The motions worked!!

Options
I read a post a while ago about how to get through those workouts that you weren't really motivated for: it said just get up and go through the motions. (Apologies for forgetting who gave such sage advice) SOOOO, yesterday I did not want to get up and go for my morning run, AT ALL. But I got up, struggled into my workout clothes (sports bras are such a b!tch), laced up my shoes, set the ipod and got out the door.

Slow to start, never really fast, but before I knew it my four mile loop was done. I did it! Truly not my fastest time, but I still did the miles. I felt great AND because I didn't crap out yesterday, my run for today was FUN! And it was a full 8 minutes faster today.

So, going through the motions works. It wasn't pretty, but I didn't give up.

THANKS to everyone and anyone who believes and talks about "going through the motions" because it sure helped me!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I really didnt want to go for my run yesterday either, but my boyfriend told me to go anyway and afterwards i felt soo much better! I had lots more energy then i had before i went, and felt so much better. And i did improve on the time i did before, not by much but it went better then last week :D

Going through the motions is definately worth it!
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 79
    Options
    Great job and great advice! There are a LOT of days when the hardest part of the workout is putting on the sports bra and tennis shoes. Just DO IT! :)