Skinny Christmas Challege Week 1 Weigh-in (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• corinemh
    corinemh Posts: 22
    Options
    OOOOK...................... So the challenge for all of us for the week is.................. we all need to do at least 2 minute ab ups per day till weigh in on sunday. If you don't know what Ab ups are. What you do is you lay down on the ground on your stomach (preferably on carpet) and you lift yourself up with your fore arms and on your toes so that your body is completely off the ground. And you stay there for 2 minutes. DO NOT HUNCH YOUR BACK. You are using all the muscles in your stomach so that you will strengthen those abs and then you will get a nice smooth flat bikini tummy :) READY SET GO!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You are using all the muscles in your stomach so that you will strengthen those abs and then you will get a nice smooth flat bikini tummy :) READY SET GO!

I'd look pretty funny in a bikini... :laugh: :tongue:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations corinemh!!! What an amazing loss.....jealous!!! Hehehehe!! Good challenge! I've never done these before so I'm curious to see how painful it will be. I'm adding it to my afternoon workouts.
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats corinemh! Ooo nice challenge, I've been slacking on the an work recently so this will give me a kick up the backside lol, gonna do it before I go to bed tonight :smile:
  • meganhmb
    meganhmb Posts: 22
    Options
    Awesome job Corinemh! Quite the challenge this week - love it! I know we can all pull it off.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Is that also called a plank or is it something different?
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!! 2 minutes per day sounds so easy but I know from experience that is not the case, lol. Great idea for the summer slim down.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is a low plank it sounds like. Can we have the option to do a regular high plank, too? =) Great challenge!
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ahh great challege!! i've been meaning to up my plank game, but i dislike them so i've been avoiding it ahaha this is just the motivation i need!! mission abs is a go!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi. I didn't see my name on the chart. My starting weight was 230lbs, and please use that as my first weeks weight too :)
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe I over looked it but for how long do we do this per day? Do you have any certain amour of time? And can we log those in our diary? I'm meeting to this so Idk how it works exactly.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Do you mean the low plank? I did my 2 min for today, thanks for picking this one :)

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100168363

There is also a modified version from your knees if you are unable to do it from your toes
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My SW can also be my weigh in that was my weight on Sunday. Sorry wasnt able to get on yesterday.
    I am excited about the first challenge. My abs are gonna hate me. hahaha
    Here we go......
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Maybe I over looked it but for how long do we do this per day? Do you have any certain amour of time? And can we log those in our diary? I'm meeting to this so Idk how it works exactly.

2min a day. Good Luck!!! :)
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My weight this morning was 180.5. I think I will stick with 181 because my scale might be a little off.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    2 minute ab ups?? I might just die, but I'll give them a try. Do they help with the love handles??
  • corinemh
    corinemh Posts: 22
    Options
    To answer all of your questions They might be called Plank too. I have always known them as ab ups. But it's quite possible.So it's 2 minutes per day. I and you are literally using all the of the muscles in your stomach so yes it does help your love handles. I think you can log it to your excersise I'm not sure. This just all together will strengthen your core. It will make you very sore so just be prepared.
  • JessG83
    JessG83 Posts: 56
    Options
    Apparently I weighed in on the old page. oops! My weight was the same as starting because I had just joined the day before weigh-in. Also, I didn't see my name on the spreadsheet :ohwell: Luckily I have planks in part of my normal routine anyway, so I'm on track for this challenge even though I missed the link for the new page! Great job corinemh...AMAZING loss!!!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    uhh, so we have to do them for 2 minutes straight? shoot i barely made one minute...
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    uhh, so we have to do them for 2 minutes straight? shoot i barely made one minute...

I was hurting the last 30 seconds...yikes...

Good challenge!!