morning protein

Options
2»

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried making protein pancakes? They are super filling and delish. You can even make them ahead of time.

http://fitmeals.tumblr.com/post/6019245919/proteinpancakes
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    somehow I knew this was going south !

I believe the correct term would be "going down."
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Protein in the morning is the best!:bigsmile: :devil:
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    *steps out of thread*
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could eat the eggs and cheese on the side and put some PB on the english muffin.

Also, I have a friend on this site that does scrambled eggs with kidney beans and spinach. It may sound weird but it's delish! I had some that this morning.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm too naughty for this thread. :devil:

totally surprised that your man didn't find this thread before you... :laugh:
    right?
    won't be long, i bet :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think it is the equivalent nutritionally of an egg white. I heard it is called the perfect protein.

...and does wonders for the skin.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Slowly but surely huh?!?!
    I think it is the equivalent nutritionally of an egg white.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I've found it hard to find the right carb/protein balance with breakfast specifically. What I've started doing is cutting my cereal/oatmeal portion in half and adding just one scrambled egg with cheese on the side. It still keeps the calories in check with what I would normally consume and I'm usually hitting about 20-30 grams of protein with breakfast, which like I said, is the hardest meal with the usual food choices to hit protein.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I think it is the equivalent nutritionally of an egg white.

id much rather have "protein" than an egg white!!!!!:devil:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    this morning i had an omelette with 3 eggwhites,spinach and sauteed mushrooms. I find myself running into the same problem with protein! I enjoy a slice of wheat bread with a small amount of peanut butter on it with a glass of milk also. Kashi makes some good low sugar, lots of protein, cereals too!

That sounds delicious. :)

To the original poster, for what reason do you eat protein in the morning? Is it to fill fuller or because of the specific diet you are doing? If you are following a low-carb diet than my following suggestion is not for you =P

Cereals high in fiber and low in fat/calories mixed with greek yogurt and honey/agave/plain, is a great way to stay ultra-mega full and still get lots of protein. Some cereals have 14 grams of fiber (keeps you REALLY full) plus in about 6 ounces of non fat greek yogurt you get about 20 grams of protein. I try to avoid dairy though, so often times make my own version of greek yogurt with strained silk tofu. I stay full all the way until afternoon :)
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried making protein pancakes? They are super filling and delish. You can even make them ahead of time.

http://fitmeals.tumblr.com/post/6019245919/proteinpancakes

Thanks for sharing, Dani! There are some great recipes in Fit Meals - I want to try the califlower breadsticks!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    To the original poster, for what reason do you eat protein in the morning? Is it to fill fuller or because of the specific diet you are doing? If you are following a low-carb diet than my following suggestion is not for you =P

Cereals high in fiber and low in fat/calories mixed with greek yogurt and honey/agave/plain, is a great way to stay ultra-mega full and still get lots of protein. Some cereals have 14 grams of fiber (keeps you REALLY full) plus in about 6 ounces of non fat greek yogurt you get about 20 grams of protein. I try to avoid dairy though, so often times make my own version of greek yogurt with strained silk tofu. I stay full all the way until afternoon :)

No low carb diet, I have just heard that you want to eat more protein at breakfast to help you stay fuller throughout the day.

My snack are all protein rich (I go "over" MFP's rec on a daily basis), like Greek yogurt, nuts, cottage cheese and carrots, babybel cheese. I typically eat cereal in the morning (with milk - which has a lot of protein too), and then get hungry around 9am or so (I eat breakfast prior to 6). These last two days I have had a high protein breakfast (egg/cheese sandwich and milk) and haven't been hungry until about 10:30, which is great.

As for all you naughtys out there, that was about my husband's reaction too - "I can give you some protein". I suppose one might call that a breakfast sausage. ;-)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    As for all you naughtys out there, that was about my husband's reaction too - "I can give you some protein". I suppose one might call that a breakfast sausage. ;-)
    He's a keeper. Just trying to help you along your journey. You should reward him.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    As one of my MFP friends said, "Mel....I can honestly say I've never had tunafish for breakfast!" But I have it almost everyday and love it. It's light, I eat a whole can usually with 1T olive oil K:flowerforyou: raft mayonaisse. Often I put it all in 1/2 of a green pepper or placed on spelt bread and broil in my toaster oven with a slice of cheese on it. It's only around 140 calories depending on your mayo and 32ish g of protein. It really helps me get to lunch wiwth no hunger cravings at all!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

No low carb diet, I have just heard that you want to eat more protein at breakfast to help you stay fuller throughout the day.

My snack are all protein rich (I go "over" MFP's rec on a daily basis), like Greek yogurt, nuts, cottage cheese and carrots, babybel cheese. I typically eat cereal in the morning (with milk - which has a lot of protein too), and then get hungry around 9am or so (I eat breakfast prior to 6). These last two days I have had a high protein breakfast (egg/cheese sandwich and milk) and haven't been hungry until about 10:30, which is great.

Then definitely try the really high fiber cereals! If you eat them with yogurt, the crunch and mild sweetness mixed with the creaminess of the yogurt is a great combo, and it keeps me much fuller than eggs do. I find that if I eat the cereal with milk it leaves me wanting more and doesn't taste as good. Just tastes like eating wet cardboard, haha.