Can't we all just get along???? really?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It was exactly this way when I was on the message boards over at Weight Watchers, too. And really, any message board I've ever been on has eventually turned into this. I try not to get involved in drama-filled threads, and I also do my best to proofread everything I type, not just for spelling but for grammar, tone, vocabulary, anything to which someone might take exception. I try to keep my more strident opinions to myself, and more often than not I'll delete a reply before posting. I try to remember that while we're all trying to lose weight here, it's a deeply personal journey for each of us, and everyone here has to find their own path.

And now I shall return to my regularly scheduled lurking.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    We can't all get along. Why? Because it's just the nature of the beast.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard, but do it anyway, and give advice to those who ask.

There are those who get that weight loss and fitness is hard and think that whining, *****ing and irritating/berrating other MFPers about it will somehow make it easier.

There are those who are totally clueless as to what fitness and weight loss is all about, but are not willing to accept straight-forward and correct information from those that have been there and 'done that'.

There are those who believe that they are right no matter how blatantly WRONG they may be in regards to the topic and are just trying to start a storm-fire on MFP.

And then there are hard-assed realists who just say it as it needs and should be said, to just suck it up and do it. Period.

Sadly, It'll never be unicorns and butterflies on MFP, lol.

Words of wisdom once again.... LOL
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Oh yeah?

uni.jpg

butterfly.jpg
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Oh yeah?

uni.jpg

butterfly.jpg

YES!!! :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I feel what your saying! I asked for some advice yesterday and got a LOT of mean, judgemental commens thrown my way. Someone even told me I eat like a child!!! Come on people!! Didn't your mothers teach you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all???

What does "eat like a child" mean? My children always ate pretty much the same thing I did. Was I eating like a child, or were they eating like adults??
  • monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I feel what your saying! I asked for some advice yesterday and got a LOT of mean, judgemental commens thrown my way. Someone even told me I eat like a child!!! Come on people!! Didn't your mothers teach you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all???

What does "eat like a child" mean? My children always ate pretty much the same thing I did. Was I eating like a child, or were they eating like adults??

My wife says I eat like a child....

....although it might be because of the Happy Meal I ordered last night. :wink:
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    And now I shall return to my regularly scheduled lurking.

I think I shall stick to that, myself! I made the dumb mistake of jumping in on a few conversations, and all it got me were a few vicious haters. Lol!
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The anonymity of the internet. You can say what you want without the consequences you'd get in real life.

EXACTLY!

Hiding behind a monitor makes some people feel powerful over other people. They're probably wimpy in real life. ;)

That is exactly what it is!! And most of the nasty people that have "been there and done that" have never really been where I am. People that have really been there are usually very supportive. Overall I have found that the majority of the people here are really NICE! :flowerforyou:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

My wife says I eat like a child....

....although it might be because of the Happy Meal I ordered last night. :wink:

I can't claim to know what they meant, by I'm well known for loving chicken fingers. Whenever I'm "splurging", it's chicken fingers. Dipped in ketchup. Yeah, you heard me. Whenever I order the chicken fingers, I get a weird look from the waitress (I think it's, "How old are you?") but I don't care. I also like to add a sugar to my cereal.

So I will say that I, too, eat like a kid. And I'm damn proud of it! I just had a sugar cookie with the White Sox logo on it and smiled the whole time.

(But I always try to remember what the new Cookie Monster now tells me: these are all "somtimes foods". Lol!)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options

I looked at your diary -- I don't think you eat like a child at all. I'm a picky eater and tend to eat the same things all the time because I am so picky.

Hmmm, eat like a child huh? The average child is not overweight and is healthy and active. How is that a bad thing?? And you've lost over 50 pounds? Well, hun, keep eating like a child then!!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I agree with you. I've had plenty of people quote what I say in a topic and make it sound like I'm doing something wrong. Everyone has their own way that works for them, we're not all the same. Give advice, don't preach.

Looks to me like your doing something right!!! Fabulous!!! Congrats on that awesome number!!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What does that even mean!?!?!
    > This was a response to the above poster who said someone told her she ate like a child. That's so lame! I can't believe someone would actually say that!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some flack for using Hungry Girl recipes and frozen/processed stuff. Um, not everyone lives near a farmer's market or a Trader Joe's and can go get fresh produce and organic this and that! I live in a horrible tiny little backwards town who's big headline was that we can finally pay our water bill using debit cards!

That's pretty much the worst though (so far). I'm sorry others have had mean things said to them! People can be so stupid sometimes.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    OMG you can use debit cards for your water bill? We still have to mail in a check once a month lol. I'm right there with you. A very teeny town with the closest "city" 45 minutes away. We have an ok grocery store and a wal-mart (that I hate) and both have an organic section about as big as an airplane bathroom. I do the best I can with what I have. As most people do.

It took me a long time to start posting on the forums because it seemed that the majority were just down right mean at times. I can handle tell it like it is, but can't stand down right mean. And there is a huge difference.