What Can I eat a lot of, and it still be healthy.. ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ... bump
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    a chicken burger without the top bun and sweet potato fries!!!!
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you're in Oklahoma, which means it should be early afternoon for you - why have you only had 200 calories? How about you eat a real meal - with healthy protein, carbs and fat - and that will certainly help make the hunger go away! If your base calories are 1200 (which I'm only guessing since that's what many people on this site default to, unfortunately), you should've had at least 500-600 calories so far today, with another meal and possibly another snack or two left.

I've only had that much because I'm on a night shift schedule, and therefore I JUST WOKE UP... but thanks for the advice.
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    A good really really easy one is cottage Cheese and oatcakes, have to go careful on the oatcakes but it will keep you full. Or eggs I think about 70 cals each.
    Other than that what already been said you have a chicken breast or fish and a really big plate full of green leafy veg for under 400 cals.
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think the key to a healthy lifestyle is portion control. Don't eat like a rabbit, but eat frequently throughout the day to help keep you full.

My favorite snacks are:

Fudgsicles
    Low calorie ice cream rounds
    Caramel rice cake with peanut butter and banana on top
    Rice Krispie Treats (not as high in calorie as you might think)
    Tootsie pops (only 60 calories to satisfy a sweet craving)
    Baked tortilla chips and salsa
    Apples - to stave off the "I've got to have it NOW or I'm going to starve!" cravings
    Potatoes-microwave them for a quick fix that will fill you up. Just don't add fifty million pounds of cheese :)

Mealwise, seafood and chicken is always a safe bet. You can eat much more of those than beef and pork. For instance, my seafood jambalaya is less than 400 calories and is totally filling. Instead of beef hamburgers, I buy frozen salmon patties and make burgers out of them. Find a low calorie spaghetti sauce you like. You can pair it with a decent amount of spaghetti for a filling meal.

Hope this helps!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you're in Oklahoma, which means it should be early afternoon for you - why have you only had 200 calories? How about you eat a real meal - with healthy protein, carbs and fat - and that will certainly help make the hunger go away! If your base calories are 1200 (which I'm only guessing since that's what many people on this site default to, unfortunately), you should've had at least 500-600 calories so far today, with another meal and possibly another snack or two left.

I've only had that much because I'm on a night shift schedule, and therefore I JUST WOKE UP... but thanks for the advice.

well, that's a whole other story.

You made it sound like you only had 200 for the whole day and it was bedtime and you had to eat a bunch now to meet your goal.

So, it's really "breakfast" time for you then. You have all night into tomorrow to meet your goal. I know it's awkward, but don't go by the clock and reset at midnight. You just woke up, therefore your day is starting. Your day can go until you get home from work tomorrow and go back to bed. You have until THEN to eat all your calories.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    well, that's a whole other story.

You made it sound like you only had 200 for the whole day and it was bedtime and you had to eat a bunch now to meet your goal.

So, it's really "breakfast" time for you then. You have all night into tomorrow to meet your goal. I know it's awkward, but don't go by the clock and reset at midnight. You just woke up, therefore your day is starting. Your day can go until you get home from work tomorrow and go back to bed. You have until THEN to eat all your calories.

I don't think she's concerned about getting her calories in for the day. The fact is, it is morning for her and she is hungry and wants to eat something satisfying. She just wants some tips on a healthy snack that is not a salad and will not break the calorie bank.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    For lunch I just had 5 oz's chicken breast with traders joes bharta curry and two cups of steamed veggies, I am completely full at the moment!

I want to come round to yours for lunch...