How old is too old to wear...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. I can be appropriate when I'm dead!

I like that. I am short and I wear my short skirts and I am 54. I wear them because they are cool and I like them. I figured as the many tons of likes and dislikes of people that are all around. I most likely will not even be noticed. I feel if someone does not like it, then heavens sake don't look....
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want to wear and what you feel good in! We all live one life and it should be as happy as possible! Usually the ones that raise hackles are a. jealous or b. holier than thou. Have fun, go buy them and rock 'em out!!!
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    where what you want as long as its the right place and lookks good. I wouldnt wear them to a PTA lol. everyone willhave their own opinion no matter what you wear. Some people will find bad things to say even about the classiest or sexiest or most conservative outfits. To each his own. wear what compliments you and forget everything else
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think there is an age. Some older ladies with great bodies can ppull it off. Some older woman with great bodies can't and look like old woman trying to be young. It really depends on the person.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    where what you are comfortable in.
    I'm pretty sure we can all agree you look absolutely stunning. Your hard work has paid off and is paying off. Great job and like most have said, if you want to rock them go for it, if you don't feel comfortable then spend the cash on a sexy little summer dress :)

I can't picture myself in shorts (besides bermuda or my running ones) because I don't like how my thighs look. But hey, that's me.

The world won't stop turning because some 35 year old is wearing daisy duke shorts... do what your heart desires and if people talk, i'm sure they are going to say WOW, she looks great. She's so fit and must work hard for it.

All in all, you can rock them and rock them proudly :smile:
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Steph,
    I would not be one to complain seeing you walking away in those..And most red-blooded men probably would agree with me. But, in all seriousness - it is all about how you feel wearing those...If you feel good, that's all that matters.

PS: I expect a picture now.
    LOL
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you can fit into The Express cloths then wear them. And who is really talking about the hot 60 something that wears the girlie clothes. Are they the 60 somethings that getting old is a fact of life and go gray naturally, cut off all there hair, and shop in the golf/tennis/sailing wear section of the store. For the last 7 years I have not been able to fit into anything under a 14 and I can't wait to shop in Charlotte Rue again.
    If I looked anywhere close to what you looked like my husband would be a very tired man.
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    If I looked like you I swear I would run stark naked through a country club!!! Live it up, you deserve this!!!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I think anything would look good on you, you have a very sexy body... Good job!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your sweet compliments, comments and suggestions! I found a compromise! I got these from Old Navy... not quite as short but the same stye... and I like the fringed ends too. I think they are long enough for me not to worry :wink:

Excuse the crappy IPhone pictures!
    5865138324_e297d9b736.jpg
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Btw these are the shorts : http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=68348&vid=1&pid=839299&scid=839299002
    They look much shorter in the picture than they actually are when you put them on. I got them just a tad big and wear them lower on my hips...
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Nice! I think you found the perfect shorts, and you're rocking them :)

Quite sad that i've only got 2 years of mini-skirt- wearing left...yeah right, i'll wear them for as long as I can get away with it!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    looking fab :)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing enough body to pretty much wear anything. And honestly try not to worry to much what other people think. If they don't like what your wearing that's their own problem, not yours.

Wear what you like, what makes you feel happy.

I know I'd be pretty damn boring if I took it to heart every time somebody called me a freak just because I happened to be dressed differently.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    you look great! i'm so happy you found something you are really comfortable in.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Good choice. Nice frayed detail at the hem as well.

I think you could have afforded to have gone a little tighter (as opposed to shorter) and they would still have looked great. Having said that I am a man and we are known to be a bit blind when it comes to clothing...
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    ohhhh hot damn. crushin' ;)

they look super sweet, lovely!!!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Steph, you look good and I bet you feel good and that is what matters.

Good job