I've always wondered so Ladies tell me . . .

Options

Replies

• sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    NO horizontal stripes! or T shirts with pictures, advertisements or sayings on them. When you dress well ,you are actually showing respect for the people around you.!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Above all, wear clothes that fit you properly. It's okay to try to camoflauge parts of your body that you're not super excited about (and even better if you're working on improving them in your spare time), but you don't want to look like a slob, and "comfy" tends to mean clothes that are too big.

Don't wear clothes that are wrinkled. Women hate wrinkles.

Don't wear clothes that are stained or have holes in them.

If a shirt is meant to be tucked in, tuck it in. And if you tuck your shirt in, wear a belt. It's just wrong not to.

Don't wear tank tops or other sleeveless shirts unless you're at the gym.

If you wear shorts, they better come at least to your knees.

Make sure your pants are long enough. You're not wading through a flood (I hope).

You might try wearing non-traditional male colors, like pink and other pastels. I don't know what it is, but I always notice men who wear pastels.

And yes, shoes are important. They need to be clean and scuff-free, unless we're talking about work boots or something, and they need to match your attire. For the love of all that is holy, do not wear brown shoes with black pants. Just don't.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I agree with most here....clean and wrinkle free and nice shoes. Jeans and tshirts should fit--not 5 sizes too big. If you've got pecs and biceps, we wanna be able to tell--don't leave us guessing. If a shirt is supposed to ironed--iron it!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    nice fitting is a must....especially if you have a nice tush *it shows it off better*
    If you are going out to dinner or at a "Party" wear a button down shirt or a polo that is your correct size
    thick jeans always look way nicer than thinner ones, as do dark wash jeans compared to light
    shoes should be scuff/dirt free
    A belt is always a nice accesory....and it doesn't necisarrily HAVE to match the shoes, but it does seem to look nicer when it does.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    All I know is is that every girl is crazy about a sharp dressed man.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    In my thoughts, I think u gotta look clean all the time, no matter what your doing... for guys nice shoes nice jeans nice shirt smelling good :) hair done not the ill just wake up and put theses jeans on from 3 days ago

:heart: if im all dolled up I dont wanna be seen with someone who looks like he should be in the forest hahahha
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Judging from the replies, I am so glad I have a girlfriend or I would die alone.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Its as easy as looking at the manikin in the store. Someone put that outfit together as an expert. Most sales associates can help put an outfit together.
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow. . . . Shoes have been mentioned twice!! LOL . . . I rarely even give them a thought. I own a pair of flip flops, a pair of tennis shoes, one black and one brown pair of dress shoes for work. I guess I need to shop for shoes!?!?!?

Yes! please shop for shoes. Get a nice clean pair of white tennis shoes (then keep them clean), and a pair of casual dressy-ish shoes. You can also wear your dress shoes with a nice pair jeans and a nicer shirt. That looks really good. Keep the flip flops for your shorts
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Most sales associates can help put an outfit together.

Yes yes yes. I know men prefer to "get in and get out" when it comes to shopping, and it's not "manly" to ask for help, but those sales associates get paid to help you find things that look good on you. They aren't there just to point you to the pant section.
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    . . . For the love of all that is holy, do not wear brown shoes with black pants. Just don't.

LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Ye can't go wrong with a kilt. :wink:

But seriously, I'm probably not the right woman to ask. I like a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy. My ex was a little (a LOT!) too into his appearance, and it drove me bonkers. I don't like it when a guy takes longer to get ready than I do.

Clean clothes in good condition and good posture goes a long, long way.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    a nice short sleeve button down shirt and great jeans...flip flops...zip up jackets...a NICE ball cap, not a sweaty smelly one. 3/4 length pants and a cotton long sleeve shirt. Plaid shorts and a plain t-shirt...these are all the things I buy my man to wear...and like I always tell him "you're a reflection of my taste"...
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Judging from the replies, I am so glad I have a girlfriend or I would die alone.

LOL. i know exactly what you're talking about.

Clean clothes in good condition and good posture goes a long, long way.

i think this is a really good point. if you're comfortable with what you have on and feel like you look good you will stand up straighter and be more confident. you can dress a guy in a $2000 suit but if he's got crappy posture and doesn't feel confident in what he's wearing he's not gonna look good.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I never would have thought shoes were such a focal point.
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    I am so glad that I asked . . . okay ladies watch out. I am about to become a well dressed man!

1. Clothing that fits
    2. No wrinkled clothing
    3. nice clean unscuffed shoes appropriate to the outfit
    4. No holes or stains
    5. wear a belt if I tuck in my shirt
    6. Tank tops and sweat pants are for the gym and not daily wear
    7. Stand up tall and straight and take pride in how I look (confidence)!

Thank you ladies! I will take your good advice.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Seriously I was happy with yellow in front...
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's helps to have a lady friend who knows a bit about men fashion.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Someone might have mentioned... No High-Waters! Which will bring more attention to your Shoes. Please. I can't stand to see anyone with High Waters. (do they still call them that? :laugh: )

Also, I love to see a well groomed man... clean under your nails, haircut, nose hairs out of sight along with ear hairs... ewwww.

I also agree with ironing your clothes and no stains.

BTW, the manequins really help, sometimes I will see an outfit on a manequin and really like it.

Good Topic :flowerforyou:
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I asked . . . okay ladies watch out. I am about to become a well dressed man!

1. Clothing that fits
    2. No wrinkled clothing
    3. nice clean unscuffed shoes appropriate to the outfit
    4. No holes or stains
    5. wear a belt if I tuck in my shirt
    6. Tank tops and sweat pants are for the gym and not daily wear
    7. Stand up tall and straight and take pride in how I look (confidence)!

Thank you ladies! I will take your good advice.

I think he's got it girls!!!