Can't Retain Water...

Options
124»

Replies

• cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    daval026 wrote: »
    Retaining water is incredibly important; it's not just "water weight". Water is the most important nutrient and it's important to hold it to keep the osmolality if the blood at a set point to turn if thirst and optimise cardiovascular function and metabolism. You may need to add sodium to your water so it is retained in the blood as our water will dilute the blood causing diuresis. Are u stressed? You way also have adrenal burnout, which causes diuresis...

This thread has not been active in three years...
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Gotta love Zombie threads..
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    cmh308 wrote: »
    Retaining water is incredibly important; it's not just "water weight". Water is the most important nutrient and it's important to hold it to keep the osmolality if the blood at a set point to turn if thirst and optimise cardiovascular function and metabolism. You may need to add sodium to your water so it is retained in the blood as our water will dilute the blood causing diuresis. Are u stressed? You way also have adrenal burnout, which causes diuresis...

This thread has not been active in three years...

And even then, it was a zombie.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i noticed a page back that someone posted a link to keto.. i face palmed lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Best zombie tbread ever. WTH?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP figured out their problem from 2011.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest salt tablets. But then I saw the kitty.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

This thread was started in 2011...I doubt the OP is still looking for answers on here...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I love me a Zombie thread where the resurrection is a first post.

Makes me laugh and wonder how they came across it and what Google search they did.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are 50% water, so yes, you need to retain some, like to live.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    lots of zombie threads today...it's like people don't read the thread at all...

Oh...

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I went and hugged the OP. Maybe love will bring her back.
  • ironrockcorp
    ironrockcorp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cem2168 wrote: »
    So apparently according to my doctors I am drinking a ton of water but not retaining much of it... do you have any suggestions to help me retain water?

Your body is complex and made up of 70% of water. However we need more than water to maintain our body. Just like our bodies fruits and veggies also contain water, and they give us the nutrients to keep our bodies going strong. So replace some of those glasses of water with fruits and veggies. You'll be just fine.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    cem2168 wrote: »
    So apparently according to my doctors I am drinking a ton of water but not retaining much of it... do you have any suggestions to help me retain water?

Your body is complex and made up of 70% of water. However we need more than water to maintain our body. Just like our bodies fruits and veggies also contain water, and they give us the nutrients to keep our bodies going strong. So replace some of those glasses of water with fruits and veggies. You'll be just fine.

So how did you find this ancient thread make it your first thing to post? Sadly, you are years too late to help the OP who has been missing since 2011.