MEN!!What do you consider a BOOTY CALL.

Options
LittleBuddy13
LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
Can you be friends with benifits for a whole year? Is this considered a booty call? I mean hes my really good friend we dont just meet in a parking lot when we get the urge, its cool we hang out go to eachothers sons b-day parties, know eachothers family members, work together, watch movies, talk about normal stuff not just sex like booty calls usually do, go out to the clubs together and what not. So its been a year now this has been going on and neither one has ever mentioned anything about a relationship to eachother, we just been going with the flow and having fun together. BUT Im curious from a guys point of view, what is this? I mean u can tell we both have feeling for eachother but I been getting the feeling that this will not go no where because its been a whole year of this already, Im not one to rush things at all but just curious why a guy would stick around with me so long but never want anything more especially if we get along so well, no clingyness, we give eachother space its all good??? But lately I been feeling weird, I guess cuz its been so long Im bound to grow feeling to want more with someone. Is he just sticking around because he knows he can get away with having me with no strings attached or is he just scared hmmm...just curious to hear a mans point of view if you guys have ever been in a situation like this? I guess women can answer too :)

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    interesting..cant wait to read guy's responses
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Booty call and friends with benefits is almost the same thing........................with a friends with benefits you can go out on dates etc and BOTh know there wont be anything serious or any strings attached! For a whole year why not............

Booty call is just someone along the way you bang for a bit.......weeks usually.....till next booty call comes along
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    what does he say it is?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Can you be friends with benifits for a whole year? Is this considered a booty call? I mean hes my really good friend we dont just meet in a parking lot when we get the urge, its cool we hang out go to eachothers sons b-day parties, know eachothers family members, work together, watch movies, talk about normal stuff not just sex like booty calls usually do, go out to the clubs together and what not. So its been a year now this has been going on and neither one has ever mentioned anything about a relationship to eachother, we just been going with the flow and having fun together. BUT Im curious from a guys point of view, what is this? I mean u can tell we both have feeling for eachother but I been getting the feeling that this will not go no where because its been a whole year of this already, Im not one to rush things at all but just curious why a guy would stick around with me so long but never want anything more especially if we get along so well, no clingyness, we give eachother space its all good??? But lately I been feeling weird, I guess cuz its been so long Im bound to grow feeling to want more with someone. Is he just sticking around because he knows he can get away with having me with no strings attached or is he just scared hmmm...just curious to hear a mans point of view if you guys have ever been in a situation like this? I guess women can answer too :)

All joking aside, friends with benefits with the right person is a great relationship if you can stay focused on what's going on. If you're friends that can just have great sex while keeping the emotional attachement out of it, it's pretty good. Had one for about five-months. I had a friend like that. We were good friends prior to that, during, and although we've stopped we're still good friends and there's no awkwardness.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Booty Call-Girl you know that you toss one into at random aka FitFrenchGirl

FWB-Exactly as stated, someone you are friends with that you like but are not either mentally ready or THAT interested in to take it beyond the physical level aka Becks1030 & Paintmelucky
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I really wanna know lol
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Uh, you're in a relationship.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Booty call: *Phone rings* Hey come over, lets' hang out (both knowing it means sex).

Start banging. Finish banging. Ok time to go.

Friend with benefits" Hey wanna go out? Catch a movie? Stay the night?

Start banging, finish banging, maybe hang out some more or spend the night for real.

Difference? You actually hang out and enjoy each other's company, but bang as well. Booty call is just come, get me off, get out.
  • inchik
    inchik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    go with the flow. why ruin a good thing?
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I think what you want to here is this...

He may be intimidated by the thought of relationships at the moment (I don't know his past as well as you would) so maybe he doesn't want to jump into anything. However, it's been a year so he certainly enjoys spending time with you; so maybe he is afraid that you don't want to commit yourself to anything and enjoy what you two have going on.

I think that you should get past the fear of ruining something good and simply confront the issue. Unlike women, us guys are very direct and are terrible at playing "games." Which is why guys are so blatantly upfront all the time about pretty much everything.

Did I get it right?
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    What you have here is a relationship with out the commitment of a "relationship". A booty call, friends with benefits if you will, is hooking up on occasion, but not much more then that. You have way more then just sex, it is more of an intimate relationship with hanging out, talking and all that, no long a BC or FWB, in my honest opinion.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    BUT Im curious from a guys point of view, what is this?
    mutually excellent \m/
    all joking aside.......I get the impression at least one of you wants more but is not willing to bring it up or talk it out.....so yeah friends with benefits is what fits the description
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Your in a relationship.

If you phoned him, and he told you he was busy and that "Lisa" was coming over tonight.
    How would you feel and would you want to go over to his house the next night to hang out ?

If you went out with a guy friend and he slept over at your place, and your guy friend knows.
    Would he be mad?
    BUT Im curious from a guys point of view, what is this? I mean u can tell we both have feeling for eachother but I been getting the feeling that this will not go no where because its been a whole year of this already, Im not one to rush things at all but just curious why a guy would stick around with me so long but never want anything more especially if we get along so well, no clingyness, we give eachother space its all good???

Perhaps he's waiting for you to get serious.
    Guys will have friends with benefits until you decide that he's a great guy and a keeper.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hummm id like to know as well..
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Uh, you're in a relationship.
    I don't think this is a relationship, if it were you'd know. There's no commitment here. I agree with the guys here, Friends with Benefits. It's up to you if you're okay with the status quo or if you want more. Sounds like a good set up for him, but if you want to take it further, he may not want the same thing.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    A booty call, friends with benefits if you will, is hooking up on occasion, but not much more then that. You have way more then just sex, it is more of an intimate relationship with hanging out, talking and all that, no long a BC or FWB, in my honest opinion.

There is a difference between "booty call" and "fwb".

I think they are at the fwb terms at the moment. Booty call, they wouldn't be hanging out when they are not having sex. FWB can be a great friend who you spend a lot of time with as friends but occasionally or regularly do the deed with.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!!! im in the SAME situation right now! it will be a year next month. curious to see more responses.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I say it's either 2 things:

He's scared of an official committment

OR

Obviously, he's into you some but is waiting for something "better" to come along.

Those would be my 2 guesses!!
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OMG! I know someone who has a similar situation, but it's been going on for almost 9 years!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Booty call: *Phone rings* Hey come over, lets' hang out (both knowing it means sex).

Start banging. Finish banging. Ok time to go.

Friend with benefits" Hey wanna go out? Catch a movie? Stay the night?

Start banging, finish banging, maybe hang out some more or spend the night for real.

Difference? You actually hang out and enjoy each other's company, but bang as well. Booty call is just come, get me off, get out.
    This...