venting on "male PIGS"

Options
AwesomeSauce4
AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
I just Have to vent!!! I know it's "Father's Day" and all but some men are just "PIGS" They don't even give you a second look when ya all out of shape, but as soon as they found out you starting to look a lil decent, oh... yea oh they all up in your business acting as if they are your bestest buddy.. Why is this????? Does anyone have an answer??? Please Help me understand this..

This is even for my husband: He was all the time checking girls out "Right in front of me" and now if I even get a compliment from a male It is as if I was "Sleeping" with him or something.. you know or does noone no:????? And dang I can't even go to the freaking Tanning bed without my husband tagging along anymore.. Crazy!!!!!

Come on Buddies, Give me some advice or opinions on these issues I am having.. "PLEASE"

{{Hugs}} Rachel

Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would have a BIG problem with that. I get really irked by jealously. I have lost a bit as well and have also noticed that I have gotten attention that I have never gotten before. However, it just makes me smile. My husband is very proud of me and he gets happy when other guys notice me because he knows I don't take it seriously and that I come home to him.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I don't know, if there's another woman I find attractive I'll look but I don't expect my wife to NOT look at other men either. I wish she would to be honest... Heck I won't go to a strip club because it really upsets her but she was invited to a bachelorette party two weeks ago, I told to have fun and bring some singles. Just cuz we're married doesn't mean we're dead, but it has to work both ways.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's called EVOLUTION. Healthier women are more likely to produce healthy offspring. That will never change.
    Oh... and jealousy ensures that the offspring are HIS. Men tend to be more jealous because compared to eggs, sperm is cheap.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't know, if there's another woman I find attractive I'll look but I don't expect my wife to NOT look at other men either. I wish she would to be honest... Heck I won't go to a strip club because it really upsets her but she was invited to a bachelorette party two weeks ago, I told to have fun and bring some singles. Just cuz we're married doesn't mean we're dead, but it has to work both ways.

Funny you say this. When I see a really nice rack on TV, I almost always point it out to my husband. I even rewind the DVR if it goes to another screen. I agree, we are married, not blind.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    He's jealous and he is finding you more attractive and he knows others will as well. He's feeling insecure and he probably doesn't know how to deal with it well. Guys pay attention now because, well, you're looking great. It's not just something that men do. Women do too.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Guys can be ****ish.

one of my fiances work college is terrible..
    If he sees a girl he thinks is fit he says "mmm i want to put my penis in her".
    and i know for a fact that if his girlfriend ever said "mmm i wish he'd put his penis in me", about another guy he'd go mental!

Im just thankful my fiance is a one woman girl ^-^
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Do you ogle fat, out of shape men?
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Too much drama.

Men like women who look good. This isn't new.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    Also, I personally don't care if my hubby is checking out some other girl. He's coming home with me and certainly never turns me down. :P People look. It's human nature. Unless it's constant and he's not paying any attention to you, no use getting upset over human nature. When I catch my hubby looking(at other women), I smirk at him... because I caught him. He usually follows it up with a compliment to me. I don't need it, but it's nice. I also catch him randomly looking at me too. Maybe you will catch yours looking at you too... :)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Different men are attracted to different things. I don't like a woman to be skinny, if I can see every spinal process I am turned off. I like straight teeth, a sweet smile, and if she's a little curvy (a la Marilyn Monroe) I WILL oggle.... But outer beauty will only take me so far. If outer beauty was all that mattered, I'd still be married.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I think it goes for both sexes, they take their significant other for granted due to the stresses of life and start to look elsewhere thinking the grass might be greener. But when the significant other loses weight they see others noticing and act like a child who lost interest in their favorite toy and don't play with it anymore until someone else wants to play with it.

It comes down to jealousy
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh. I thought this was going to be about farming.

Now that I'm here, though, it sounds like there is insecurity on both sides. Men haven't cornered the market on bad behavior, either.

I think you need to have a conversation when you are calm and tell him how you are feeling.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing when I dropped 40# during my husband's 6 month deployment.

Be careful.

That is my only advice.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Do you ogle fat, out of shape men?
    ^^ She's got a good point!!:wink::tongue:

It's not only men, women can be the very same way, it might not be so obvious but women look too!

I'm with k2d4p, smile and enjoy the attention, you worked hard to get to your fitness goals, you're naturally going to be more visible, fat people are invisible to many, once the weight is dropped POOF! No longer invisible.:laugh: :smokin:
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's jealousy for you. I've been there.
    Men usually have roaming eyes. I think it's the fact that they like what they can't have.
  • Wordrioter
    Wordrioter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your husband is feeling threatened or insecure as he watches his wife transforming before his eyes. Change is hard for everyone, especially if you have been significantly overweight for a long time. He knows he enjoys looking at other women, and now he is seeing others eyeing HIS wife - it probably scares him. He may be asking himself, "will she discard me once she discards all that weight?

Assuming you are otherwise happy with your mate, you might try sitting down with him and reassuring him that no matter what YOUR size, you want HIM and no one else!

PS....did you know that pigs are one of the most intelligent animals one earth? LOL
  • Helice
    Options
    When I catch my hubby looking(at other women), I smirk at him...

wow i wish i could be like that.
    I know if i ever saw my fiance looking at another girl when i was stood next to him i would instantly feel in-adequate.
    Escpecially if i was with him and id spent ages trying to look nice. And he decided to check out another girl than me..
    I guess im just uptite about this kind of thing...
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I think it goes for both sexes, they take their significant other for granted due to the stresses of life and start to look elsewhere thinking the grass might be greener. But when the significant other loses weight they see others noticing and act like a child who lost interest in their favorite toy and don't play with it anymore until someone else wants to play with it.

It comes down to jealousy

I love how you put it "acting like a child who lost interest in their favorite toy and don't play with it anymore until someone else wants to play with it." that's exactly how I feel:wink:
  • bunchesonothing
    Options

PS....did you know that pigs are one of the most intelligent animals one earth? LOL

LOL! Awesome!
  • Helice
    Options

I reckon they get it from spending so much time with humans..