are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am currently 220 and 40 years old. My goal is the weight I looked HOT at when I was in my 20's... 150! I had lost down to 138 to join the army, before they allowed body fat % to get in. I looked awful! If I can find the picture I will post it. I saw the photo a couple years ago at my moms house and asked what MALE cousin is that???!!! I had no boobs, my face was gaunt, you could have pushed me over with no effort. When I got to basic I put on 10 pounds quickly and looked good! Some curves, gauntness gone...

This all said, everyones body is different, what feels right, looks good and is maintainable is my goal... When I get there, I'll let you know!!!

Sonia
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Good to know there is such a range! I'm 5'4 (although most people think I'm taller) and I was starting to think that my original goal of 130lbs was not good enough based on things of seen posted. So I thought I should challenge myself and drop it to 125lbs. I was very thin most of my life and looked unhealthy (although I was very fit athletically as a competitive figure skater). Can't even count the # of times I got the "talk" about eating disorders from well-meaning individuals. I hovered around 115-120lbs, have a small build and was generally a size2. I gained 60 lbs with my first babe and when I got down to 130lbs, I got more compliments than I had ever had so I kind of feel that is right size for me. After 3 more kids, I'm at 137lbs, fitting 6's and feel like I'm looking pretty good. But most of the weight is still sitting around the mid-section. When I hit 130, I'll reassess and see if 125 is necessary. I think my husband prefers me more rounded and less-pokey!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my original goal weight was 140lbs. I did get down to 147lbs a little while ago but I let my weight creep up a little.

At 147 my mum told me not to lose any more weight, but I'd still like to see what I'd look like at 140... At 21 I weighed 132lbs and I looked fab then, but would probably look ill at that weight now!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    i am also 5'5". my goal weight is set for 125 BUT everyone carries their weight differently. you can see by peoples pictures here. at my heaviest i weighed 162 and im now at 139lbs. so these are somewhat older .

fatty.jpg
    fatty1.jpg
    buff3-2.jpg
    DR6.jpg

I noticed the beer can lol...I LOVE Carib! I wish I could get it here :tongue:
  • anijh
    anijh Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 5'5 3/4 and I currently weigh 125.5. I don't think it's an unreasonable/unhealthy weight if that's what you're trying to get to. My profile picture shows me at my current weight. My goal though is to go 115-120. I want to tone up.
  • broekjo
    broekjo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 but I have a large frame so I would look emaciated at 125. My current goal is 145-150 and I'll re-evaluate at that time. If I'm not happy with how I look when I get there I'll go another 10 and then evaluate again.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i am also 5'5". my goal weight is set for 125 BUT everyone carries their weight differently. you can see by peoples pictures here. at my heaviest i weighed 162 and im now at 139lbs. so these are somewhat older .

fatty.jpg
    fatty1.jpg
    buff3-2.jpg
    DR6.jpg

I noticed the beer can lol...I LOVE Carib! I wish I could get it here :tongue:

lol. not many people know what it is. i figured it looked like a soda haha. good ol jamaicans gave us a 12 pack because we were still partying at 5 in the morning here.
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I haven't read everyone's responses, so not sure if this has already been mentioned or said, but I think everyone carries weight so differently that 5'5" and 125 might look healthy on one person and too skinny on another. Depending on bone structure, muscle vs. fat weight, etc. Anyway, I am 5'5" 1/2 (gotta get that 1/2 inch in there!) and 125 looks too skinny on me. I weighed 130 at one time and loved how I looked, but wasn't eating enough and was kind of unhealthy trying to maintain that weight. ANYWAY, I wanted to share this web site because it's kind of cool. People of all different weights and heights have sent in their pics........ http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am currently 220 and 40 years old. My goal is the weight I looked HOT at when I was in my 20's... 150! I had lost down to 138 to join the army, before they allowed body fat % to get in. I looked awful! If I can find the picture I will post it. I saw the photo a couple years ago at my moms house and asked what MALE cousin is that???!!! I had no boobs, my face was gaunt, you could have pushed me over with no effort. When I got to basic I put on 10 pounds quickly and looked good! Some curves, gauntness gone...

This all said, everyones body is different, what feels right, looks good and is maintainable is my goal... When I get there, I'll let you know!!!

Sonia

I am also 40 and just got to 221 (30 pounds down) I first made my goal weight 150 because it sounded good and I knew that in my early 20's 140 looked good on me. Then my dr told me that 150 was perfect for me because I am a big boned woman. I am shooting for 150 then if I don't look bad am going to try for 125. However he thinks that at 140-125 I will look too skinny and very boney. We'll see... :)
    Great job!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In complete agreement with Ashley. :smile:

Not only does the same weight look different on different people, it will look different on YOU at different times in your life.

The self-timer on your camera is your best friend. Compare photos every few pounds. You might not see the changes in the mirror since it's a gradual thing, but as you approach your goal, each pound makes a bigger difference.

After I lost my first 12 pounds, taking me to about 148, I didn't think another 12 or so would be enough, and lowered my goal to 130, with 125 in the back of my head. As I got under 140, I realized that my initial goal of 135 was pretty dead on.

Right now, I'm still thinking 130 might be ok as a long term goal, but I'm happy with how I look. Wouldn't mind losing a little more fat and gaining a little more muscle. The number on the scale doesn't matter.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I am 5' 5 1/2" and my goal right now is 135, but I may decide to drop down to 125, I will have to see when I get to 135.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I could be 125 but then I would be anorexic! My frame is large and I am quite muscular. I am striving for 140lbs.
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goals are to find a happy place around 135. Ideally though, I would prefer to get somewhere around 18% body fat with a nice muscle base. =) I don't know how much I would weigh in that case.
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5 and my goal is 132ish. I've recently been thinking that I may want to go down as low as 128, but I'm not sure how I will look. I currently weigh 150 lbs which is the lowest I've ever been in my adult life. Everyone tells me that I look great, but I know that it's not my ideal weight for my body and just once, since I'm doing this for the rest of my life, do I want to know what if feels like to be at my ideal weight and not be the "fat girl" anymore:happy: . Everyone is different and I don't know if I'll get there, but I am determined!
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 136 on the dot. My doctor said that is the perfect healthy weight for my height, age, and body type. Who knows, when I get there, I may add lbs or deduct a few. :)
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my current weight is 157. That is a current pic in my profile pic. I like my curves and choose not to get too small, so my goal is 150. Once I get there, I will work on bf% instead of lbs.
  • abbyy182
    abbyy182 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm 5"5, and started at 154lbs after having my little boy, and am currently 141bs. I would like to be where I was before I started drinking, and then falling pregnant 2 years later, which was 133lbs. I think I looked ok, I would like to lose the weight then tone up before the end of the (British) summer. I'm glad everyone else at this height has a similar weight target, too ! :D
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and my goal is around 135. I would like 130 but I think 135 is more then reasonable. So I guess u will have to look at what is looks like on YOUR body and see. It will be diffrent for everyone.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I weigh 174. My ultimate goal weight is 145ish. Even when I was in high school, I weighed 130 and never wore smaller than a 11/12. I have heavy muscle mass and a big ol booty. I think I would look too thin at 125 but who knows? When I get to 145ish, and I think I need to lose more, then I'll reevaluate. Hell, at this point, I'm going to be ecstatic with 160! Good luck figuring it out!
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" but I have a big frame... so my goal is 140lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!