Cabbage Soup Diet

Options
Hey, ive just started the cabbage soup diet today and im finding it worryingly easy!
Has anyone else tried the diet??
Did it work??

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ut oh...you're definitely gonna get some responses to this. Not sure if it's what you're going to be looking for, though.
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    :/ really? take it it was a bad move then?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    lol i did it about 12 years ago. I couldnt eat the stuff after the 3rd day the soup becomes nasty. I dropped about 7lbs water weight, gained about 10 or so back.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well your body isn't made to live on soup, now is it? :smile:

The weight comes right back soon as you stop, sorry to say.
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've never done it. I don't like cabbage or maybe I would have!

But you may get lots of posts telling you how unhealthy it is. Just a warning! :) But do what you want!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight eating cabbage soup because it's low calorie and for no other reason. If you don't train yourself to maintain healthy eating habits and making smart decisions then you'll just gain all the weight back once you start eating "normal" again.

Most people here don't advocate "diets" so much as "life style changes". If you eat in a healthy manner that you can maintain for the rest of your life you will be healthy for the rest of your life. Unless you want to eat cabbage soup forever - then more power to ya!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump...this is going to be an interesting read later.
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Im really impatient though, if i dont seen results straight away i give up!
    I love fruit and vegetables though so it seemed like a reasonable diet to try which gives quick results.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    are you on the new version?
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years back and had the same experience as those mentioned above. I then RE-tried it... and the smell of the soup triggered some sort of memory in my body b/c it was like "aww h3ll no!".

:) Same goes for the lemonaide diet, etc. There are healthier ways to lose weight quickly (and permanently). Have you thought of going low carb or paleo??
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Yeah im trying it so i will lose some weight which might motivate me to stick to healthy eating in order to keep the pounds off, ive tried to many times but i keep failing and giving in to my sweet tooth :(
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    i have tried this diet before
    result are fast
    watch out for kidney stone :)
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Yes its the new version
  • joreddaway
    Options
    Worse move EVER. Fad diets may work in the long run, and give you a boost if you have a lot to lose, but they are ultimately a terrible idea. i did one once, went so skinny it was scary, i looked and felt awful, then when i ate normally i put more back on. our bodies dont deserve to be treated this badly, we only get one so should treat it with respect. if you are serious about weight loss and getting healthy, try following a low fat, low calorie balanced diet and combine it with whatever physical activity you can manage, anything will help. a good place to look for healthy eating tips is closerdiets.co.uk. but the idea is your calories out should be greater than calories in, and you can use this site to help you calculate. dont look for a quick fix, but for a life style change that will lead to a happier and healthier you, with the body you deserve!!! good luck, and whatever you do, dont fall into the crappy fad diet trap. STAY ON THAT WAGON!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Oh you know you can go out drinking with your friends right?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's meant to kick start you into a healthy diet, I do believe that it's a weight watchers starter thing that they STOPPED using because it's not good for you long term, and people were using it long term.
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    patience is so necessary. With healthy eating and exercise you will see results, just not immediately. The only result you will see on this diet, is on the scale. And its just water weight.
  • Nini_Soto_
    Nini_Soto_ Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you tried the Fat Smash Diet? I think this would be easier to do. The first phase is a detox and gives great results. It is healthier and easier to keep doing. (I think anyway). Let me know if you are interested and I'll email you the first phase.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A bunch of ladies I worked with 15 years ago all did that diet. Every single one of them put the weight back on as soon as they stopped, and most of them didn't last long on it. I'm sure they jumped on some other "lose weight quick" scheme soon after.

While I understand the desire to lose the weight quickly, all you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment and failure and eventually a blow to your self esteem because you've "failed" at another diet. Give MFP a try. I mean, really give it a try. No one says you can't eat sweets while you're meeting your calorie goals. I had angel food cake and an ice cream bar yesterday and lost a few ounces from yesterday morning because I was still under my goal. It really does work if you stick with it.