Weighing yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I say do whatever works for you.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I can't weigh in very often because the fluctuations are too unmotivating. I have learned to focus on my health, and not so much the number on the scale.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    It depends on how I feel, sometimes it's everyday, then sometimes I'll skip a day. Ever since we got our new scale (the one with the body fat/muscle percentage), I've been tracking that data too, BUT one thing it's taught me: the scale moves up and down! I can be a pound down one day, then 1/2 to a 1 pound up the next. It's super weird! The once everyday, DOES keep me in check though! At the same time, I know I can get obsessive about it, so I take a day off here and there.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i only weigh in once a month on the 15th in the morning naked bec daily fluctations drive me insane also the scale is not the only way to measure success , i leave the scale alone and focuse on my lifestyle and excercise those two things i can control.
  • MaggieMae67
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I get out of the shower. I think that this helps me stay focused on the ultimate goal. However, I do not "count" my weight until Wednesday morning (that is the day I started this journey).
  • Racleeyou
    Racleeyou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning in my birthday suit... after I potty, just before I step into the shower! That way I can go back and see how my day to day eating is making the scale move!

Same here!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday, before breakfast. I also take measurementsshortly thereafter.
  • RiverInTheRoad
    Options
    New to this site so just wondering.....if you are a daily weigh-in person (like me) can you log your weight in everyday or does the site only allow once per week?

You can input your weight every month, week, day or even hour! It's really up to you. Just go to "Weigh In" (My Home tab on the left side of the screen) and just input your current weight in the field indicated. This site has little restrictions when it comes to your weight loss goals and the way you track them. Hope this helps. :3
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday to help keep me on track. I only update my weight here at MFP once a week, and that's if my new weight has stayed stable.

The big thing with daily checks is to know there will be fluctuations. Don't get upset over sudden changes. Just use it to be mindful of if you're following your weight loss plan.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I try to do it once a week, as well as taking measurements. One thing I've noticed for sure is the measurements have decreased even if the scale isn't so encouraging. That definitely helps with the motivation!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Every morning