100 Pushups Club

Options
I am starting the 100 pushups program on Monday, would anyone like to join me? We can start by sharing our beginning measurements (optional), our initial test #, and the style of pushups we are doing (girl, boy). Here is where you can find information about the program: http://hundredpushups.com
I'll share my information later!

Replies

• cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is beginning to feel like this 100 Pushup challenge is following me around the last week or so. Must be a sign that I need to do it...Let's go!

Are you planning to take the initial test on Monday or starting the workouts Monday?
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I really need to work on my upper body strength!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I am in. I started this on my own a few weeks ago, but stopped doing it because i hurt my back (not related to the program) and just didn't keep up with it. I'd like to start over again and make it through!

dave
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ok...i'm going to do it....but i'm a little afraid lol
    I have like zero upper body strength so I think this could be really beneficial! Monday it is!
    I'll do my initial test a little later today...though i have a feeling it'll be laughable lol :P
  • mjcaines72
    Options
    I'll join ya! I did my test today and was at a level 3. I will start the program on Monday. Thanks for the post, the invite and the challenge. I needed that. :wink:
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    How odd, I just came across the 100 pushups website by chance about half an hour ago!!
    Then saw this! I can do knee push ups not too bad but can only manage about 1 or 2 full push ups before falling to the floor!
    So this looks like a great challenge, my upper body strength is pretty appalling and I need to improve it.
    I'm also doing the 30ds and been meaning to get back onto the c25k for a while too.
    Havent taken any measurements yet, maybe i should
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!! I've done the initial test and will plan on starting it with all of you on Monday. Sounds like a great way to build upper body strength. Thanks emiskins!!!
  • emiskins
    emiskins Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have done my initial test so I am starting the actual program on Monday. Everyone may want to do thier test by the end of the day so you are not too sore Monday. It's important to me to have good form - nice and straight, and bring my chest withing 3" of the floor. So I put a rolled up bath hand towel under my chest and come down until I touch that. I can only do a couple man style, but I can do 17 girl style. I am going to do the girlie pushups this time, and maybe repeat the program with the real thing.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join this, i need to work on the upper body alot.

i took the initial test today and managed 5 real pushups, so i'm starting at level 1. it might not be so imidiating that way anyway.
  • gemwho2
    Options
    Doing it girlie style might be a good idea. I can go about 15 girl ones but struggle with 2 full ones. I'm not sure..think I'll try doing the full ones and drop to knees if its too hard.

Feel free to add me, I'll need support for this!!
  • NBabi91
    Options
    I'm gonna do my initial test tomorrow because I already worked out today and am sore lol
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    oh man lol...I only did 7 girlie pushups doh! My boyfriend is killing himself on the couch laughing at me right now haha
    That was terrible!! Oh well...in 6 weeks i'm going to be a pushup champion!!!
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just viewed the website. I'll do the initial test tomorrow but as of right now, i'm in:)
  • vodkaandbones
    Options
    I'd love to join, if I'm welcome to. :)
    This sounds like a lot of fun. And not too time consuming either.
    Good luck everyone x
  • NBabi91
    Options
    i was able to do ten girl pushups.

I have a bad wrist so I ant do regular style ones lol
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I put together a spreadsheet to track my progress when I started this initially a few weeks ago. I don't know if there is a way to attach in the forums, but I am willing to share it with everyone if they are interested. If you want it, just send me a message and maybe an email address I can forward to (of if anyone knows another way to upload so people can print off and track their progress). Its nothing fancy, but it works :)

Dave
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 complete. :smile: it didn't seem so bad but day 2 looks harder.....

I'm working on the real pushups even if i can't do many. i really want to be able to do them. We will see....i can always drop back or repeat weeks if necessary.
  • gemwho2
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Day 1 done :), I'm on level one and it was OK. I figured as I can do knee push ups ok I'd do the plan with full push ups.
    I take it we just get as low as we can until we improve? Theres only so far I can go before my arms give way!
    Look forward to Day2 on Wednesday
  • cammons
    Options
    I'm a little bit out of sync already but I'm taking my baseline test this evening. I hit my chest and arms HARD at the gym on Friday...today they are only slightly sore so I figure it's as good a day as any to get started. (I was so sore I could barely drive on Saturday.....yikes!)

I'll post back soon with the starting number of "boy" push ups......which I certainly hope is more than 15, since that's what I do per set (for three sets) with my trainer.
  • cammons
    Options
    Okay! The official number was 18 push ups before my core got jiggly and I fell over sideways....arms and chest feel fine so tomorrow I'll start my W1D1 most likely.

Looks like I'll have to move my activities to the gym for this too....part of my problem may have been that my exercise mat was sliding slightly over our wood floor and as I would move down toward the ground the mat would slide out slightly between my hands; at least at the gym they have carpet to hold that sucker down!