Paris Hilton BMI

Options
13»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Why would a guy ask how much you weigh? And if he didn't ask, why would the subject come up?

I run a dating advice site, so I've met a lot of friends through that. And lots do internet dating. Some online dating sites ask your weight for the profile. The site I met my husband on had it listed. I didn't realize it as an optional question at first. Once I realized, I left it off. Especially after some moron met me and told me he "thought you'd be smaller." I was 103 lbs at the time. Any smaller and a gust of wind would have carried me off! :laugh:

And online dating profiles bring about a whole 'nother debate... what constitutes as "average." Women tend to think of average as "the national average," ie, being a little overweight. Men think of it as "not Kate Moss." Then again, just about all men* claim to be 10 inches, so the truth gets stretched on both sides. :wink:

* I should add that not all men make ANY claims in that regard. But the ones that do all claim to be tripods.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't care how much I weigh at the end! I just want to fit into at least a size 10 or 12! Never been there before!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    This, and the fact that 13 year old models are used as high fashion ideals for women. There was an article last week on The Frisky about one of the hottest couture models--she is 13. Add cosmetics and you could never tell she was that young. Yet, this pre-puberty girl is toted as the ideal for grown women. I'm considered thin for my height, but always think I'm never thin enough.

I've noticed that about models in print. If you look at them closely, you can realize that they are just kids! It is sick! What is the matter with real women? Don't we have enough trouble with pedophiles, etc. already?? And yes, girls need REAL role models, not just fake boobs, liposuction, and botox to look up to! Ever go to a dermatologist these days to get a skin cancer check? Sheesh! It's like going to the supermarket: WHat look would you like to buy?!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    And I just want to say one more thing....Marilyn Monroe!
    One of the most beautiful women there ever has been. She wore a size 14. She is my role model.

Except that would be more like a today's size 6. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

I agree. Go to vintage shops to find the sizes of the 60's. NOT the same as today!