October Shred Challenge 10/1-10/7

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me name of video of this shredding thing????
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yeah...it's Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. There are 3 levels and the idea is that you do level one for 10 days (or until you feel you can advance), then level2 for 10 days, then level 3. If you have comcast on demand you can get level 1 and 2 right now for free. It is a kick butt workout!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    The crummy thing is level 1 ends 10/7 on my OnDemand. So I'm hoping I can be in good enough shape to move up to level 2 by 10/8/08 so I don't have to run out and buy it right away. I'm such a cheapskate...ahahaha.

So I only did Shred once last night...grrr....hubby got frisky.:bigsmile: ...blah blah blah....he keeps saying he can really tell a difference...so something is working! :glasses:

My plan...Shred tonight after work and then I go to a family reunion tomorrow...2 hours drive there and 2 hours back in the same day. I should be home by 7ish tomorrow night...plenty of time to Shred after I get home! I think my body will really like it after those 2 hours in the car too! :wink: Maybe I'll try to catch up with my one day missed on Sunday...once in the morning once in the evening. Yeah...that will be my plan! :tongue:

Have a great day ladies!
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    ok...I might sound a little dumb here but please keep in mind, i live in Costa Rica and im a little cut off on certain subjects so of course I googled it to find out what you were all chatting about :laugh: ...that looks interesting...i wanna try that!!! As of right now Im facing a 2 week mailing purchase :grumble: and no comcast in Central America...any other ideas of where to find this?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I did the shred workout today. My muscules are pretty sore but they are getting better. Just don't forget to streach people. I made this BIG mistake the first time and Im paying for it. WOW. :grumble: But that is 2. cheers to me. :drinker:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I did Shred tonight!! 2/30!! It felt really good. My push ups are MUCH better but any shoulder exercise is still really hard!!!

Way to go J for getting your workout in!! Nice job! :)
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    my push ups are getting better too. The first time I did pushups I maybe did one. Much easier going down then coming back up by the way. :laugh: The second time I did the workout I think I did 5. :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    did the shred tonight. WOW much better on the push ups I think I did like 15 tonight. I still feel it however. But its going much better. :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The crummy thing is level 1 ends 10/7 on my OnDemand. So I'm hoping I can be in good enough shape to move up to level 2 by 10/8/08 so I don't have to run out and buy it right away. I'm such a cheapskate...ahahaha.

So I only did Shred once last night...grrr....hubby got frisky.:bigsmile: ...blah blah blah....he keeps saying he can really tell a difference...so something is working! :glasses:

My plan...Shred tonight after work and then I go to a family reunion tomorrow...2 hours drive there and 2 hours back in the same day. I should be home by 7ish tomorrow night...plenty of time to Shred after I get home! I think my body will really like it after those 2 hours in the car too! :wink: Maybe I'll try to catch up with my one day missed on Sunday...once in the morning once in the evening. Yeah...that will be my plan! :tongue:

Have a great day ladies!

Question on the Shred tape.... is there only one tape? So all 3 stages are contained on the one?? I found it after calling around locally for under $10 but just wanted to make sure it was the right one. :drinker:

Thanks for any info :):drinker:

I may not have made it in time to join you all on your challenge this month...but once I get it I'll be keeping up with reading your posts.....

You're all VERY motivating!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Starting today - I will stretch after!

How do you log this in exercise on MFP?
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Have a great day ladies!

Question on the Shred tape.... is there only one tape? So all 3 stages are contained on the one?? I found it after calling around locally for under $10 but just wanted to make sure it was the right one. :drinker:

Thanks for any info :):drinker:

I may not have made it in time to join you all on your challenge this month...but once I get it I'll be keeping up with reading your posts.....

You're all VERY motivating!! :flowerforyou:

It is one DVD, there are 3 levels on it. I got mine for around 10 bucks also.
    Good Luck
    (I did this challege last month and lost 10 lbs, I am doing something different this month, good luck to all of you)
  • MelK8RN
    Options
    last time i asked how to log this i was told to log it as general circuit training for 20 minutes. I feel like i might be burning more cals than it is giving me credit for though. If anyone has any better loggin ideas, let me know!!
    Didn't shred yesterday :ohwell: or today:embarassed: but i did do an hour of pilates on a reformer with a trainer. I have plenty of time tomorrow and wednesday to do it twice to make up!:tongue:

ps i cheated and weighed myself today (due on wednesday) and i am down 1.5 pounds:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump.gif
  • MelK8RN
    Options
    okay so i have not been great about shredding every day but am doing it when i can. I swore I was going to do this for 30 days and it makes me mad that i have not stuck with that:mad: but i figure i will do my best to do it as many days as i can and be happy with that!:wink:
    Weight after one week : 164
    loss: 1 pound

No too shabby for feeling like i wasn't doing so great!!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody? How are we all doing?
    Much better than me I hope!
    We had issues with Comcast since Friday. I use my OnDemand to do the Shred.
    So with out Comcast, I did not have Shred OR internet so I wasn't able to log my food here on MFP.
    Anyway, Comcast has resolved the problem. I hope to be back shredding tonight!
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    I just finished Day 8! This is from someone who did little to no exercise prior to this time. I actually look forward to the workout and this is just the challenge I needed. Thanks for starting the October challenge!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I just started Shredding yesterday but I have successfully completed day two!! I am shaking!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    OK I need help. I got a HRM monitor and I was ready to go and I did something wrong so it didn't count my calories. Could someone please tell me how many calories I just burned?? :bigsmile: I want to eat them calories up. :bigsmile: Thank you
  • chrissyh
    Options
    OK Girls - I had hoped that I would shred at least twice a week - starting from nothing to that was big for me BUT not only have I shredded 3 times (Wed, Thurs and Monday) but I walked 2 days too! It feels good!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    OK Girls - I had hoped that I would shred at least twice a week - starting from nothing to that was big for me BUT not only have I shredded 3 times (Wed, Thurs and Monday) but I walked 2 days too! It feels good!

way to go!!!!