This Could Help All of Us :-)

Options
124»

Replies

• kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Advocare Meal Replacement Shake in chocolate & Advocare Spark Energy Drink in fruit punch= yummy, filling, & full of protein & vitamins.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 nectarine
    1 slice of double fiber bread (Schwebels)
    1 scoop of whey protein
    3/4 cup skim milk

approx 300 calories
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    1 serving slow-cook Oatmeal - plain
    1 tablespoon Adam's Natural Chunky PB
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1 packet Stevia - which I will skip next time because I don't like fake sugar.
    1 cup coffee w/ 2 TBSP Fat Free Half and Half.

I was satisfied until lunch, which isn't the norm. It was nice to finally eat something other than eggs after completing Phase 1 of South Beach. Oatmeal is the only grain I am allowing myself this week though, because I want to reintroduce grains slowly. I binge on grain-heavy foods, so I am trying to retrain my brain!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i had some honey bunches of oats and an orange.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake
    1 cup skim milk
    3/4 cup blueberries
    2 scoops NSI Vanilla Whey Protein
    1 Tbsp Sugar Free Cheesecake Instant Pudding Powder
    1 Graham Cracker
    Ice

Yummy Goodness! (327 calories)

mmmm sounds delish! I'm gonna look for the cheesecake pudding powder!
    im not really a big fan of shakes but that sounds really good
  • junthree
    junthree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    8 ounces of coffee with 4 tsps creamer, made over the weekend, stored in the fridge and poured over ice this morning (better than McDonald's Iceed Coffee, cheaper, and faster)
    1 egg, cooked like an omlet but nothing in it, folded to fit on one piece of whole wheat bread, cut bread/egg in half and wrap around two pre-cooked turkey sausage links
    326 calories
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    These are my typical breakfasts:

I make a Greek omelet that is to die for... I use sliced black olives and slice kalamata olives, mix them with chopped cucumber and some mixed herb seasoning, garlic salt, and usually some extra oregano. Then, I saute baby spinach in a pan with a little bit of the kalamata oil from the container, sprinkled with garlic salt, and then once it has wilted, add the scrambled egg to it. Cook it, flip it, and then push it to the side and add one ounce of light feta cheese until it melts- then put it on the inside of the egg, fold it over, and top with the cucumber/olive mixture (I suppose you could put it inside, but I make so much of it, and use only one egg, that it makes more sense to put it on top, LOL). OMG it is so good.

I also will make egg skillets instead of omelets... I'll saute whatever veggies I have (usually mushroom, zucchini, onion, spinach), add the egg, but instead of letting it cook in one piece, I scramble it around with the veggies using the spatula so it all gets interspersed. I usually add some protein too- piece of ham cut up, or Trader Joe's beef or turkey bacon (cooked first, obviously), and then the feta at the end, letting it melt and all that. It ends up being pretty darn good! I'll use some seasoning on that too- whatever I'm in the mood for. Yesterday, I used zucchini, red onion, beef bacon, and the egg (no cheese) with a little bit of garlic salt and Chinese Five Spice... it was a pretty good combo with the beef bacon, actually! Normally, I stick with the more traditional Italian seasonings though (garlic salt/powder, mixed herbs).

This morning, I did something a little different. Trader Joe's beef bacon, fried an egg, melted some swiss on top of it, and put all of that on top of a piece of whole wheat toast "buttered" with bbq sauce, like an open-faced breakfast sandwich. It ended being pretty incredible, although a bit higher in cals/fat than I usually eat for breakfast, but so worth it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My standard brekky: fruit salad (at the moment it's apple, mandarin, kiwi and plum because that's what's in season here) with 100g reduced fat natural yoghurt and 1/3 cup muesli.
    About 280 cals and very filling.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Eggwhites, peppers & onions with Gimme lean sausage.. then some Hot Sauce.. eggs really keep me full until lunch...

or eggwhites with green onions and turkey sausage... also use morningstar sausage patties sometimes..

with coffee of course!!!
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    3/4 cup egg whites on an orowheat multigrain fill'em.
    A mocha containing 3 shots espresso, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1 tablespoon each of sugar free chocolate and english toffee syrup.