HCG Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    How do people go about getting HCG? I was under the impression the actual injection is prescription only? Most insurnace companies won't even cover HCG injections. HCG supports Progesterone which is also found in men.

I got mine from a GNC store, and my tanning salon was an authorized dealer. You can also order it online. I lost about 7 pounds in the 3 days I was on it and it totally wasn't worth it to me.

The injections? The drops and the injections aren't exactly the same thing. I just checked a couple legal spots online and they require a prescription. I take HCG injections weekly, as a prescription, for a health related issue.

No the injections are prescription only, I got drops from my local GNC store. You can buy them without a prescription in drop or pill form. Some are 100% hormone free, others are the real stuff. Im sure the prescription injections have a higher hormone content in them.

Wow, I didn't realize that was being sold like that. A few years back the FDA banned the use of Andro which wasn't all that great anyway but now HCG is okay? LOL, gotta' love the gov.

A lot of places now only sell the hormone free HCG because they have done a recall on it. But you can still get them online and what not. I bought the hormone free drops and they still worked the same for me. I lost 3.4lbs in one day on them. Totally wasn't worth how miserable I was though lol.

It made you feel sick? That's really interesting. I feel great after my injection but perhaps I feel good because my body needs the prescription.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    How do people go about getting HCG? I was under the impression the actual injection is prescription only? Most insurnace companies won't even cover HCG injections. HCG supports Progesterone which is also found in men.

I got mine from a GNC store, and my tanning salon was an authorized dealer. You can also order it online. I lost about 7 pounds in the 3 days I was on it and it totally wasn't worth it to me.

The injections? The drops and the injections aren't exactly the same thing. I just checked a couple legal spots online and they require a prescription. I take HCG injections weekly, as a prescription, for a health related issue.

No the injections are prescription only, I got drops from my local GNC store. You can buy them without a prescription in drop or pill form. Some are 100% hormone free, others are the real stuff. Im sure the prescription injections have a higher hormone content in them.

Wow, I didn't realize that was being sold like that. A few years back the FDA banned the use of Andro which wasn't all that great anyway but now HCG is okay? LOL, gotta' love the gov.

A lot of places now only sell the hormone free HCG because they have done a recall on it. But you can still get them online and what not. I bought the hormone free drops and they still worked the same for me. I lost 3.4lbs in one day on them. Totally wasn't worth how miserable I was though lol.

It made you feel sick? That's really interesting. I feel great after my injection but perhaps I feel good because my body needs the prescription.

But are you eating normally after your injections? The HCG diet requires you to eat only 500 calories a day. I don't know where my booklet for the diet is at but it is very strict. No fats, dairy, sugar, or starches. Your meal choices are very limited. So without the sugar and starches my body was a wreck. Im anemic, so I experience dizzy spells often and take extra iron for it, but this diet made it so much worse. I passed out a couple times the first couple days on it and I finally quit after I spent a whole day on the couch not wanting to get up because I was afraid of passing out. You should friend me, we can talk more lol
  • JNick77
    Options
    But are you eating normally after your injections? The HCG diet requires you to eat only 500 calories a day. I don't know where my booklet for the diet is at but it is very strict. No fats, dairy, sugar, or starches. Your meal choices are very limited. So without the sugar and starches my body was a wreck. Im anemic, so I experience dizzy spells often and take extra iron for it, but this diet made it so much worse. I passed out a couple times the first couple days on it and I finally quit after I spent a whole day on the couch not wanting to get up because I was afraid of passing out. You should friend me, we can talk more lol

I am trying to lose weight and I follow my diet plan but no I'm definitely not eating 500 calories a day. I think I'd shrivel up and die on 500 calories. That's a pretty crazy diet. LOL
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

I am trying to lose weight and I follow my diet plan but no I'm definitely not eating 500 calories a day. I think I'd shrivel up and die on 500 calories. That's a pretty crazy diet. LOL

Lol thats exactly how I felt. I sat at the dinner table crying and said screw this, and grabbed myself some pop tarts. Worst diet EVER! lol
  • JNick77
    Options

Lol thats exactly how I felt. I sat at the dinner table crying and said screw this, and grabbed myself some pop tarts. Worst diet EVER! lol

mmmmm... pop tarts...
  • fooferg
    fooferg Posts: 3
    Options
    I am actually on day 4 of the hCG Solution Diet and I have nothing bad to say about it. I am not hungry, the 500 calorie diet in conjunction with fluids is more than enough for a day which is weird because I usually feel deprived.

The hCG Solution sold in stores is a blend of amino acids that pregnant women produce in the first trimester of pregnancy which burns stored fat as well as the 500 calorie intake which results in weight loss. There is another diet called Platinum hCG X30 which has an added blend of herbs to help control hunger and cravings. The injections are also available from primary care physicians and cost $400 and still requires a strict VLCD.

I have tried nearly everything to lose weight and this seems to be working so I will continue to use this product because it is working, I've lost 2 lbs. between yesterday and today. I have energy and feel good.

I am also a manager of a GNC store and I did to think it was a crazy fad diet BUT I have seen many of my customers lose over a pound per day so it was worth trying. IT'S A GREAT PRODUCT :smile:
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd lost 26 lbs in 10 months here at MFP but was at a major plateau and wanted to shake things up for the summer.
    A good trusted friend who is a nurse tried HCG thru clinic monitored program and lost 28 lbs in 40 days.

So I'm giving it a shot. I'm at 13 days and have lost 12 lbs.
    Some days I am hungry, its just true. But I've spent so many days feeling fat and too full that hungry is kinda, well, eye opening. I'm really listening to how my body is processing lean protein, fruits and vegetables.
    Food is pretty much feels like South Beach phase 2, with less fat. My energy is fine - not doing much cardio, but still lifting 2x a week. I sleep like a rock now. And have been off soda for 2 weeks. Yay!
    I guess I'm just trying to be mindful of what my body is saying during this process. I have a weekly appointment, 2x weekly email monitoring and I can call them any time day or night with questions. I do weigh daily (new for me) and take under-tongue drops 3x a day. I'm not an expert, just a traveler.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am breaking my previous vow to stay out of the whole HCG mess, just for fun.

The information debunking HCG is plentiful and easily found using teh Google.

Here is a "lite" version:

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitness/weight-loss-challenge/2011-01-24-hcgdiet24_ST_N.htm

The basic issue with HCG is that it has been shown that the substance itself provides no independent benefit for weight loss apart from the effects of the very low calorie diet. In other words, on that restricted level of calories you will lose the same amount of weight with or without HCG. This was shown conclusively almost 40 years ago which was why the FDA withdrew all approval from the method.

As Elizabeth Miller, head of the FDA internet and health fraud division said: "While they may not be dangerous, they're at least 'economic fraud'."

This is just another "zombie" scam that refuses to die. It gets killed and buried for awhile, but then rises from the grave to walk the earth at periodic intervals. And why? The two classic reasons: People are making money off of it and there are enough frustrated people out there who are desperate enough to try anything.

Even those who provide "evidence" that HCG "works" have nothing to stand on. Any "research" that may have been done was done using the injections of the actual hormone. And the hormones and hormone injections cannot legally be prescribed for weight loss. The drops and "faux" HCG substances being sold over the counter have never been tested at all.

Let's repeat that to make it clear. Claims are being made for substances that are not the original substance and have never been tested. So if you are taking over the counter "HCG" you really have no idea what you are taking.

If you want to know how "placebos" work, just look at the whole HCG phenomenon.
  • 52baltimoreravens52
    52baltimoreravens52 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, VERY interesting information! Having 4 kids, the last thing I want to do is inject pregnancy hormones into my body,lol. Seriously, it sounds very dangerous and extreme. Reminds of the ALLI that was big a couple of years ago. I'll stick with old fashioned exercise and eating healthy to get to my goal!

Thanks for the replies!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yeah, stay away! Really, ANY starvation diet will work in the short-term... You'll lose a lot of weight (both fat and muscle). But of course as soon as you start eating "normally" again you'll gain it all back. It is NOT a permanent solution. And you could end up gaining more than you ever had on your body before!
  • 52baltimoreravens52
    52baltimoreravens52 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's so true...I've watched co-workers lose unbelievable amounts of weigh on Atkins and Alli, only to gain it back (plus run home to change their pants, ewww!). The only one who lost and kept it off on a "diet" was the one who did Weight Watchers. I know I'm lucky that I only struggle with 5-10 pounds here and there but I just wish people would stay away from those crazy diets. One piece of advice that I always give the larger ladies at school that lose weight is to throw out the clothes that become too small. That way once your pants feel snug, you HAVE to cut back and/or exercise more or you won't have anything to wear.
    Nobody listens to me.:ohwell: