Feeding babies ?

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When my sister was a baby, I babysat ALLLL the time. I was 11 at the time, and wasn't really privy to all the 'feeding' rules. I don't think my mom was either, and she worked two jobs, so I fed my sister a lot. I knew not to give her honey from a magazine article I'd read, but I didn't know about shellfish or PB. So one day I'm eating a PB sandwich, and I gave her a bite, and she was fine (and she still is). But my stepmom and aunt were MORTIFIED at what I'd done, and I still feel bad about it to this day! :frown: I am really glad she wasn't allergic.

As far as doctors....well, here's some perspective:

Most of what we say about physiology is just a guess. Most drugs are prescribed because we know they work, but we have no idea *why*. Medicine is far from an exact science. I agree that you shouldn't take everything a physician says as fact, because it is honestly just educated guesswork. At the same time, they aren't out to ruin your health or just take your money and run. They simply don't have a lot to work with because we know so little about the human body. They know 'what' but not 'why'. :flowerforyou: