I mix my protein powder with...

Options
I don't really like my protein shakes, so I've tried mixing them with different things. Some of them have been good, and some, well, not so good.

So, help me out, and tell me what you mix your protein powder with!

Here are my favorite two things:

Chocolate protein powder and Coffee
Chocolate protein powder and oatmeal.

Vanilla protein powder and peach tea is just OK, but not great.

Thanks!

Replies

• LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    I don't do sodas any more, but if you do, I think vanilla in diet orange soda is amazing -- tastes like a creamsicle!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard of people mixing PB2 in with their chocolate protein shakes. Tastes better, and adds a bit of protein to boot. Since I'm a HUGE fan of peanut butter, it's on my list to try.

Check out http://bellplantation.com for the info.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder with milk, oatmeal, and a banana (in the blender).

Chocolate protein powder with peanut butter and honey (on a sandwich)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I get Body Fortress Protein Shots. Only 2.9 ounces with 26 grams of protein and can down them fast.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder and chocolate soya milk (alpro soya)

Tried the protein powder with normal, but it just tasted sickly.....
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard of people mixing PB2 in with their chocolate protein shakes. Tastes better, and adds a bit of protein to boot. Since I'm a HUGE fan of peanut butter, it's on my list to try.

PB2 isn't sold in the UK :sad:
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have never really been into using protein powder but can anyone tell me the benefits of putting it into your body. Do you do it before a workout/ after a workout? Can you all give me some info on protein powder.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    in a blender with milk (skim) and a piece of fruit like banana, strawberries, mango. Mixed into oatmeal with 1 tsp nutella spread!!! YUM!!!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    today i mixed it with my porridge oats & almond milk and it was yummy :)
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Chocolate powder in with my soy milk and bran flakes, mix the milk and powder in first then add cereal totally good
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    I mix my protein powder with...

Greek Yogurt!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

PB2 isn't sold in the UK :sad:

That stinks. Since you can get it off their website, will they ship it international?

*edit* Just called them - they do ship to the UK, and for every 8 jars ordered the shipping is $44 USD :happy:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein powder with ice, strawberries, blue berries, a banana, 8 cubes of ice, 1/2 of oats, 2 cups of water, and a teaspoon of coffee(sometimes) 1/2 of egg whites and I blend it....tastes amazing.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I mix my plain, unflavored protein powder (Naturade Soy-Free Protein Booster) with unsweetened vanilla soy milk, a banana and either PB2 or Chocolate PB2.

Who wouldn't love a peanut butter banana shake? :laugh:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I mix my whey protein (natural flavor) with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup lowfat Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 1 frozen banana. Yum. It's 40g of protein for only about 350 calories.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Citrus Cyrstal Light, Oatmeal, Cereal, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Egg Whites.

Try it on anything, you never know what you will like!
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have never really been into using protein powder but can anyone tell me the benefits of putting it into your body. Do you do it before a workout/ after a workout? Can you all give me some info on protein powder.

when you find out can you let me know?
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started... but i usually do fresh / frozen fruit, choc/van powder, a little milk and then low fat vanilla yogurt in a blender. YUMMM!!!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with greek yogurt, peanut butter, a little muesli and a banana. It's my favorite breakfast and I usually have it every morning.