SNACK ATTACK!!~~~HELP~~~~

Options
I TEND TO SNACK A LOT BUT NEED TO SNACK ON THE HEALTHY STUFF.

WHATS GOOD TO MAKE OR BUY??

HOMEMADE OR FOOD ON THE GO!?!??!

i snack a lot at work since im on the computer all day!!

Replies

• lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    I TEND TO SNACK A LOT BUT NEED TO SNACK ON THE HEALTHY STUFF.

WHATS GOOD TO MAKE OR BUY??

HOMEMADE OR FOOD ON THE GO!?!??!

i snack a lot at work since im on the computer all day!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    snack all the way !!
    as long as your whiting your calories,,

home made !!!!!! fresh fruit and vegs..... homemade muffins ... ect..
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    I live by 100cal popcorn and 8oz lite apple juice mixed w/ 80z water. Sweet and salty solved.

It does the trick at work and gets some of my water req. in!

Also Wasa bread can be awesome w/ a small amount of low fat/sugar peanut butter...it holds me over.

good luck to you!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I've been making my choices for the day the evening BEFORE. I find that I have fewer excuses if I have everything with me.

I pack my lunch and snackies and in the mornign I just go! I'm doing more of a South Beach thing right now, and swear by a handful of peantus and fresh green beans. NOM!

:flowerforyou:
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    i like the kashi bars
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I keep 100 Cal packs of various things, for those quick snacks.
    I also have fruit cups, yogurt, veggies, crackers, almonds, little cans of tuna, gum, hummus, etc stored around so I have healthy options.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Nuts are great, but they tend to have a lot of fat and calories (even if it's the "good" fat). I keep almonds, pumpkin seeds and pretzels on hand for snacks. I use unsalted nuts, and I make sure I measure them in to a 1/4 cup before I start grazing on them. That way I'm sure I log them accurately.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    mmm nuts sound good!!!
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I also have fruit cups, yogurt, veggies, crackers, almonds, little cans of tuna, gum, hummus, etc stored around so I have healthy options.

great idea I should do that but I work 12 hr shifts so I think i need a lot of snacks!!
  • lmwardx
    Options
    i like the kashi bars

isnt kashi giving away free cookies online mmmmmm!!

http://www.kashi.com/
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    make sure that the snacks you are figured into your daily total allowance:
    i make my own trail mix with 1/4 cup fresh sun-maid raisins mixed with 1/4 cup shelled walnuts, but it is high calorie, high energy and i eat that only once a day.

greenbaum9
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

great idea I should do that but I work 12 hr shifts so I think i need a lot of snacks!!

Then have a whole lot stored around. I actually leave mine in my desk/fridge. So I am not hauling back and forth. If you don't have a fridge that's okay. There are tons of options. IF you are HAVING to have something EVERY hour....you will have a larger quantity then me. Just remember to count everything you do eat. So you aren't oversnacking. I figure in my main meals the day before and then only have to worry about my snacks and know how much I can use.

Fiber One bars are yummy too.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I've been making my choices for the day the evening BEFORE. I find that I have fewer excuses if I have everything with me.

I pack my lunch and snackies and in the mornign I just go! I'm doing more of a South Beach thing right now, and swear by a handful of peantus and fresh green beans. NOM!

:flowerforyou:

Thanks what a great idea!!!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars
    edamame (take frozen in a baggie and heat it n the microwave if you like them hot)
    hummus and carrots
    yogurt
    quaker mini rice cakes
  • lmwardx
    Options
    make sure that the snacks you are figured into your daily total allowance:
    i make my own trail mix with 1/4 cup fresh sun-maid raisins mixed with 1/4 cup shelled walnuts, but it is high calorie, high energy and i eat that only once a day.

greenbaum9

If I pull them from the bin in the store how do I know the exact calories? I guess when i log it i can do and estimate. i miss the trail mix from jenny craig those are so good!!
  • lmwardx
    Options
    Fiber One Bars
    edamame (take frozen in a baggie and heat it n the microwave if you like them hot)
    hummus and carrots
    yogurt
    quaker mini rice cakes

Edamame!! what a great idea I love those!! but whats hummus?
  • lmwardx
    Options

Then have a whole lot stored around. I actually leave mine in my desk/fridge. So I am not hauling back and forth. If you don't have a fridge that's okay. There are tons of options. IF you are HAVING to have something EVERY hour....you will have a larger quantity then me. Just remember to count everything you do eat. So you aren't oversnacking. I figure in my main meals the day before and then only have to worry about my snacks and know how much I can use.

Fiber One bars are yummy too.

hmmm i think I need to get a locked desk since work is 24hr and people here like to eat others food! LOL I was thinking is there any snacks that make you full like have a snack wrap? wrap w/ cheese and lunch meat? any other heathly stuff?

xoxox supporting troops every day!!! my baby brother is in IRAQ =[ and i miss him lots!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    my fav snack is trail mix with raisins m&m's cashews peanuts and almonds, even though its high in calories 210 it fills me up for awile and solves every craving possible.

i also love any fruit possible or fiber one bars. i too am a snacker
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    You don't want other people eating your stuff, cause then you are always having to re-stock and that gets costly.

I usually eat a HG Brownie muffin for breakfast (recipe is on here somewhere). I usually have to eat and drive to work at the same time. (Only down side is, processed cake mix and higher in carbs and sodium then I would like.)
    Lunch is usually a sandwich, I use a REALLY "grainy/seedy" bread. It will be higher in calories then traditional bread but it is more filling. I always use thin meat slices, real cheese, and limited condiments.
    I LOVE Mission carb balance multi-grain tortillas, those would be awesome for wraps, if you can stand it toss in lots of veggies. I find I can eat spinach raw if I use it in a sandwich or wrap.
    Fruit salads are wonderful to keep on hand.
    My mom makes an amazing cabbage-apple-raisin salad.

You may have to pack a cooler and keep it at your desk or even keep things in your car (if you are allowed to go and get things from it). That may also limit continual snacking.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    You don't want other people eating your stuff, cause then you are always having to re-stock and that gets costly.

I usually eat a HG Brownie muffin for breakfast (recipe is on here somewhere). I usually have to eat and drive to work at the same time. (Only down side is, processed cake mix and higher in carbs and sodium then I would like.)
    Lunch is usually a sandwich, I use a REALLY "grainy/seedy" bread. It will be higher in calories then traditional bread but it is more filling. I always use thin meat slices, real cheese, and limited condiments.
    I LOVE Mission carb balance multi-grain tortillas, those would be awesome for wraps, if you can stand it toss in lots of veggies. I find I can eat spinach raw if I use it in a sandwich or wrap.
    Fruit salads are wonderful to keep on hand.
    My mom makes an amazing cabbage-apple-raisin salad.

You may have to pack a cooler and keep it at your desk or even keep things in your car (if you are allowed to go and get things from it). That may also limit continual snacking.

my supervisor is getting me a locked desk woo hoo!!! Speaking of tortillas My fiance and I make our own personal pizza out of tortilla so less carbs and add less sauce and lots of veggies its cheap and guilt free!! I also babysitt so when my cousins little ones come over they create their own tortilla pizza!!

Thanks for all the advice!!!