2 piece or 1 piece?

LauraJo08
LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys,

So I have a question for everyone regarding swimming suits! I live in Minnesota and almost every weekend I go up to the cabin with friends or family. Fourth of July is a big one and it's also my family reunion. I'm bringing up two of my closest friends from college, who are both 5'6 or so and 120 pounds soaking wet.

I've always kind of wondered what people thought on this subject, but I was wondering whether to wear a 2 piece or a 1 piece. I took the two piece picture about three weeks ago, and have toned up since then, while the 1 piece was a few days ago. I feel good in the 1 piece, and OK in the two piece, but I am such a bad judge of swimsuit appropriate that I don't know what to rock at this moment in time (my goal by the end of the summer is to be that girl at the pool with the abs that everyone envies).

In the past, I've worn 2 pieces and later on seen pictures of myself and have felt horrified, but at 21, I'm afraid that there is something a bit matronly about wearing a 1 piece....

So...any suggestions?

Photoon2011-06-17at2047.jpg

Photoon2011-05-30at2227.jpg

Replies

• tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    I say you wear what you feel most comfortable in and not worry about what other people think. I think you look fine in either of them!
  • the two peice looks really good! i'd wear that one if i were you. but if you're going to be self concious and not enjoy yourself, wear the one peice. but you look great in the bikini:)
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    you actually look BETTER in the 2 piece! :o)
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    You look great in both of them. I say whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    If I looked like you I would do my grocery shopping in a 2 piece! 2 thumbs up for 2 piece! :happy:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Definitely the two piece!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    I think the two piece looks better :)
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    You look good in both! Wear what you feel comfortable in.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    the two peice looks really good! i'd wear that one if i were you. but if you're going to be self concious and not enjoy yourself, wear the one peice. but you look great in the bikini:)

I agree completely. I think you are rocking the two piece, but if you are going to be uncomfortable, that will come across. But I say you listen to us and go out feeling HOT in the 2 piece :)

(For what it's worth, I feel a bit matronly in a 1 piece at 33 with no kids. So, I know how you feel...)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    You definitely look fantastic in the two-piece and I wish I could look like that! But definitely wear what is comfortable with you. Maybe pack both?
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    you actually look BETTER in the 2 piece! :o)

I agree! You are rocking it!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I think you look slimmer in the 2 peice.
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    you look great in both... if you have the flat tummy which you DO i would take the 2 piece... but take whatever u FEEL more comfy in
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    The two piece is much more attractive, the one piece looks way too old for you. You have a lovely figure and the one piece obscures that fact. Hope you have fun :)
  • kimkat77
    kimkat77 Posts: 20
    GORGEOUS!!! Wear what makes you feel good on the inside....if I could wear a two-piece, I would go with it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I like the bikini better, but if you're going to be actually swimming in a lake and stuff, the one piece might be more practical.
  • You look great in both, But pick the one yu feel best in.
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    you look great in the 2pc! Wear it with confidence!
    :happy:
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    I think you should rock the 2 piece. It actually looks better. Bring the one piece in case you're feeling uncomfortable but really - there is no need!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Damn, definitely the two piece!
This discussion has been closed.