Hundred Push Ups October

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Great job Simlane! That's awesome how much you have improved!
    Welcome GMP! Keep posting with us so we can encourage you! :flowerforyou:
    CP, I forget too sometimes if I have done a set or not. I did it yesterday and had to really sit and think about. Good for you to do the set again just in case!
    Thankfully today is a day off, although strangely enough I don't feel I would mind doing them today. Usually I don't want to. Maybe it's the level 2 and it's more of a challenge to me. Anyway, I'll post tomorrow!
    MM
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    awh thanks guys, my daughter is on half term now till november 3rd so hopefully will keep it up but not sure how much i will have the laptop as she is on it chatting to friends most evenings, speak soon xx
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    I'm still here!! I'm still here!!

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone, i sorta took last week off and did absolutely nothing. not good, but i needed it.

But I'm back on track this week, just finished my Week 2 Day 2 and did a total of 27 push ups!!!! which is completely amazing. I can't believe i could barely do 5 push ups, in a row, three weeks ago and now I can do 7. My form's good, and i feel confident that tomorrow is going to be great and i'll do even more than 7 in a row!.

I can tell, a little, (it might be my imagination, but i don't care. it's keeping me motivated) that my arms are getting more definition and that i'm stronger. And you know another bonus????: My abs are getting the best workout. I'm mainly working arms, of course, but i have noticed that I tighten my abs when i'm doing the push ups and my abs have been looking so much better! SO......BONUS.....WOOOHOOO!

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone!
    Laura
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Glad you're still here Laurabelle! Congrats on getting to 7 push ups in a row! And yes, you probably are seeing muscle definition already. I started to see it pretty quickly, even with my flabby arms! It's a great motivator! And my lower abs have been flatter (still have a spare around the tummy) since doing push ups. I didn't realize how it changed so much of the body!
    I'll post in awhile with day 3 level 2!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did it! I made it through! 245 push ups. I had to take about 3 minutes before the last set. I realized that if I just count and not focus then I can make it through the sets okay. Weird huh? For some reason if I focus on what I am doing I spaz out and or something. So I pay attention to my counting but kind of let my mind wander a little. Maybe that's not the best thing to do, but it works for me. :wink:
    I think maybe my hands are a little too high, up towards my head. Maybe I'm not as strong as I appear since my arms are out and up more toward my head. Maybe I'd fall down if I tried to do them closer to the shoulders. It's just where I feel comfortable I guess. I will test some time this weekend and probably redo level 2 on Monday and try to work on my form some more. If I don't do more than 50 on my test then I think I will just be psyching myself out. :laugh: I did 55 today so I know I can do more!
    You all are doing great! I'm so glad we have each other here for support! I might have given up a long time ago! Thanks for being here everyone!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    OK, yesterday I did my first set of push ups for the challenge and I felt great. Today, I hurt and I just want to hold where it hurts which is kinda funny because its my chest. :laugh: So, I promise I'll keep my hands off and suck it up and be strong. This really is challenging.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    GMP, I promise the soreness does go away after the first week or so. I'm up to over 200 push ups(not in a row) and I'm not getting that sore anymore.
    I did my test this morning. I think I may have psyched myself out or something. The counting seems to cause me to stop before I should. Anyone else experience that? I made it to 60 but my goal was 70. So I am improving. I could tell by 55 that I was compromising my form a lot and it was beginning to hurt my back. I think since I haven't been working out consistently this week that it may have hurt my test. I will stay with week 6 level 2 this week and test again next weekend. I wonder if I would get further by looking at how many more I have to go to get to 100 rather than counting how many I've done. Does that make sense? Instead of thinking, "There's 50." I could think, "There's 60. Just 40 more to go."
    If you can't tell I am a little disappointed that I have to wait a whole other week to test. Ha ha. I feel like I could have done better. CP, have you blown me by yet? :wink:
    MM
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok. I just got up the nerve to look at the site http://hundredpushups.com/
    100 push ups, huh?

Well I would not have thought I was capable of this a month ago, but I am game now. The worst that can happen is I have killer arms!

So today was day 1

set one-10
    set 2-6
    set 3-4
    set 4-4
    set 5-7

I am posting this because I want a newbie or someone who thinks they cant to read this and see. Anyone can do this. I started with an encouragement from mechanicmom, and am now up to 3 x 10 which is 30 a day. I am now ready to take on a challenge.
    :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaay!!! Welcome to the challenge, arewethereyet and gmpearse! :drinker: :glasses: :bigsmile:

And hooray for me, because I just completed week 6! It seemed really hard today, but I managed to get through. I waited about 2 minutes before doing the last set, though:
    1&2: 13
    3&4: 17
    5&6: 16
    7&8: 14
    9: 53 (minimum was 50)

Congrats on making 60 pushups, MM! That is still a big improvement over your last test, right? I totally know what you mean about psyching yourself out. I try not to focus on the number while I am actually doing them. I just count 1-10, 1-10 (2), 1-10 (3), 1-10 (4), etc. And I go just as fast as I can during the long sets! So I will be trying to think of just doing 10 pushups, and then another 10, and then another 10 - 10 times over. Have you tried having your hubby count for you yet? I was thinking of trying that myself - except I think I would just have him count the sets of 10 ("1" after the first ten, "2" after the second ten, etc). I guess you could start at 100 and still count 10 at a time - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-"90", then 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-"80", then "70", etc. The big numbers intimidate me as well! :laugh:

I'll test on Monday. I am sure I will be repeating week 6, so I think I am going to try going slower and lower on some of the shorter sets. Dunno if I will be ready for level 2 yet, but I am still excited about today. I made it past 50!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oh cp congrats, you have broken thru the 6 week problem, oh well done.... i havent started week 3 yet hoping tomorrow i can remember to carry on, well done again xx
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    To all,

I am amazed at all of you! I read your posts and the numbers are incredible. Really, I would never have thought I would do so many push ups but today was week 1, day 2 and I did 6,8,6,6, and 7. For you gals to be able to do 50 -60 push ups is wild. You have convinced me it is possible. Yeah, all of us. Gina
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    So can i do like... " Girly " push ups? Becuase that would be fabulous.
    :)
  • cp005e
    Options
    Aw, thanks guys! It is so great to be able to share my progress with all of you. I promise - if I can do it, so can you!

IP07 - I started out with "girly" push-ups because I could only do *ONE* regular style. Some folks have gone through the whole program on their knees, others kept repeating until they could continue on their toes. After two weeks on my knees, I was able to do 6 regular style, so I started the program over. I've had to repeat several weeks, but it is still amazing to see how far I have come. I think however you want to do it is great, and you will absolutely see major improvements if you keep it up! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay, MM....here I am....you talked me into it....but I *think* that I will be more effective in "hundred push ups NOVEMBER"...I have a few days of girly girl pushups to do first...as in a couple WEEKS of girly girl push ups to do. :grumble: BUT, I am here & I am committed! WOO!

Look at you, girls! I am officially inspired! I have my dh's "winter" party to go to the first week of December so it would be nice to look a little more toned...we'll see if I can ever get my knees off the floor!

I'm in! :cry: I mean...I'm in! :happy:

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome IP07! I started out with girly push ups the first week or so before moving on. Just get started and before you know it, you will be strong enough to do full ones!
    Yay! 3BB is here! Welcome! Don't cry! It's not that bad! It's very motivating once you realize you've made progress and can do more! You don't want to stop then! Start with the girl push ups and work your way up. I almost wish I would have done the program all the way through on my knees and then started over with full ones, but I'm okay where I'm at!
    It only takes a few minutes a day, so no excuses! Unless of course you hurt yourself. :wink: And no falling asleep on the floor! It's not allowed! Glad you all are here!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Argh...you saw me...I guess I can't back out now. :laugh: Thanks for the pep talk...and I will TRY not to fall asleep on the floor. But, I make no guarantees. :bigsmile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm back pups...gonna be a real uphill climb...but I am back! :tongue:

I just read your posts over the last month and I must say...WOW I am impressed Pups!! :happy:

CP and Mechmom...keepin the faith no matter what...awesome women you are!!

Thank you for staying the course even when it's tough!! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did week 6 level 2 day 1 again. Honestly I did a whole lot better than I thought, especially since my back hurts. I know I probably shouldn't have done it, but I did. It's my mid/side that hurts.
    Anyway, here's what I did:
    1-40
    2-50
    3-25
    4-25
    5-55 (min 50!)
    195 altogether!
    I should be ready to move on to level 3 next week! I should be able to do 70 over the weekend...I hope! I never thought I'd be able to do between 200-300 push ups 3x a week! Very cool!
    Lavender! it's great to see you again! We've missed you!
    Everyone keep it up! You are all doing great! I am just so impressed to see so many women checking it out and doing it! Way to go!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    Well, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I was tired (or because I had a beer earlier :embarassed: ), but I only managed 51 pushups on my test. I know, I know, I shouldn't be disappointed - but I did 53 the other day, so after a couple days of rest I was hoping for better. Ah well. I am going to TRY level 2 of week 6 this week, since technically my test puts me (just barely!) in that column. So we will see!

Welcome back, Lavender - you were one the original PUPs (at least when I joined) so it is great to see you back at it!

Careful with your back, MM. But 200+ pushups (or nearly) in a day is so awesome! Great job! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I can not believe I am trying this. 4 months ago I went into physical therapy for a severe neck injury that occured 2 yrs ago. I was over it...I mean just over it. They made me aware of the things I CAN do. Thus started my road to better health.

Then I stumble into this room, HAHA I say as if I can do a push up!

Did one, took a nap.

I have now started the actual challenge. I dont know how far I will get, but I am challenging myself and that can only lead to good things.

Thanks for the support and this awesome thread.

I am on day 3 of week one and because I began to do push ups a few months ago I am in level 2 {Girly Style...geez that sounds dirty..}:smokin:

Have a great day and dont forget to STRETCH!!:flowerforyou: