Tonight I almost wasn't let into the bar...

Options
risefromruin
risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
...because I look so different from my ID! I haven't really gone out in quite awhile, so I had no reason to show anyone my ID. I went out to a concert tonight and finally had to show the dreaded picture to get into the bar. The bouncer didn't believe that I was who I said I was! He made my write my signature 3 times to prove it. At 98 lbs down, I can understand...but it's still a frustrating/happy experience. Looks like it is time for a new ID! I wanted to wait until I'm at goal weight, but I'm afraid of going out with friends and actually being turned away from a venue. Anyone else have a similar experience??

Replies

• taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! Congratulations. Getting a new ID is definitely in order.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, that has got to feel great!! CONGRATS!!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    That's great, what a boost.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow that wouldn't annoy me at all,that's a total compliment!!lol
  • risefromruin
    Options
    Haha! I used to have the opposite problem...I had a skinny ID picture and a fat face! For now, I'm carrying both copies with me. :) But thank you, guys! Tonight really assured me that there IS a difference.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Would have been really annoying if you didn't get in... but apart from that.. WOW!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it, I'm lucky all my ID was done during the dips in my yo-yoing. I've only lost about 30 lbs and old friends still blank me!
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic :happy:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I bet that was frustrating but it had to feel good..Congrats on your huge loss:-)
  • panda_rocks
    panda_rocks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wonderful! now go get yourself a new picture! :)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Nice, that would definetly be a NSV
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love it! Congrats!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me extremely yet... but I have had people do a double take and give me a funny look. LOL.

Congrats on the major loss! can't wait to be able to say I have lost 100 lbs!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    That is pretty darn amazing. lol. Congrats and don't sweat it, just get another ID :smile:
  • Zurelily
    Zurelily Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow! That's pretty amazing! I have never heard anything like this before :D
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I had this issue too.. I had to get new ID. It made me feel good and I am holding onto the old ID as motivation :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Thats awesome!!!
  • risefromruin
    Options
    Thanks guys! Valtishia- looks like you and I have had a pretty similar weight loss! It's a huge difference...definitely time for a new ID. It's on my to-do list this week.
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Nice, that would definetly be a NSV

??? I'm new here. What does. NSV stand for?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing, I would not have thought of that! When I've lost weight, I don't look that too differently than I did, face-wise, but then again, I've never lost that much. I can see how that would be frustrating, but man, that's a great sign! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!