Water - how much do you drink?

Options
How much water do you drink in a day? Do you try to drink half your weight in water? And do you "add" anything to it to help you drink your water? If so what do you add?

Replies

• anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    That is what I try to stick too. Too much water isn't great for you either. I add juice from a fresh squeezed lemon and sometimes I add this new stuff I got in the store called Mio it is a no calorie flavor to make regular water flavored. But I only use that as a treat everyonce in awhile
  • valerieheat
    Options
    I average 13 eight ounce servings. My trainer said to drink a gallon which would be 16 eight ounce servings. I usually drink it plain unless I make green tea with honey.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Frequently 3 water bottles worth so about 12 8-ounce glasses or so....
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty during the day. I pay extra special attention to after workouts and during, however, I don't measure the water intake. I won't drink for the hell of it or to meet a certain quota. And this seems to work for me because my pee is always the right color. :)

Edit: I usually drink it plain. If I'm at a restaurant, I add a little lemon to it. I like it.
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I drink about 5 or 6 glasses a day. I just add ice. I think it's easier for me to drink water in the summer when it's hot. Other times of the year I struggle with it ... then I'm adding crystal lite or something similar. I also make slushies with crystal lite, water and ice ...
  • blockhead922
    Options
    Yup. I drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds I weigh. Then I add a cup for every 10 minutes of vigorous exercise... I love water :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I drink two 32 oz water bottles a day. Generally I drink it plain.. I got some lemons on the counter, so those may be getting chopped fairly shortly and thrown in my bottle tomorrow.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Sad to say I average about 24 oz a day -I'm doing good if I manage to drink 32oz a day. It is advisable to drink more - but I don't. When I do drink water it's plain - with ice.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    Deer Park makes a sparkling water that has no sweeteners (natural or artificial) but still tastes fantastic. The orange and berry flavors are the best IMO. Crystal Light is a godsend too. Fruit punch rocks. I can normally get 12 cups of water a day. Some days more when I'm working out in the heat.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    i drink 48oz a day
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today I think I finally hit half my weight in water...drank 128 oz, and I'm just about 250, so that does it. But that's a lot for me. I've been trying to get at least 100 oz a day and I do pretty well with that.
  • dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    I don't know how much I drink. I only drink water when I'm thirsty or when I'm at the gym. I really don't aim for a total I care more about the color of my pee. As long as it is clear I'm doing good. I drink it with crystal lite or just plan.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I drink between 8-13 cups a day. Sometimes I add MIO water enhancer. It has no calories or sugar & is awesome! They have like 4 or 5 flavors. I've not tried them all but of the ones I've tried, I like the strawberry/watermellon the best.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I drink a couple cups of coffee in the morning. When I get to work, I drink a 12oz water (chug it). When I have to pee, I drink another 12 oz water, and just recycle and repeat throughout the day. I drink a lot of coffee, so I've started drinking a 12oz water when I get up to get another coffee.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I typically drink between 2 and 3 liters everyday. Sometimes I add a crystal light packet, but mostly I just keep plain tap water in a 1L bottle in the fridge so its super cold.
  • jshbryan
    jshbryan Posts: 29
    Options
    I drink it plain. I am drinking about a gallon and a half. Its all I drink all day and all night other than maybe once a week drinking a cup of skim milk.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yup. I drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds I weigh. Then I add a cup for every 10 minutes of vigorous exercise... I love water :)

Cool. I've also heard before that for ever 15 pounds, you are suppose to drink 1 cup of water. For instance, if someone weighed 120 pounds, they would need to drink 8 cups of water a day. I don't know how true this is, but it seems pretty accuate to me.
  • Marilyn2loose
    Options
    8 - 10 cups minimum. Sometimes I add lemon and/or lime slices for a refreshing twist.:laugh:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Funny i have always drank over a gallon a day, since loseing weight ,exercising
    and no longer having to take ANY diabeties medicine !!! I have a hard time drinking
    anywhere near that amount. It is still my main drink (i dont drink pop at all) weird huh?
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I drink a case of 24 in a week and go through at least 4 cases in a month!