Ideal first date

Options
13»

Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't date, people tend not to be who they first appear to be in those situations, and many times you don't find that out till you get further down the road and realize how much time you just wasted. I would rather get to know someone casually over time where nobody is under pressure to put up a front. Lots of people deny doing that, but they are unwitting liars. I also refuse to knowingly put myself into a situation with someone who I know is seeing multiple people, or "playing the field." I'm not criticizing people who do that, it's just that it starts to feel too much like a competition in my mind. I don't want to set myself up for failure if I'm really into someone. Plus, I don't want to screw around with someone who is banging 2, 3 ,4 other guys while she is seeing me. I don't like to share, and it just seems gross.

Very true. It is gross to be having sex with someone who is sleeping with someone else. I have had lots of first dates, but if the man or woman does not have the same intentions I do- I never continue anything. I only date people who are looking for someone exclusive. Its too much of a risk otherwise.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I took my last GF to a cubs game, 5th row behind the catcher. Then we fell asleep on one another on the way home on the L, went back to our own places for a lil R & R then around 9pm we went out to dinner at this Fondu place that is so tiny and romantic called Geja's Cafe. We ate Fondu and drank Sangria. Then we proceeded to meet up with my friends at a local bar near our places, drank a lil then on the walk home she held onto my arm(which I like) and then we got back to her place and had a nice romantic kiss that turned into kissing but I was a gentleman and left......and went back to the bar to have some more drinks!!!

BUT my ideal first date is something like that but with some girl hot sweaty sex and maybe breakfast......
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    my ideal first date was with my hubby =D he took me to a park in edgewater to watch the sunset overlooking NYC , nice stroll dinner n drinks beautiful....
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My first date with my hubby was pretty basic - dinner at a casual place and a movie. We had a good conversation over dinner.

Other fun dates we had during the first couple months were bowling and miniature golf. I don't care about being "wined and dined" as they say, so activities like bowling and mini golf were perfect to me.

To celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary we had a picnic in the park and it was great.

I'm pretty into food and cooking so my idea of a romantic date would be staying in and cooking a meal together!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I like casual first dates when there is no pressure.

My best first date was we met up and instead of flowers he gave me harbio sweets(what can i say he knew me even then)
    We went to the beach and walked up and down just chatting and found a little bench and sat there for a while.
    Then we went to his golf club(he is a pro golfer) and showed me around and went for a ride in a buggy very funny.
    He TRIED getting me to hit a few shots while he showed off haha I still have the golf ball from that day.
    We grabbed food and sat on the balcony of the club house and talked some more(it was closed at this stage)
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I like active dates. I've thankfully had some pretty good first dates...and some other dates that would be great first dates as well.

Here's a few dates I've had that rank high on my list :
    *A local HS football game. It was casual, it was comfortable, and even though it was cold I had a great time. Bonus : I got to wear jeans and a t-shirt and not feel like I was underdressed!
    * A 1 1/2 mile hike through the woods ending at a small waterfall. I loved being out in nature, the sights were beautiful, and it allowed easy conversation.
    * Miniature Golf . Easy, fun, relaxing...and since I'm fairly competitive I liked it. It also allowed for conversation and I didn't find myself worrying about how I looked. Good way to show you can laugh at yourself as well, at least in my case!
    * A long drive through various neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights... once again just very easy, comfortable, and well I love Christmas!

Bottom line - something that allows conversation and doesn't seem stuffy.... activities are great!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date was with my boyfriend. We had a great dinner at Olive Garden and then we enjoyed a nice long walk in the park, just talking and getting to know each other; and, of course, shared a nice kiss at the end. It was awesome! We've been together 3 years now and we both still talk about that first date. :love:
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date would involve her having a bass boat.

..or her own shotgun.

I don't have a boat, but I do have a shotgun and a husband with a rifle.....
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    At a strip club.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date (man its been so long that ive dated lol) would be a nice dinner nothing fancy. Somewhere where we can talk and laugh. Then maybe a movie and then coffee afterwards. I'm simple as long as the conversation is good. My husband says I'm a good listener.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My first date with my fiance lasted all day long, lol.

We started out going to lunch at China Buffet. Then we headed over to the mall to walk around and talk and buy some stuff (not for each other, cause we didn't even know each other yet, lol!). Then we went into Dave and Buster's in the mall where we played video arcade games, pool, air hockey, and even went bowling. After that we got a shake from Steak and Shake and then watched a movie. We saw HItchcock which was pretty cool. I HATE chick flicks and it turns out we both like action movies. After that we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, wandered around Wal-Mart cause that was all that was open that time of night...then he took me home. It was like a 12 hour date, haha.

Not that I think first dates should always be that way and that long, but then again, doing stuff like that makes you more comfortable with the person and you get to know them better. Don't show off to me by taking me to expensive places that you wouldn't necessarily otherwise go...and don't take me to Mickey D's either unless I specifically tell you I want a Big Mac. We still do all of the above things and have a great time doing it, and we act the same way now that we did 3 years ago. Which is why we get married next week, lol. :heart:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Well, I went on a first date for the first time in a while a few nights ago. I was on business in Minneapolis and met a guy at the conference I was attending. I'm not usually the type to go out with a total stranger, but we'd spent most of the day together, and I could tell he was a decent guy and not a creep. He also went to a lot of trouble to find out who I was so he could ask me out, so I thought "Why not?"

We had dinner and then went back to the hotel and had drinks at the bar and talked for a while. The next day, he asked me to have lunch with him before he left for the airport, and I agreed. We also walked around the park (Loring Park, for those from MN). He was a perfect gentleman, very sweet and polite, but I just didn't feel any romantic chemistry (plus he lives halfway across the country, and I spent the better part of 6 years in a long-distance relationship, so I'm not up for that).

But we talked a LOT and got to know each other pretty well, so I hope we can at least remain friends. He at least gave me some hope that there are still nice guys in the world. They're not all going to be right for me, but if nothing else, I know they exist.
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Anything really, just take me out, have some fun, Hell, i will even go to McDonalds IF it is season for Shamrock shakes :) If not, forget it......oh and I hate a *****footer!!!!!!!! I want to know by the time the dates over if you were into me or not.

Im pretty simple!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I agree on your last point. It's okay to be coy when you're a teenager or in college. When you're looking for someone you could potentially settle down with, however, just be upfront about things. You either like a person and want to see them again, or you don't. Nobody has time for "maybe, maybe not."

I also like the suggestions above about cooking because I LOVE to cook, and I do a lot of it in my spare time. I like to challenge myself with pretty elaborate recipes. I've gotten really good with Italian food, and there's something I love about cooking for a really hungry guy and watching him eat. I don't know if I'd be comfortable doing it on a first date since that would require spending the evening alone with him in my apartment, but once I felt I could trust him, I would love to do something like that.
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Actually, the first date that I best remember was with my husband, but it wasn't where we were or what we were doing, it was simply that we "clicked".
    My ideal first date is defined by being with someone who is representing themselves, who isn't trying to mould a situation or their personality in a way that is different to their norm and where conversation and laughter is easy.

Yes, situations and activities can add the "icing to the cake" but without a click and a comfortable feeling quickly after meeting no horse-drawn carriage or romantic gesture will save the date.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my ideal date... a casual yummy dinner he cooked for me. a comfy couch, a bottle of wine and a good movie.

my fiance and i met at age 6 by him teaching me how to ride a bike :blushing: :heart: sweetest thing ever :bigsmile: