FAT GIRL TO FIT GIRL! I DID IT!!!

Options
hummzz
hummzz Posts: 384 Member
Just a lil motivation for someone that is struggling!

Today is "Bike to Work" day in Denver, CO!

I started riding my bike on Monday and got to incline and quickly caught a cramp. So I turned around defeated and went home sad because I knew I wanted to participate in today's event.

Yesterday I got back on my bike and rode for 30 minutes. I caught another cramp, but I rode through it and got home safe and sound.

Last night before bed I said to myself, "I'm not ready for the 3.5 mile ride to work up hills and in traffic. I'll do it next year!"

This morning I woke up and was listening to the news cast about "Bike to Work" and all the events and people that will be riding. Over 15,000 registered riders, breakfast at Civic Center Park, Yoga, Spinning and other great events.

I said to myself, "I can do this!" So I got ready for work and packed my backpack and headed out. I almost crashed when I was trying to signal to turn left in a turn lane with all kinds of downtown traffic! LOL

I got to Civic Center Park and saw all the biciclist coralling at the event. I rode on! I have to get to work! I will stop there on my way home from work.

I got to work in one piece! I started crying wanting to sing the Rocky theme song! I DID IT! I DID IT!!! All I could think about was sharing this with you all because so many times we talk ourselves out of what we CAN do! All I heard in my ears was my dear grandmother (RIP) "CAN'T NEVER DID ANYTHING!" And she's right!

I just wanted to share this for that person that is struggling with getting started or taking on a new challenge! Hope it helps! I felt like Rocky Balboa and wanted to sing the Rocky Theme Song! LOL

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! WTG!! :)
  • juxtapose
    juxtapose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats! You should be super proud of yourself. :)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    awww that's awesome! congratulations! the way you shared your story was like I was right there....you could turn it into a book :D xox
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You sound so proud, I would be too. Congratulations!
  • smyscrapper
    Options
    That's AWESOME! You GO Girl!!!

3222052.png
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    phenomonal! great job!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats on your success!
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Awww....I wanted to cry reading your post. I know how that feels and I'm so happy for you! Congrats on making it to work in one piece and such a big accomplishment! =)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
    you should be very proud of yourself....you did it!!!! :bigsmile:
    congrats =)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!! And a thanks from a fat girl who's starting to get scared of her first 5k in weeks time!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
    Way to go.. Thanks for sharing.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You totally made my day! No more "outside looking in"! BTW, LOVE your gramma's advice!
  • swtlissa68
    Options
    What a WONDERFUL story! Thank u so much for sharing! Fantastic Job...UR AWESOME!!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job on keeping yourself motivated!!
    My grandmother used to say the same thing.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    I just love it!!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up!
  • jizenna
    jizenna Posts: 49
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!!
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!! reading your story I could feel your joy. I am so scared to drive in Denver I can't imagine riding a bike there, but you did it and we are all so proud of you. YOU DID IT!!! YAY!!!