1200 Calorie Diet Friends Needed!

Options

Replies

• NLyter
    NLyter Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie Diet and have the same issue. I just had a baby 3 months ago and I still want to eat like I am pregnant. I am trying to exercise as much as I can to compensate but I dont always find the time. My biggest downfall is my coffee with creamer in the morning - I need my caffeine but cant drink it black :(
  • vibasol
    vibasol Posts: 3
    Options
    I am :-) And I just started today... Managed to go thru the day, yet got 1040 kcal...but feel very hungry at this moment! Gonna have a homemade smoothie without any sugar.

I try to tone down from all the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes and porksmeat...But I eat alot of everything else. Fiber-bread, low-karb energy drinks ALOT of water, fruits, veggies, salads (with EVERYTHING)

Hugs. V. in Norway!!!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello...... I am on a 1200 cal a day diet as well. Have been for 4 months now.

Here are some tips I figured out along the way:

1. Logging your exercises gives you additional calories for the day to eat. Make sure your NET is close to OR at 1200.

2. Drink plenty of water.

3. Drinking 1 cup of coffee a day is fine.... the caffeine in it is actually a diueratic and natural sodium reducer.... basically it helps reduce water retention.

4. Keep track of your calories, sodium, carbs, and protein the most... the rest are just extras... in my opnion. Make sure to keep you sodium as low as you can, eat more protein than allotted and do not go over on your calories. As for the carbs... try not to eat all of your alotted carbs for the day and eat them early. Do not eat them later than 6pm.

5. Try not to eat later than 7pm either.

6. Weigh your self in the morning, AFTER you wake up and use the bathroom. Best time as gravity hasn't had a chance to fully force itself on you and there's little food in your digestive tract.

7. Keep switching up your workout routine. Don't do a cycle it will help keep you from getting into a plateau for too long.

Hope this helps.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello !!!
    Same thing here !! =)

For breakfast, i put half a scoop of protein in my yogourt (silhouette or source) and I add strawberries.
    That makes me full for a while! Major difference when I add protein.
    Also, it tastes like pudding! miam! lol

For supper, try that :
    The shirataki noodles (yam noodles) I buy them on lowcarbcanada.

I cook little pieces of chicken, then I mix it with vegetables and I add the noodles with soya sauce and red hot...

The noodles are 0 calories, 0 fat ! Theyre made with roots of plants =)

It makes a delicious stir fry!! :)

shirataki noodles
    I tried preparing them once it was a horrible mess, i didnt eat them they ended up in the trash
    id like to give them another try, any tips?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my newest savior is Panera Bread (who would have thought!?!) look at my lunches the last two days, incredible! (and they have vegeterian soups)
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I m 1200 cal goal. Same height as you are!
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi!!! I am on 1200 cals a day (it says 1530 but it changed after I realised I had put my weight in wrong! However, I try to stick to 1200!) Before I went on this site I was the biggest PIG going. I would eat three large meals a day, finish my kids leftovers and snack all day long!! But I have gradually got used to working out what calories were in certain foods and worked it out that way, even having chocolate or crisps if i wanted. I also had the odd snack that I didnt add to my food diary and still lost weight! In 5 weeks I have lost (at least) 13 pounds and i reckon my stomach has shrunk cos i just dont look to snack. Try having smaller but more meals a day...that works for some and drink lots of water and keep busy! I find that if im busy I dont think about food as much. You can do it and eventually you wont want to snack as much. Try foods like porridge in the morning so it will keep you fuller for longer. You can do it!!! Good luck xxxx
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the tip! That sounds like an awesome find.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Question, do any of you on the 1200 cal diet exercise during the days? If so, how many calories do you burn... and do you eat calories back?????

I'm torn.
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1200 is my calorie goal also, add me if you would like!!
  • chibiyumi
    chibiyumi Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 calories diet too.

I like to have plain oatmeals for breakfast to fulfill my hunger.
    These days i like to have instant Konnyaku noodles for lunch, it's only 12 calories per pack. Sometimes with soup if i'm really hungry that day. Or else i will make a cucumber, bell pepper, tomato salad with tuna.
    Dinner i like to have boiled vegetables with either half chicken breast or a piece of white fish.
    I'm a major snacker too, nuts, fruits and snack seaweed (the kind with 0 calories) are my favorite :)
  • ptheders
    Options
    I was actually raised vegetarian! I eat meat these days, but I would love to have a veggie friend :) I find vegetarian diets can actually be even harder to keep low-cal because things like starches (potatoes, pasta, rice) and legumes can be so high in calories despite being healthy!

Can't wait to hear your tips.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Question, do any of you on the 1200 cal diet exercise during the days? If so, how many calories do you burn... and do you eat calories back?????

I'm torn.

I do exercise during the day and depending on the day I burn anywhere from 330-600 cal and I do eat back most of it. That's because if I don't my NET cal eaten for the day do not get close to or equal to 1200. Hope that helps. Add me as a friend and you can view my diary so you can get an idea.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I love the laughing cow wedges! They are an awesome easy snack. I'm on 1200 a day too. In the summer it's easy for me to stick too because I'm outside with the kids a lot and heat makes me not hungry. But in the winter I'm hungry all of the time and I love to cook so that doesn't help much.
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also on a 1200 cal/day intake. Some days I do good, some I don't. I really try to drink water though. I find when I do it makes me full. A few snacks I use are a small bowl of cereal and yogurt. And if I only have those available when Im at work either I eat them or I go hungry. This is especially helpful if they don't sound appetizing because then I just don't eat! Or if I do, they really don't add too many calories. I also try to walk on my breaks instead of snacking. It keeps my mind occupied instead of thinking about food and I feel so much better when I sit back down vs eating.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm sending a friend request so you can look at my diary. I love to snack, and I don't mean fruits and veggies! What helps me the most is measuring cups and spoons. I take the serving size of cereal, will actually count chips, crackers, almonds, etc. It can get a bit tedious but I do it because I don't like to deny myself. I eat candy and ice cream too.
  • ptheders
    Options
    I use sugar-free coffee mate in my coffee. It has artificial sweetners, which aren't great, but it cuts the calories in half!
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on the 100 calorie packs .... helps if I want something sweet or salty ....I also have like the tlc bars .... I like my snacks to be at about 100 calim ories ...so the calorie packs work ... I am also on a 1200 calorie a day lifestyle
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This works for me:

I eat 5-6 times a day
    I try to have protein at each meal (lean meat, cottage cheese, almonds, hard boiled egg or egg whites, almond butter, whey protein - etc)
    Plenty of water
    In the evening I like a cup of hot tea ( green or herbal)

Feel free to look at my diary for ideas and friend me - ( not always perfect - but I try)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I’m also at 1200 a day. I actually log what I eat before I eat it so I know how much of my daily intake will affected. That usually deters me away from snacks. If not, I log in the amount of snack I want and I separate it out. Then I take the bag of chips, chocolate or whatever and put it away. Out sight out of mine, hopefully. Try to go into another room or just don’t buy it! If you do have it around the house chances are you won’t be as tempted. Good luck!