The new me!!! down 115lbs in 7mths

Options
AwesomeSauce4
AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
Hello MFP Buddies.....

My Name is Rachel and I am 33yrs old.. I started my weightloss Journey back in November of 2010.. I was a whopping 312lbs and as of this pass Saturday I weighed in at 195lbs.. I was a sz 28 and On Sunday I put on a sz 14 and it was comfortable plus a lil loose..:wink:
So I am a happy girl!!!!

Obviously, I am physically different from the way I was, but I am emotionally different too. Physically, I can exercise for hours, I can run, clothes fit me, I have muscles, I am strong. But I think the bigger changes, for me, have been the emotional ones.

I believe in myself more than I ever have before. I have a greater sense of self-worth; I put myself first often; I am able to make decisions and follow through with them even if it hurts or is scary; and I’ve learned that change can be a good thing and an opportunity to grow. One of the most rewarding changes has been that I've gained people in my life whom I consider invaluable, and whose paths most likely would never have crossed my own had I not made the decision to change my life(( which is alot of my MFP Buddies)). My journey will never be over — this was a lifestyle change for me. I am currently 30-40 pounds from my goal weight, and I have no doubt I will reach the finish line!

"Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself — and more than anything." ((One of my favorite quotes))

I love that for the first time in my life, I believe in myself, feel I am worth something in this world, and know I can do and have anything I want. I am strong… The next step is always mine to take.

Thanks For everyone's continueing support!!! MFP Rocks!!!!

By chance if we are not friends, please feel free to add me and I will promise to support you along the journey for a healthier US:wink:

Your Friend,
~Rachel~

Replies

• thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    Wow...you rock! I am just restarting.... I weigh 308 and I'm 118 from my goal. I'd love for you to be my MFP friend!
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You inspire me.

Kris
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Nice work!
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow I admire you tenacity! keep up the great work....:flowerforyou:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great job. You are an inspiration to others.
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, I feel so daunted when I look at journey of 94 lbs! How great your attitude is! Thanks for the inspiring post.:smile:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You are so positive, so encouraging, and so courageous! So many people would be afraid to make that first step to losing that much weight, and decide that this is just how they're meant to be. But you are amazing... you took that first step (and many more after it) and are now a changed person! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey :-) It has been a very inspiring one!
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    WOW what an inspiration you are! Congrats and If you did this in 7 months Im sure you'll reach your goal weight in no time ;) Keep on doing what you're doing! :)
  • fbaldwin
    fbaldwin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Wow! what an amazing success story!! very inspirational. Way to stick with it! Would love to have someone as dedicated and motivated as you as my friend! Keep it up girl!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! :D
  • yomarir
    yomarir Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing... Ok, I'm motivated!!! :smile:
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    Excellent post! You are a inspiration to us all, keep up the great work :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. YOu look completely different. I love the new mind set and attitude. :) Awesome work.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Teach me your ways!!! I need to lose 105 to meet my goal weight, and I've just started. What did you do to lose so fast?