self conscious at first, but the instructor was very friendly and me and my friends mainly laughed at each other bc it turned out none of us could really dance apparently, lol. So I had an awesome time and was actually kinda sore the next day! If you have a friend you are comfortable with going to the gym, bring them! :)

I would also like to join this challenge.
    SW: 188 (my weekend resulted in a 2 lb gain :()
    GW: 160
    I had every intention of being around 150 by the time college starts back on August 22nd, but this will take into consideration the Harry Potter party I might have trouble with and vacation immediately following that.
    My NSV goals are to complete my P90X starting next week since I'm in my last week of summer school, drink more water, and bring more self prepared lunches/dinners to work with me.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newest members!! We're now up to.....109 people! This will be a fast moving thread...don't let it intimidate you.

F4F Challenge recap for the newest members....

Post each Monday your progress towards your GW and/or NSV(s). I'll be tracking these & with the help from a few fellow-F4F'ers I'll post the excel file each week with everyone's status.

Each Monday there will be a new food & exercise challenge for that week.

Post as often as you would like to share, vent, celebrate, support or motivate others. We hope your participation on this thread will help lead to your F4F success!

Repeat of this week's challenge.....

********************** WEEK # 1 CHALLENGE ******************************

Food - Drinking 10 glasses of water each day. Water is so important to a healthy lifestyle but is often forgotten about during the day. Here's word of warning.....Don't wait until the end of the day to get in all your water....you won't have a good night's sleep!

Exercise - Include weights into your workouts. Whatever your exercise routine is, include hand or ankle weights to get that extra strength training. You choose the weight

@ roselynsy - Glad to see you can join us for another challenge!! Don't forget to post your CW, GW &/or NSV's

@ HaleyAlli - Can you share your CW for me to enter into the file?

@ cindyMFPerez - Can you share your GW for me to enter into the file?

I'm on water glass # 9 and I'll be working out with Jillian & my hand weights tonight!
  • aab1
    Options
    I'm starting Zumba this week with a few co-workers....for you fellow Zumba fans, how do you post that for your exercise?
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    I just finished a Bob Harper DVD, and it kicked my butt!! His "Inside Out Method" series is insane! WAY longer and more intense than any Jillian Michaels DVD. This has been a good way to get weights incorporated into my weekly exercises. Here's his website in case you're interested in checking out the DVDs:

http://www.mytrainerbobdvd.com/

And, if you're like me with limited funds and not wanting to buy DVDs you're not gonna love, check them out from your local library. My library has HUNDREDS of DVDs, and brand new ones like this Inside Out Method series. It's been a great way to change up my weekly routines and to try new DVDs without breaking my budget.

Also, for anyone hitting weight loss plateaus, the very first thing to do is increase the length and intensity of your workouts instead of dropping more calories. (It's always better to burn the fat than to starve the fat!) Bob's workouts are 60+ minutes and super intense. Can't recommend them enough.

Now I'm off to drink my water!

Helen
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Zumba this week with a few co-workers....for you fellow Zumba fans, how do you post that for your exercise?

I have been posting it as dancing, general.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry :blushing:

CW: 164.8 lbs. (as of this morning; my goal is to lose 0.5 lbs. per week)
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CW 157.4
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    GW: 150
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I know I'm a day late, but I would really like to join and could use the extra motivation. Especially since last week I didn't hardly exercise and I ended up gaining 1.4 lbs :( I weighed in this Monday so

CW: 150.8
    GW for 9/5: 135

I restarted 30DS Level 2 yesterday so I have the weights during exercise. Didn't get 10 cups yesterday, but starting today will get all 10 :)
  • aab1
    Options
    Welcome to those joining this afternoon.

Read thru my posting at the top of page 10 to get yourself caught up on the challenge.

Good Luck!!
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    Hi! I am a day late, but I am going to give this a shot. I'm not sure if I can keep up with a thread, but I am going to try my best. My current weight is 134 and my goal is 120. Thanks to the organizers for keeping track of this!
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread and would love to join if its not too late!! If so, my sw is 165.8 and my goal weight for this challenge is 150! Please and thank you:)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I managed to drink 8 glasses today which is better than yesterday where i only got through 6. It's really hot over here on a night (luckily not as hot as where Bruce is at the mo!) so i should be drinking more. Spent a lot of time snacking today, TOM and fighting with my mum is really not helping me at the moment. I just have to remember that all of this will get better or go away.
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    Oh, my first NSV that I would like to achieve during these next few months would be to fit into the stack (seriously like 8-9 pairs!) of size 9 jeans in my closet. I am currently wearing a size 13.

My second is to fit into a M-L shirt size comfortably, instead of an XL.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll never drop the coffee out of my diet choices. It is what is called "Lifer's Juice" in the American military. Black, strong and always on the burner.

Bruce

Bruce...I'm an even BIGGER fan of the military now!! :bigsmile:
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Crickets around here right now...must be workout time...

Well, I (in big bold caps) just completed my first day of C25k! And when I say completed, I mean I did the WHOLE workout!! lol
    I feel pretty good about that right now...even pushed that sucker up to 5.0 miles for a couple runs at the end!! WOOOOT!!!

Definitely got the water today...now on to weights...(grumble grumble grumble...:grumble: )
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi I just saw this thread and would love to join if its not too late! I am on Day 10 Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred..I have lost 3 inches as of friday.