SNACK ATTACK!!~~~HELP~~~~

Options
2»

Replies

• GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of popcorn. I also love apples and nectarines. Maybe keep the kellogs special K bars! Those things are god. At school I usually pop into the caf for sushi or a quick snack bowl of veggies. Does that help?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I make homemade hummus. It is beans (can use cannellini or garbanzo) tahini, garlic, onion and a food processor. There are many variations and it is high in fiber, protein, nutrients and low in fat.

The ones I make are about 50 cals per tablspoon. Lots of recipes on line.

yummy, satisfying dip for all kinds of veggies.
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    I make homemade hummus. It is beans (can use cannellini or garbanzo) tahini, garlic, onion and a food processor. There are many variations and it is high in fiber, protein, nutrients and low in fat.

The ones I make are about 50 cals per tablspoon. Lots of recipes on line.

yummy, satisfying dip for all kinds of veggies.

THAT SOUNDS FILLING I LIKE THAT!! THANK U
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I do a lot of popcorn. I also love apples and nectarines. Maybe keep the kellogs special K bars! Those things are god. At school I usually pop into the caf for sushi or a quick snack bowl of veggies. Does that help?

YES IT DOES AND I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT SUSHI FOR A SNACK 2-3 ROLLS SHOULD HOLD ME OFF TILL LUNCH TIME. THATS AWESOME!! THANKS A BUNCH!!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars
    edamame (take frozen in a baggie and heat it n the microwave if you like them hot)
    hummus and carrots
    yogurt
    quaker mini rice cakes

Edamame!! what a great idea I love those!! but whats hummus?

OMG - you've never had hummus!? You poor thing! In college, I all but lived on it!

In a food processor, put 1 can of rinsed drained garbonzo beans (also called chickpeas), 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 3 cloves of garlic - also a pinch of salt and paprika each. Then process it until it has the consistency of a smooth dip - you can drizzle a little more olive oil in as needed to get the texture right.

Once I'm done, I use Wheat Thins or pita chips to dip in it, but it's usually served with pita bread.
    SSOOOOOOOOO good!
  • lmwardx
    Options
    Fiber One Bars
    edamame (take frozen in a baggie and heat it n the microwave if you like them hot)
    hummus and carrots
    yogurt
    quaker mini rice cakes

Edamame!! what a great idea I love those!! but whats hummus?

OMG - you've never had hummus!? You poor thing! In college, I all but lived on it!

In a food processor, put 1 can of rinsed drained garbonzo beans (also called chickpeas), 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 3 cloves of garlic - also a pinch of salt and paprika each. Then process it until it has the consistency of a smooth dip - you can drizzle a little more olive oil in as needed to get the texture right.

Once I'm done, I use Wheat Thins or pita chips to dip in it, but it's usually served with pita bread.
    SSOOOOOOOOO good!

ive never had or heard of hummis but the funny part is I use garbonzo beans in my homemade cilli. lol. im going to try this because i was looking for a good dip. and im up for anything. Thank you! thank you!! can you use something else other than sessame oil? if not ill have to make a run to the market:happy:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I have lots of snacks at work, I bring a lot of fruit, 100 calorie packs, granola bars, kashi bars, yogurt, applesauce, low-fat cottage cheese, crackers w/laughing cow cheese, etc, lol. I love snacking!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a few go-to snacks here are a few ideas:

1 graham cracker with 1 tble all natural peanut butter
    home made hummus with cucumber slices (or whatever veg you like)
    1 string cheese and a fruit
    1/4 cup granola w/yogurt
    edaname (microwaved for about 2-3 minutes) with a little EVOO and kosher salt
    1 apple tossed with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar (or splenda)
    cottage cheese with 4 triscuits
    instant miso soup
    popcorn
    1/2 a chicken sandwhich
    smoothie (frozen fruit with juice of choice or water)

These are ideas that comes to mind...but what i do for the week is plan out each meal with snacks and try to premake as many as possible and have them ready to go in the fridge (or cupboard). If I don't write out my menu for the week I find I just stand at the fridge or cupboards and stare and then make bad desisions....but if good things are ready and written down i just look and go "oh ya that is what my snack is" etc......it makes is much easier to stick to my plan.....until the weekend hits anyways :) lol....that is my worst time but i am working on that :)......anyways i hope this helps :)....
  • justjenny89
    Options
    While I don't have any great alternative snack ideas, I do have an idea for the snack foods you already have. :smile:

I am a junk food addict, so when I absolutely have to buy a bag of those potato chips, I put a serving size into a snack-size plastic bag until I've emptied the whole bag. Then I either put those back in the bag, or put them into a gallon-size bag. That way, when I'm jonesing for the good stuff, I can grab a small amount without having to sit and eat half the bag! I guess they're kind of like homemade 100 calorie packs or snack-size servings that the companies don't already make.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    Thanks everyone I love the ideas and sure gonna use them!!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    While I don't have any great alternative snack ideas, I do have an idea for the snack foods you already have. :smile:

I am a junk food addict, so when I absolutely have to buy a bag of those potato chips, I put a serving size into a snack-size plastic bag until I've emptied the whole bag. Then I either put those back in the bag, or put them into a gallon-size bag. That way, when I'm jonesing for the good stuff, I can grab a small amount without having to sit and eat half the bag! I guess they're kind of like homemade 100 calorie packs or snack-size servings that the companies don't already make.

I to build pre measured snack packs. If I am having Vegetable thin crackers and a serving size is 13 crackers then i package 13 crackers and have them when it is snack time;
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack this week is Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese & an apple! YUM-O!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i toasted a rice cake with PB on it for me and the BF yesterday while watching a movie. it was sooo tasty and gooey i felt like i was eating something i shouldn't have.

and it was only 135 calories.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    i toasted a rice cake with PB on it for me and the BF yesterday while watching a movie. it was sooo tasty and gooey i felt like i was eating something i shouldn't have.

and it was only 135 calories.

sounds really yummy!!