Tonight I almost wasn't let into the bar...

Options
2»

Replies

• DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What a great compliment! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Nice, that would definetly be a NSV

??? I'm new here. What does. NSV stand for?

I've been here awhile but I've never really used the message boards until recently. Pretty sure it means non scale victory!
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, if there was ever confirmation of change...!

For what it's worth, it isn't a weight issue for me, but at 28, I still get ID'd - usually buying root beer, which is hilarious. And I'm straight edge, so I don't even drink alcohol!
  • risefromruin
    Options
    Well, if there was ever confirmation of change...!

For what it's worth, it isn't a weight issue for me, but at 28, I still get ID'd - usually buying root beer, which is hilarious. And I'm straight edge, so I don't even drink alcohol!

Hahaha, just means you look nice and young! I don't drink either but I don't claim edge. I just like to go out with the friends :)
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Unfortunately, not a problem I'm ever going to have again. It's a minor accomplishment for me when someone just asks to see the ID....but even that hasnt happened in years =).
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I got pulled over for speeding and the cop said "You don't look like your picture!" I explained that I lost almost 40 lbs and he wanted to know how i did it...said he and the wife wanted to get in shape. I told them about MFP, 1200 cals a day...his response was "oh, we couldn't do that."

Haha! Yeeeeeeees you can, Mr. Officer! If I can do it, anyone can!!!

(ps my profile pic is a Before!)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I never thought about that - guess it's a good thing in a way - enjoy and go for it on getting the new ID!
  • mj1402
    mj1402 Posts: 4
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great feeling! COngrats! 98 lbs lost!? That's amazing! Any great secret to losing so much?
  • DavidH85
    DavidH85 Posts: 19
    Options
    Only time I had any ID issue was when I first turned 21 and the same person checked my ID twice, had nothing to do with my weight though, or appearance. (other than maybe not believing I looked 21+) I would be a tad cautious about signing my name 3 times infront of someone as "proof" of who I am with how easy it is to steal someone's identity these days. I would've just said "this was ## lbs ago" and if they had a problem with it, go elsewhere. People's look often changes merely with age, reguardless if increased, decreased, or weight remaining the same. But yes, an updated ID helps.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats! When I lost about 60 pounds I traveled to England and they looked at my passport and they were like, "wow, doesn't even look like you," and said congrats on the weight loss. :)
    Awesome feeling
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    lol. Definitely time for a new ID.
  • risefromruin
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great feeling! COngrats! 98 lbs lost!? That's amazing! Any great secret to losing so much?

Thank you! I really don't think I have any secrets that aren't the obvious. I eat healthy but I still enjoy good food...and I exercise a lot. I think the best thing that I ever did for myself though was buy personal training sessions from a trainer at my gym. She has done SO much for me. Everytime I seem to hit a plateau, I schedule a session with her and I seem to lose another 15 lbs pretty quickly after that.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow Thats AWESOME!!!! lol
  • mj1402
    mj1402 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree - a personal trainer would be great- they don't let you slack off. I can't afford it, though. I do have a 2 week free pass to Gold's Gym, but I'm hesitant to use it they will prob. pester me to join.
    Thank you for the motivation!
  • risefromruin
    Options
    I agree - a personal trainer would be great- they don't let you slack off. I can't afford it, though. I do have a 2 week free pass to Gold's Gym, but I'm hesitant to use it they will prob. pester me to join.
    Thank you for the motivation!

Yep. Well, if you can ever afford it, it's well worth it. I actually haven't even met with her that much. Probably 5 times over the past year...so it cost me about $150 dollars in all or so. Look around for a decently priced gym, mine works out to be a dollar a day...and I'm paying for it with the money I would have spent on fast food or something! If you can't do that, have you tried the 30 Day Shred workout? I just bought it awhile ago and it's very similar to something that my trainer would have given me anyhow. I never thought that DVDs were much use, but if there are more out there like 30DS, I'm sure you can get great results at home.
  • stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    Options
    That happened to me too! The bouncer asked me if I had taken my older sister's ID. (I don't even have an older sister.) I was very flattered but frustrated that I had to go back to my car to get another form of ID.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol, that's a great little nsv. Incidentally, your post prompted me to dig out my driver's license. funny!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!