Bowel Movement, yes.. pooping!

Options

Replies

• tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually go shortly after I drink coffee.... Drink coffee?

I was having trouble until my husband switched to dayshifts and started making coffee in the mornings. Now all is well in the world. :happy:
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was having this issue too, before MFP. Once I started logging EVERYTHING that went into my body I found out that I was WAY over on my fiber intake which is not good when you don't drink enough water.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I track my fiber. I changed it to 25g a day, which is what I need to stay somewhat regular. Usually, as long as I hit that fiber goal, and drink my second cup of coffee in the morning, I'm good to go. My sister started eating those individually wrapped prunes, 2 every morning, and she said it really helped her.
    But I really posted to say that suit you are wearing in your profile pic is beautiful!!!!! You look great in it!!!!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So I had this problem until I started taking Probiotics. I take one a day and go once a day. I have tried others suggestion which is equate natural vegetable laxative. Very gentle on the stomach. But I do not take it anymore ever since I started taking probiotics. It works great and helps with your immune system.
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking a probiotic(Culturelle)otc at walmart...It has worked wonders for me...
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you all for your amazing suggestions... some are a little weird, but I appreciate it! I hope this helps others out that had the same questions I did. Keep the reply's coming!!! :happy:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well, crap! (no pun intended;) i want to poop. im either having chocolate chip spray paint or nothing at all. boooooooooo. ive gone 9 days before with nothing...besides a huge uncomfortable gut.

I just spit water on my computer screen about the chocolate chip spray paint! :laugh: :laugh:
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just eat a tablespoon of coarse grind black pepper. Trust me on this.

I think this would make me THROW UP! ish!

It won't. The explosion will be out the other end. No worries.
    oh, this just made my day. thank you :laugh:

in all seriousness, i truly believe it is connected to your nutrient absorption. i think i read in nutrition for dummies that less than 25% of what you eat becomes stool on average, so if your mass is small (think more carbs being absorbed by water) you will have less of it to get rid of. i used to think i had a problem until i assessed the size of the food i eat and everything started making sense.
    nothing beats drinking water like a fish, though. your body can always use more of that. and yogurt, i totally agree. greek yogurt helps the intestinal tract immensely.
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    When I'm on hcg, I have that problem...so I try to eat strawberries, but if it gets bad, ground psyllium...if it gets worse...the old mag citrate tablets, which I take anyway.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You don't have to avoid the B.R.A.T. foods. The reason behind eating those if you have diarrhea is because those foods are very easy for the digestive track to process. The idea is to give the DT a rest so it will naturally calm down. It doesn't actually "brick you up".
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Just eat a tablespoon of coarse grind black pepper. Trust me on this.

how in the world do you get that to go down your throat? water?
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I'm glad someone else was 'ballsy' enough to ask this. Me and my other half have been wondering about this too. We've been MFP'ing about three weeks.... and well...as the OP said...things seem to have been grinding to a halt...no pun intended. :blushing: :laugh:
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    bump
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    2-3 times a day for me, was like this when I was eating unhealthy as well as now when I am eating much better.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I just posted on my blog yesterday about BM and constipation.
    This site could help. It's the foods that act like a natural laxative.
    http://www.oxypowder.com/laxative-foods.html

Edit: Btw, I've heard that 2 bm a day is "normal".
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't go very often myself. Never have. A few times a week...at best.

So, I went to GNC and they suggested taking an enzyme capsule once a day. It's not a laxative. Just helps break down food quicker and you will not become dependent on them. They seem to work for me as long as I can remember to take them consistently. Usually go once or twice a day when I take them regularly.

Oh, and I drink lots of coffee --- that doesn't get anything moving for me...
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of flax seed oil and flax seeds every morning and every night!

I also noticed that red meat takes longer to process for me... If I stay away from it, my system stays super clean, otherwise I get abdominal pain and irregular movements. :)
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking in to the types of fiber you are eating. You should have a balance of soluble and insoluble fiber (most people eat a lot of insoluble). Another thing is to up your water intake :) keep things flowing, so to speak!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    If you eat clean and drink plenty of water and healthy fats, you'll probably poop clean. Too gross?

Pro-biotics help a ton! Not only yogurt but actual pro-biotic pills. YOu can get them in the vitamin section. They keep me pretty regular and help with bloating of any kind!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those awesome people who has what my doctor called, a "slow gut". He's pretty sure there's nothing actually wrong with me, just that my colon moves things through slowly. I've tried damn near everything. I've upped fiber, tried coffee, bran muffins, the whole 9 yards. I'm just lucky if I can get 1 BM a week. I've gone for excessive stretches without one, and trust me, it is NOT pleasant. You know it's an issue when 3 laxatives produce nothing. There is a new medication on the market called Amitiza, which I was on, but it gives me nausea, and it is an osmotic drug designed to make your colon retain water in order for things to pass through more quickly, which just led me to retain more water than normal. I have seen a few things on here that I hadn't heard of before, (NOT trying the pepper deal), that I may need to try out. I'm so glad someone actually brought this up!