Hundred Push Ups October

Options
Hello everyone!
For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the hundredpushups.com program. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.
For me this is about week 11 or 12. I lost count.
I did week 6 day 2 level 1 this morning. I'd like to say it was easier but it wasn't. I could barely finish the last set. 150 plank style push ups! Trying not to be disappointed that I don't see a change from last week as far as strength goes.
Here are my sets:
1&2: 14
3&4: 15
5&6: 14
7&8: 10
9: max out (min 44) 44 (I barely made it to 44)
How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the hundredpushups.com program. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.
    For me this is about week 11 or 12. I lost count.
    I did week 6 day 2 level 1 this morning. I'd like to say it was easier but it wasn't. I could barely finish the last set. 150 plank style push ups! Trying not to be disappointed that I don't see a change from last week as far as strength goes.
    Here are my sets:
    1&2: 14
    3&4: 15
    5&6: 14
    7&8: 10
    9: max out (min 44) 44 (I barely made it to 44)
    How is everyone else doing?
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I wanna join in. :( but I have to start with learning - how to do push up. :embarassed:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi there im new to the site! I checked out the hundred push ups and think its great, so im taking the challenge.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to the challenge! The website shows how to do a push up. Most of us started out doing the push ups on our knees the first couple of weeks until we got enough strength to move on to full plank. A couple have also done the full 6 weeks on their knees and started over doing full. Whatever works for you! If you have questions, please ask! I'm glad you are here!
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I found the new post! I'll be posting later tonight after I finish Week 5, Day 2. Good luck, all!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to the challenge! The website shows how to do a push up. Most of us started out doing the push ups on our knees the first couple of weeks until we got enough strength to move on to full plank. A couple have also done the full 6 weeks on their knees and started over doing full. Whatever works for you! If you have questions, please ask! I'm glad you are here!
    Melissa

Melissa, you are maxing out at 44? I did 17 yesterday, and was convinced my arms would fall off!

I can't wait to be where you are.:wink:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Whew! I made it through Week 5, Day 2, level 1:
    27 (min 25)

I let myself rest for 60 seconds before the last set. I was SO exhausted from my surprise kickboxing class today that I am amazed that I got through it at all - 102 total!

44 in a row? That's awesome! :drinker:
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    push ups? no way my arms are just so weak!! always have been, i'll try but i can see me being pathetic and not managing many, my legs are the strongest point so i've always done work with them in the gym, cheating i know, will check out the website and see what to do, i knowi'll deffo be doing the knee push ups, never done a full one in my life!!
    the posts i've read, am so proud of you all!

3479.png
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Oh this sounds great!!! I need a little extra challenge to motivate me to get my strength up and this is perfect! Since it is Thurs. already, i'll probably just to the initial test and then start next week for sure.

Good luck everyone!!!
    -laura
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yay! New faces! Welcome!
    I am glad for the day off! I will post again tomorrow! I hope I will be able to finish it this time!
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    well i did my test and ooops, just managed 5 before my arms gave way. so anyway i did week 1 day 1 level 1 about 10 minutes ago and my arms are still a bit wobbly!!
    i knew i had no strength but this is ridiculous. now i've started lets see how i am in 6 weeks, very excited, welcome to others starting as well, its a great idea xxx :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

3479.png
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, Congrats on your 102 push ups! Especially after kickboxing! That's impressive! I do it first thing in the morning because I know after Shred or Taebo I won't be able to do it!
    Simlane, congrats on doing five for your test! Hey it's still five! That's great! You will find yourself getting stronger pretty quick I think.
    I did week 6 day 3 level 1. Well, I didn't have to stop twice on the last set like last time. I did have to stop for a second so my arms could stop hurting. lol. 170 push ups! I will be doing this week again next week (as I am sure I can't do 100 yet). Maybe the week after that I will go to level 2. I will test some time this weekend to see where I'm at. I am hoping for 60-70 consecutive, but that might be too high.
    I'll post when I get it done.
    I'm glad to have new faces joining us!
    Melissa
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Dear Self & Pups,

No matter how long it takes me.

No matter how many weeks I must repeat.

I WILL do 100 CONSECUTIVE pushups!

Remember self...ya gotta burn it...to earn it!! (muscles that is) :drinker:

Help me out guys...I've been slipping on this really bad! Help...suggestions pls!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
    Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Lav, I don't really have any advice or suggestions. I wish I did. Just know that we are still here for you. We'll keep the challenge going! Don't feel pressured to advance. Just do what you can. One of these days you will find yourself doing more and more. I find the longer it takes me the less motivated I am but I am determined to stick it out! Is there anything we can do to help? Keep posting with us! That might help! I'm glad you are still with us!:flowerforyou:
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK - I just barely finished Week 5, Day 3 (121 total :noway: )!
    31 (min 30)

Even though I finished every day this week, I am almost sure that I am going to have to repeat this week. I mean, how I am supposed to suddenly be able to do 46 when I do my test?? That's the only thing that bugs me about the program - if you are starting over in the left column, then you really can't make the progress that you need in order to move on in the time given. At least, that's been the case for me. I've had to repeat a week after every test.

Good luck on your test, Melissa! It's so amazing that you can even talk about doing that many.

And, Lavender, I agree with Melissa - keep posting! Knowing that you guys are here to cheer me on, and that I've committed to doing this 3x/week, definitely helps get me to actually do it. And it really doesn't take that long to do - you can hop down on the floor while watching TV or something and you're done in about 10 minutes or so. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

It's funny - I mentioned the challenge to a couple of guys at work, and now I have all these guys doing the challenge too! Of course, some of them started out way ahead (one guy got 40 on his initial test a couple weeks ago and will probably finish before me :grumble:), but it is still cool that they are all asking me about my progress and telling me where they are in the plan. But I sure am not going to give up now!

Welcome to our newbies! We're glad to have you, simlane - 5 is a great start! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, when are you doing your test? I am doing another brake job in the morning and if I get as sore as I did last weekend then I won't want to do the test this weekend. But doing it tomorrow morning might be too soon. Maybe I can wait till Monday, doing as many as I can consecutive and then adding more with breaks in between. I can go back to day 2 on Wednesday. I might do that. Make sure you post so I can cheer you on! :wink:
    Oh and my husband was doing push ups before I started but he couldn't do very many. He quit and I started doing them. He won't start them again now because I've got him beat! I guess I crushed his ego. Poor guy.
  • gallo6
    gallo6 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just looked at the site and I want to take on that challenge! I will do my initial test tomorrow morning and then start the challenge on Monday.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome gallo! Let us know how your test goes! :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I did my test this morning and I was only able to do 50 consecutive. I know that's a lot but it's the same thing I got two weeks ago! I was hoping to be up to 60 at least by now. Ugh!
    I put my 50 in with today's push ups. Since I did 50 decided to try level 2 of week 6.
    Here's what day 1 looks like:
    1-40
    2-50
    3-25
    4-25
    5 max (min 50)

Mine looked like this:
    1-50 (test)
    2-40
    3-25
    4-25
    5-30
    So I fell 20 short, which I could probably pick up now but that wouldn't really count. I should be proud that I did 170 push ups but I am really bummed that I can't do any more consecutive!
    CP, how did your test go?
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    ok, just finished day 1 of week 1......wooo, i am so ridiculously a wimp it is not even funny! (but kinda a little funny:laugh: ) I could barely do 4 really good push ups for my test, and today, by the time i finished i thought my arms were going to fall off. And i'm having major trouble with my wrists (i broke one pretty bad a few years ago, and the other i had a hairline fracture in on of the hand bones that never healed properly) so i tried doing it with my fists closed....and no way, that was way too hard, i might try it with gripping a hand weight tomorrow, we'll see.

But this is a great challenge, i was a little sceptic at first, and really didn't even want to do it, but now i am totally into it! i want to get to 100!!! Hell I want to get to 50, and i'd be over the moon giddy!

Well i'll keep ya'll posted at the end of the week! Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!!!
    -Laura