Can't we all just get along???? really?

Options
Wow. Overall MFP is a great place to go for motivation, support, and getting to your goals whatever they may be. I have noticed that there are soooo many negative people out there who just can't resist getting into an argument about some arbitrary slip someone might have had. Everyone has a different opinion, a different lifestyle, different circumstances, different ways to take advice and if you disagree with what another person said, ok!!! You don't have to go on a 20 post argument about it completely disregarding the fact that the OP simply wanted some advice and will most likely take into account what everyone said. It's so hard to read some threads that may have a lot of good information because everyone is constantly correcting spellings, and twisting words and being so uptight about whatever is said that "obviously was meant to be directed right at me so now i'm p*ssed." Like I said, OVERALL love it here :happy: :love:

Replies

• glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    =)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hug, we can get along and let the little stuff go. :flowerforyou:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I feel what your saying! I asked for some advice yesterday and got a LOT of mean, judgemental commens thrown my way. Someone even told me I eat like a child!!! Come on people!! Didn't your mothers teach you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all???
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I've had plenty of people quote what I say in a topic and make it sound like I'm doing something wrong. Everyone has their own way that works for them, we're not all the same. Give advice, don't preach.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I feel what your saying! I asked for some advice yesterday and got a LOT of mean, judgemental commens thrown my way. Someone even told me I eat like a child!!! Come on people!! Didn't your mothers teach you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all???

You eat like a child? That's really rude. I'm sorry they did that, wow.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options

I know! I have even lost 3x the weight she has! Not that I'm trying to say I'm better, I just feel like that was totally uncalled for!
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options

What does that even mean? You eat like a child? Like you eat small portions? you snack throughout the day? I don't get it. My children eat everything I eat, in smaller portions...I don't think it's a bad thing?
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    we should just hug it out. :)
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We can't all get along. Why? Because it's just the nature of the beast.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard, but do it anyway, and give advice to those who ask.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard and think that whining, *****ing and irritating/berrating other MFPers about it will somehow make it easier.

There are those who are totally clueless as to what fitness and weight loss is all about, but are not willing to accept straight-forward and correct information from those that have been there and 'done that'.

There are those who believe that they are right no matter how blatantly WRONG they may be in regards to the topic and are just trying to start a storm-fire on MFP.

And then there are hard-assed realists who just say it as it needs and should be said, to just suck it up and do it. Period.

Sadly, It'll never be unicorns and butterflies on MFP, lol.
  • Akiyah
    Akiyah Posts: 57
    Options
    If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place...If you know some info that can help someone then by all means share it and be helpful not hurtful. The struggles of losing weight are hard as it is...I have love for all who have accomplished or trying to accomplish happiness through getting healthy and wish all the best of luck on their goals : )))
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a very medically and nutritionally alternative and I get this all the time :( Sometimes my boyfriend and co workers say stuff and it really hurts my feeling but I guess you just have to expect that. I also go out with my friends a lot and they are always saying what's wrong with you why can't you have this or that. My response "I feel WAY better when I don't, Thanks"
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The anonymity of the internet. You can say what you want without the consequences you'd get in real life.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options

What does that even mean? You eat like a child? Like you eat small portions? you snack throughout the day? I don't get it. My children eat everything I eat, in smaller portions...I don't think it's a bad thing?

I don't know! I didn't get it either. The reason I started this healthier life style is because my daughter just turned 1 and was starting to eat the food we do and I didn't want her to eat like I was!! I think its a good thing!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I agree. Generally, this is probably the most friendliest, nicest forum I've been on with the least amount of snark and passive aggressiveness. I'd hate to see it go the way of many other message boards. I have, indeed, seen a few unnecessary comments on here lately.
  • chevy88grl
    Options

I looked at your diary -- I don't think you eat like a child at all. I'm a picky eater and tend to eat the same things all the time because I am so picky.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    The anonymity of the internet. You can say what you want without the consequences you'd get in real life.

EXACTLY!

Hiding behind a monitor makes some people feel powerful over other people. They're probably wimpy in real life. ;)
  • mlemonroe2
    Options

I looked at your diary -- I don't think you eat like a child at all. I'm a picky eater and tend to eat the same things all the time because I am so picky.

Ha Ha! I went back and looked at the food in my diary becasue i was like "really? Do I eat like a child??" I didn't think I did :tongue:
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We can't all get along. Why? Because it's just the nature of the beast.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard, but do it anyway, and give advice to those who ask.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard and think that whining, *****ing and irritating/berrating other MFPers about it will somehow make it easier.

There are those who are totally clueless as to what fitness and weight loss is all about, but are not willing to accept straight-forward and correct information from those that have been there and 'done that'.

There are those who believe that they are right no matter how blatantly WRONG they may be in regards to the topic and are just trying to start a storm-fire on MFP.

And then there are hard-assed realists who just say it as it needs and should be said, to just suck it up and do it. Period.

Sadly, It'll never be unicorns and butterflies on MFP, lol.

All true :) Maybe we should take a personality test to get on the forums. haha. just kidding everyone! don't freak out
    I actually think it's great that there are so many different people with ideas and opinions and real-life experience but i'd like it if it were a little less highschool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking this. I've only been on since April (i think) but it seems to be getting worse.
    ps. I don't think you eat like a child either :flowerforyou: