bump
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks! will try!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Another great replacement could be using PB2 instead of peanut butter to cut on the fat and not the protein, or using a hybrid: so almond and peanut butter, or sunflower and almond butter instead of just peanut butter!

Ooh, I'll have fun with this :) I've got hemp protein that needs using! And chai.. I'll post if they turn out well!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!:tongue:
  • Larry1369
    Larry1369 Posts: 59
    Options
    In for making some of these. Thanks
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I tried it and they came out too gooey. I don't know if I did something wrong. Will try them again and see what happens. :tongue:
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I tried it and they came out too gooey. I don't know if I did something wrong. Will try them again and see what happens. :tongue:

I'd say add more protein powder?

The issue with making these is that everyone's powder scoops are different sizes. That's why I said "exactly 8oz", b/c just saying a certain number of scoops leaves possible room for error :flowerforyou:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

The issue with making these is that everyone's powder scoops are different sizes. That's why I said "exactly 8oz", b/c just saying a certain number of scoops leaves possible room for error :flowerforyou:

That's what I had happen previously. After seeing a couple posts here I am wondering if it's the difference between oats and quick oats (I used quick, this recipe calls for regular). Which did you use?
  • bellinachuchina
    Options

That's what I had happen previously. After seeing a couple posts here I am wondering if it's the difference between oats and quick oats (I used quick, this recipe calls for regular). Which did you use?

I'm not sure of the difference, since I haven't tried the quick kind, but the old fashioned oats I use work really well!

If the dough is really gooey, the solution is adding a little more powder, until it reaches a tacky but firm consistency. Make sure you're properly measuring the water & pb too :)
  • sincereme
    Options
    I used Quick Oats too. I will def try it again and see what I get...lol

I also googled it online and some people use Oat Flour (which you can make yourself by putting oats into the food processor until it grinds them up, etc)... Maybe I should try that too?

• mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    I haven't tried oat flour, sounds yummy, though!

Below are some I made late last night. I cut them well before the 2 hrs. chill time in fridge and individually wrapped each in wax paper then refridgerated them overnight! Because I wrapped them prior to them being totally hardened, they have a rounded top look. What's nice about them being individually wrapped, is that for the days I'm on the go, I can just grab one quickly!

DSC042912.jpg

DSC042932.jpg
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Trying this tonight :) Thanks!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I made these today (added flaxseed & hempseed) and OH MY GOD. They're like a Larabar had babies with oats & chocolate.

Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    I made these today (added flaxseed & hempseed) and OH MY GOD. They're like a Larabar had babies with oats & chocolate.

Thanks so much for the recipe!

Haha :) That sounds good w/ the flax & hempseed!

Glad you like it!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    THANKS bellina for this great recipe!!!

I made them and they turned out perfect.

I made my homemade roasted, no salt peanuts. I also used Eas % whey protein powder, 1/4 cup grounded flex seeds (which I grounded myself), 1/2 cup all natural wheat bran and 1/2 cup quaker quick oats (what I had on hand). I mixed the dry, then added my own peanut butter, then water 3/4 cup..mixed it all with my hands. it formed a ball so I pressed it down into a loaf pan.

I will be saving lots of money, I was buying Pure Protein Protein bars, now I'll be making these instead.

I made 10 bars
    Calories: 160
    carbs: 9
    fat: 6
    protein: 19
    fiber: 4
    sodium: 36

Thanks you thanks you so much bellina for posting these!!!:flowerforyou:
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    THANKS bellina for this great recipe!!!

I made them and they turned out perfect.

I made my homemade roasted, no salt peanuts. I also used Eas % whey protein powder, 1/4 cup grounded flex seeds (which I grounded myself), 1/2 cup all natural wheat bran and 1/2 cup quaker quick oats (what I had on hand). I mixed the dry, then added my own peanut butter, then water 3/4 cup..mixed it all with my hands. it formed a ball so I pressed it down into a loaf pan.

I will be saving lots of money, I was buying Pure Protein Protein bars, now I'll be making these instead.

I made 10 bars
    Calories: 160
    carbs: 9
    fat: 6
    protein: 19
    fiber: 4
    sodium: 36

Thanks you thanks you so much bellina for posting these!!!:flowerforyou:

So glad they turned out & found a way to spice them up w/ the flax seeds!! :)
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe
  • sincereme
    Options
    I made them tonight and they came out yummers. I am so happy now...lol... I would post a pic but I don't know how to...lol

Thanks again!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    I made them tonight and they came out yummers. I am so happy now...lol... I would post a pic but I don't know how to...lol

Thanks again!

So glad they worked out!!!

If you ever want to upload pics to the forums you go to photobucket.com, upload them, then copy the IMG code listed under the photo's thumbnail. When pasting the code on the topic, you change the to lowercase, looking like this[img]:)[/img]