Where do you smaller WOMEN shop?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    Though I'm not a size 4 or 6. I'm usually a 10 and on a good day an 8. I love Khols, Target, and AE. AE~my favorite place to get jeans.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Dont go to Kohls thats for sure. I think majority of their smallest sizes stop @ 4

Being short also, makes it even harder for me. I find a lot of my clothes @ JCpenneys and i think they are reasonable
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK all shops stock UK 8s and 10s (US 4 & 6), but I still get most of my clothes on ebay. Do you have a Gap near you? They do very small sizes.
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am also a LOFT girl. I am usually a size 6, but have to buy 2's and 4's there, which is always an ego boost! Plus, being short, it's great that they carry petitie sizes. AND, being in my 30's as well, their clothes don't make me look like I am trying to be 16!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    American Eagle, Victoria's Secret online, Body Central online (good prices!), Venus online, Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, department stores (macys), ami clubwear, forever 21, express...
  • Julie252
    Julie252 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I say I shop at Target because I am losing weight ( and don't want to spend too much) but I am continuously impressed with what I find there. Mostly, tops, skirts and dresses. Not too much luck with pants. I tend to spend more for quality pants and less on tops. I also like Gap, Banana Republic and J Crew. Sometimes Ann Taylor Loft. Or REI for sporty casual. If you have the outlet versions, check there. I have zero luck at Kohl's but have friends who find good stuff...might depend on your shape. Target clothes fit me so well. Kohl's not at all. My face place for pants is Nordstroms, but a little pricy.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Holy fast replies!!

Thanks!!

I like Target for tops. Walmart is great for workout clothes, but that's about it. Sorry, not a fan of wally-world.

I'd forgotten about some of those other stores...as I grew and grew, I started shopping those places less and less until I completely didn't even window shop there! You are right...my possibilities are opening up! LOL Scary, 'cause i like to shop, lol. Yes, I have shopped consignment stores---I've found jeans & capris there for the summer, which has helped the budget a.lot.!

Our Kohl's...I hardly ever find a 4. Must be the region and clientele. It's so weird to pick up my pants, whether a 4 or a 6, and say, THOSE WILL NEVER FIT!! And then they do!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    -White House Black Market
    -H&M
    -The Limited
    -New York and Company
    -American Eagle (there are a lot of casual things in there that aren't too teen)
    -Target
    -Old Navy
    -Anthropologie
    -J Crew
    -Urban Outfitters
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    not gonna lie i get most of my clothes at walmart! my mom does too. :smile:
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    Options
    I love Kohl's and they have a lot of nice stuff for women w/o looking frumpy. I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 myself and don't want to dress like a little girl nor like a frump either.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer is my favorite store, especially for work clothes. I love their wrinkle-free button up shirts and have at least a dozen in different colors, patterns and sleeve lengths. I'll also wear them on the weekends with a pair of jeans or capris and have received many compliments. They are fitted and the striped patterns are always vertical. They make me look trim and slim and put together. They run a bit big, but they have both small and extra small shirt sizes which should fit you.

Their pants come in different fits and they go down to a size 2. For my curvy hips, I wear the Blakely fit which is cut one size smaller in the waist than the hips. No more gap in the back! They also sell in long, short and regular lengths. I can always find a pair of pants, shorts or capris which fit me perfectly. I won't buy jeans anywhere else now that I have found the perfect pair.

The clothes are pretty pricey, but they are of excellent quality and if you shop the clearance area in the back, you're bound to find a great deal. Their online selection is even better than what's in the store and you can make returns directly to a store, if needed.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Express, Target, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, NY & CO, Macys, JC Penny, Maurices.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My mom is ur size and she likes ann taylor, brooks brothers, and nyc and co. For department stores she goes to saks something (lol idr the name) and uhh neiman marcus. I hope you find ur clothes :) gratz on the weight loss
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Glad you posted this I too was wondering this. I went into a JCPenney once looking for 8's at the time and thought I read if you want anything under 6 you need to shop the catalog. I thought what no way well now I have a size 4's I got on clearance at Kohl's for like $7 (I don't generally have luck there) I just look in every store I go into now because I only really have 1 pr of jeans (2 if you count the 8's I bought a couple months ago) and 2 pair of capris (both size 6) one I like better than the other of course. So I do laundry alot. I do like JCPenney and Target but have to drive 1 hr to get to one:(