Skinny Christmas Challege Week 1 Weigh-in (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats josette31

I gave my weight to liveskinnyxo but here it is... 185.0 ( I lost 0.5 lbs) Yeah.... hopefully this week I'll see a whole number :wink:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone for this past week's weight loss........we ROCK!!!

Ok for this week's challenge you will be doing 25 seated trunk twists with weights. :o)

Here's an explanation for those of you who aren't sure how to perform this exercise.

Sit on mat with legs extended in front of you, ankles crossed if you'd like, with knees slightly bent. Hold a dumbbell with both hands and arms extended. Lean back to as close to a 45 degree angle as possible and twist torso to the left, bringing the dumbbell toward the floor near your hip on the left. Immediately twist to the right, keeping your spine neutral and abs tight. That's 1 rep. You will be doing 25 reps.

If you're like me and need support feel free to anchor your feet under the couch or somewhere similar BUT if you do this it WILL cost you!!! Instead of doing 25 reps you will have to do 50. :o) .......piece of cake, right???
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I did the challenge. I think I did it correctly. Thanks for it!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I probably wont be doing the challenge this week. My FIL has been in the hospital for the last week and he isn't doing well, I need to take care of some things here in the next week and then we will be taking off to Calgary to visit him. I will try to remember to post my WI on Sunday.
    Hope you all do great this week!!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 172 even!!! 160's here I come....watch out!
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    good luck 69mustang, i hope everything turns out well with your FIL.
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the latecheck in. Update me same as last week :( no loss but on a good note no gain
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I have some sad news.
    My father is dying and we are at his bedside.
    Trying to keep him comfortable and his anxiety low.
    Helping my mother to take care of him and doing the housework and outside work on the farm so she can be with him.
    He won't go to the hospital, so we are taking care of him 24/7.
    I am getting in some movement but I don't know if I will be able to reach my goal of 4500 this week.
    I am still trying to eat clean but it is more difficult away from home and I am not the one preparing the meals.
    I know I won't be able to do the challenge this week although it is a good one.
    Great job to all those who lost or at least maintained.
    Keep pushing forward....
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    Proudmomoftwo i'm sorry for the rough time you're going through. my prayers are with you & your family.
    xoxo stay strong
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    good luck 69mustang, i hope everything turns out well with your FIL.

Thanks but it looks like he wont be returning home :( He's been fighting cancer and it has spread to his liver, we're told there isn't a lot they can do for him because it's very aggressive :'( My own father also ended up in the hospital a few days ago but hopefully he will get to go home tomorrow. It really sucks that we dont live in the same cities as either of them but hopefully we will get to see them both in a few days.

Proudmomoftwo my thoughts and prayers are with you and your famly, big hugs!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Proudmumoftown and 69mustang my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families at this time
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Proudmumoftown and 69mustang, my thoughts are with you. :heart:
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think we all want to send you positive thoughts and hope you have the strength to do everything you need to do.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think we all want to send you positive thoughts and hope you have the strength to do everything you need to do.

You said it!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Proudmomoftwo and 69mustang, please know that we are all here for you during this time. My thoughts are with you and your families. Keep the sun shining on your back when faced with the darkness in front of you...
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

You said it!

here here
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What is with the fathers this week they need to behave.
    Unfortunately my FIL did not make it and he is no longer of this world. But he also struggled with cancer first to his lungs and brain then it spread everywhere in his abdome. We took him home to be on hospice. He was only on hospice for 24 hours literally to the hour. But he is not hurting anymore and is free from sickness.

My prayers do go out to guys that have sick papas too. Thanks for all the support!!! Its nice to have you all here.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What is with the fathers this week they need to behave.
    Unfortunately my FIL did not make it and he is no longer of this world. But he also struggled with cancer first to his lungs and brain then it spread everywhere in his abdome. We took him home to be on hospice. He was only on hospice for 24 hours literally to the hour. But he is not hurting anymore and is free from sickness.

My prayers do go out to guys that have sick papas too. Thanks for all the support!!! Its nice to have you all here.

And our thoughts are with you and your family as well. I'm glad yout FIL is at peace and no longer in pain. And now his soul can be free...
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    Fabi, my prayers are with you & your family as you heal. im sorry for your loss. xoxo
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Fabi, I am sorry for your loss. :heart: