are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options
i was wondering what my goal wight should be? everyone around me is telling me to stop and maintain but i really don't think 125 is unreasonable or unhealthy. does anyone have before and afters at about my hieght to help inspire??

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 125 and I am 5'5". I don't have any recent pics. I'm about 4 lbs away from goal right now, though. I do have some before/afters on my profile but that was a few lbs ago.
  • Seginns
    Seginns Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm currently 148 with a goal of 135. I used to be 125-130 back in my college days and I wasn't unhealthy. I'm built small so it was about right for me.
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I am about 5 5, maybe a smidge shorter. My goal has been 135/139 but, just this week I decided that I REALLY want my goal to be 125 as well. I don't know if it's doable at 36 with 3 kiddos "under my belt" but, i am going to give it a shot. I wasn't really planning on talking about it much to people around me, just kind of trying to do it b/c I can see everyone telling me it's "too much"

currently I am 148 and I have to say taht i'm more motivated with 20 more lbs to lose versus 8 more lbs....does that make sense?

I say keep going as long as you are doing it "healthily" .... if that's even a word :wink:

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

*i've wanted to be 125 ever since I can remember.... in high school i felt fat at 135...now i'd love to see the 30's :)
  • Lakasha
    Lakasha Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'5" and set my goal as 125. I just got started but I think that is a reasonable goal.
  • xxhollow
    xxhollow Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm just an inch taller and currently I weigh 169.5lbs and my long term goal is to hit 130lbs. As long as you're in a healthy BMI, you'll be just fine. :)
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 125 also.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5 and 125 is the perfect weight for me
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is 126 lbs (9 stone in UK speak!).

Currently 131/132 lbs. Have got down from 140 since joining MFP about 5 weeks ago; and down from around 155 a few weeks after having my 2nd child last Sept.
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    I think 125 is just fine. My goal is to get to 130, and then maintain 130 +/- 10 after that. It's in the middle of the healthy weight range and gives me a little wiggle room without going over or under a healthy weight. Wish I had before/afters for you, but I've got another 27lb to lose.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 5ins I was 125 and I was very small I was a size 2 American size Im now a size 6/8 at 149 I will be happy at 128-130 It depends on your body type most of my weight is around my tummy.
  • tummymummy
    tummymummy Posts: 97
    Options
    Hi, Im 5"5.5 and currently at 140.8 - Ive set my goal for 139 - Just want to get into those 130's! The lowest Ive been is around 135 and tbh I think my face looked too thin then but things have changed after 3 kids and everything heading south I think 130/135 would be good - I certainly couldnt imagine being any less than 130 though on my frame.

If you aim a little lower and you look too thin it would certainly be easier to put a little on ;)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    125 isn't unreasonable or unhealthy for your height. I'm 5'6" and currently weigh between 128-131lbs. depending on the time of the month. By no means do I look skinny. I would like to lose another 3-5lbs. Sorry, I don't have before/after pics.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some pics too- I'm 5'5'', started out 140, now 129, trying for 125 but I've been stalling out for a few months now- those last few are a b!tch. I don't think my body wants to do it, I'm fairly large boned, 34dd... Still working on it though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 134.5, and at goal, but thinking 130 by the end of summer would be alright.

Just keep in mind that the scale isn't the be-all, end-all. I'm the same size at 135-ish as I was at 125 years ago. I just look better now, since I have more muscle. Compare photos side by side if you're having a hard time seeing changes in the mirror.

From last summer to this summer:
    beforeduringduringafter.jpg

From 12 years ago to now. I'm wearing the same size, but I look healthier and stronger now:
    12yearscopy.jpg

What strikes me as funny is how PALE I was in 1999! And that's after driving a convertible all summer! I don't have a tan now. I use sunscreen religiously. I just have healthy glow.
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with 6 kids.. i set my goal as 150..b ecause that is really my first goal, and i figured from that point i would readjust... i was 128 in highschool... but im not 16 anymore..so really don't know what's a reasonable goal for a 30 yr old with 6 kids... sorry i didnt really answer but im interested in other's answers lol! :)
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 134.5, and at goal, but thinking 130 by the end of summer would be alright.

Just keep in mind that the scale isn't the be-all, end-all. I'm the same size at 135-ish as I was at 125 years ago. I just look better now, since I have more muscle. Compare photos side by side if you're having a hard time seeing changes in the mirror.

From last summer to this summer:
    beforeduringduringafter.jpg

From 12 years ago to now. I'm wearing the same size, but I look healthier and stronger now:
    12yearscopy.jpg

What strikes me as funny is how PALE I was in 1999! And that's after driving a convertible all summer! I don't have a tan now. I use sunscreen religiously. I just have healthy glow.

wow!!! you look great!! i think i would be happy at 129....just really want to say that i got into the 120's!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    http://canibecomemyownleadinglady.blogspot.com/2011/05/ill-let-these-pictures-do-talking.html

I am 5'5" ...these are my before/after but I am down another 10 lbs from the last pictures posted on there. I am currently 150 and am contemplating another 10 lbs. I have a muscular build and my body fat % is 26%
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    it really depends on how you look now. i'm 5'4" (179lbs) and my goal is 140-145. however i'll stop losing early if i don't like how i look smaller. it depends. personally i'm concerned about lookin like a prepubescent boy with boobs. i like my curves and don't want to lose ALL of them :-)

if you like the way your body looks now stay where you are.
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I don't think 125 would look normal on my frame. I'm aiming for 150. But I've been a fatty all my life, so different expectations and likely a different frame.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it really depends on how you look now. i'm 5'4" (179lbs) and my goal is 140-145. however i'll stop losing early if i don't like how i look smaller. it depends. personally i'm concerned about lookin like a prepubescent boy with boobs. i like my curves and don't want to lose ALL of them :-)

if you like the way your body looks now stay where you are.

You speak a lot of sense. I am probably guilty of wanting to get down to a "round number" (126lbs = 9 stone exactly) just for the sake of it rather than thinking about when I actually look my best. I need to see how I go over the next few lbs lost and stop when it looks right! I'm sure a lot of people do the same - 125lbs is a nice neat number too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!