1200 Calorie Diet Friends Needed!

Options
I am on a 1200/per day goal diet and I could use some tips. I am a big snacker. I have managed to make this diet work for me for a long time now, with a cheat day (or weekend) here and there, but as someone who absolutely LOVES TO EAT, it can be very trying sometimes.

Is anyone else on a 1200 calorie diet who would be willing to share tips with me?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and am a huge snacker as well! Fruits, veggies, hummus...all your friends!
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    Options
    The thing that saves me? WATER it temporarily fills me up to get past the thought that I am hungry when i'm actually not and VEGGIES! I eat them with every meal. Little calories and very filling in my opinion.
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear some tips! I really struggle to stay at or below 1200...I usually end up eating 1300-1400 and then trying to compensate with exercise. I LOVE good food and am married to a total foodie, so it can be tough! Feel free to add me if you would like. I don't have a lot of tips yet, but hopefully some day I'll be a pro :)
  • jfmastrangelo
    Options
    I often eat apples - they are low in calories (70-90) and take a lot of work to eat. Also instead of snacking, go for a walk around the block, sometimes after 15 minutes the hunger passes and you've burned a few extra calories instead. Good luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet too.
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello !!!
    Same thing here !! =)

For breakfast, i put half a scoop of protein in my yogourt (silhouette or source) and I add strawberries.
    That makes me full for a while! Major difference when I add protein.
    Also, it tastes like pudding! miam! lol

For supper, try that :
    The shirataki noodles (yam noodles) I buy them on lowcarbcanada.

I cook little pieces of chicken, then I mix it with vegetables and I add the noodles with soya sauce and red hot...

The noodles are 0 calories, 0 fat ! Theyre made with roots of plants =)

It makes a delicious stir fry!! :)
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Berries were my salvation. I love them, and I am constantly munching on them. Thankfully they're now in season and much cheaper too...woo! Also those laughing cow wedges that are 35 calories a piece are great on some crackers. The chipoltle and blue cheese flavors are my favorites!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters.
    Water fills you up like crazy.
    Veggies are low in calories and filling sometimes.
    Fruit.
    All those things. And fruits are super good. :D
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also am on 1200 cals/day, and was so excited to find out when I logged the very first time that I earn extra calories for exercise. So, if you are NOT eating your exercise calories, DO! You earned them! Honestly, I am so food driven, that some days the only reason I exercise is so I can eat more:laugh:
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 diet for 4 months with some cheat days as well. I have limited liquid intake to only water and tea, so I can save the calories to food and snack. Another tip I have learned is to allocate more calories to whole grain, veggie, and fruit. Also boiled egg is good choice with low calorie and fulfilling satisfaction.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    sent a friend request. I eat a lot of fruits and rice cakes. I go after the exercise because I love to eat!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of vegetables

Eat every 2 or 3 hours (Try to spread calories evenly for each of those mini meals so not one 600 calories and the others 100. If they are all around 200, some a little less, some a little more then it seems to curb my hunger better. I eat about 8, 10, 12, 2, 5, 7)

Eat some protein with each of those mini meals

Most important one: plan ahead! This seems to be the one that gets me most of the time. If I don't have some options for mini-meals/snacks I am more susceptible to break room junk.
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    I;ve been recommended 1200 cals :)

My diary is open, feel free to have a peep or message me or add me!
  • dswizzles
    dswizzles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also am on 1200 cals/day, and was so excited to find out when I logged the very first time that I earn extra calories for exercise. So, if you are NOT eating your exercise calories, DO! You earned them! Honestly, I am so food driven, that some days the only reason I exercise is so I can eat more:laugh:

I know!!! I love that because I don't have to be super careful with dinner, but I can still eat healthy, ya know? Water helps me out soooo much! I think I need to snack more though.
  • beesgrl03
    beesgrl03 Posts: 1
    Options
    celery :) burn more than they are worth... as well as gum (sugar free) give that a try sometimes a little flavor helps subsite hunger :)
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also looking for 1,200 friends! I'm a vegetarian if that doesn't bother you all :)
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started at 1200 my best friend was working out. Walking, hiking, biking, going to the gym. Anything that would help me burn calories to gain calories. You eat 1200 calories and burn 500 you now have a 1700 calorie day!
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do best when I cut as many starchy carbs as possible. any kind of processed carb just makes me hungry and crave more! So now I focus on protein, veggies, and healthy fats. I think my diary is public...feel free to check.
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that helps me is to choose foods with strong flavors, textures, etc. I will use 2 tsp of parmesan cheese on my salad for only 20 calories but it has such a strong flavor that I feel satisfied. Or I will use sunflower seeds on my salad instead of croutons because I still get that salty crunch but with a much higher nutritional value than croutons. I will eat smoked almonds instead of regular ones. That sort of thing. Once I started incorporating ingredients into my meals that packed stronger taste and texture punches, I didn't feel like I was left wanting and it has made the 1200 cal day alot easier. Also, I think that part of being on the 1200 cal day is that it is supposed to motivate you to work out so that you can have an extra 200 calories (or whatever you burn) to eat that day.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I exercise and eat more. My daily calorie goal is 1200 but exercise 1,000 calories plus and on days when I need to I eat more I do.