Am I the only person that thinks...

Options
alex215
alex215 Posts: 518 Member
this is absolutely ridiculous?!?

I don't mind the play areas with tubes and ball pits where kids can be active but the video game areas at Mcdonalds seem a bit much.

26880910100278391897237.jpg
3419520593_8878ba5777.jpg

So now children can eat artery clogging fast food and relax while playing video games...There is no need for them to run around and be kids and possibly get some exercise by playing in the tubes or ball pit.

3607182527_a9f96912db.jpg
adultplayland0.jpg

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's outrageous. They sure know how to get kids into their "restaurants", though. *kitten*.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's outrageous. They sure know how to get kids into their "restaurants", though. *kitten*.
    I agree!
  • sam1320
    sam1320 Posts: 24
    Options
    it amazes me that during the "obesity epidemic" these *kitten* things are actually allowed in mcdonalds, we should be trying to change the childrens views!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    That is an example of why we have fat unhealthy children.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    doesn't bother me... i WISH they still had play lands at mcdonalds around here... the video game are ridculious but the tunnels and slides are soo much fun! i used to chase my god brothers around on them :smile: it's a good way to burn the calories they just ate.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My kids LOVE the giant play structure at our local McDonalds. We go there often. They have eaten their only once. I got them kids meals once so that they could see that it was crap. Neither of them could even finish half of their meals, they though it was gross. They have never asked for another thing from there again. But they love to play there and it is great for when it is rainy or too hot or cold. And I assure you I have zero ounce of guilt for walking in and out and not buying anything. Zero!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    They are going to make their play areas to suite the customer, same with the food! If the customer doesn't use the video games and doesn't eat the nasty burgers they wouldn't have them, simple supply and demand.
  • 2big2bhappy
    Options
    and now Arby's new commercials are calling their food "the good mood food"....that's outragious to me. The Golden Corral calls their food "comfort food"!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    But it's the parents taking them there in the first place who are ultimately responsible for all the choices for their children. I feel like you can't really blame a restaurant if your kids eat poorly and don't exercise.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am jealous as hell! If the made an adult size one, I'd pitch a fit just like my kids do when I tell them it is time to leave.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's evil. But why would you let your kid eat that garbage anyway?! There are chains with healthy "fast" food - real food, without a bunch of scary chemicals in it. Burgerville, Taco Time, Chipotle to name a few. Bet there's others too that I don't know about since I don't eat anything served to me through a car window! :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    The play areas are fine - it's the video games that are the problem. They play areas actually ensure that they move their little bodies while the video games ensure that they don't.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It looks bad, but I remember McDonald's having video games when I was younger and I never played with them. I don't think any kids did. The games suck! :) Lol. I'm pretty sure most kids STILL don't play with those stupid games. Even if I hadn't lost 132 pounds, I would have much rather played in those tubes. Haha.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    Our McDonald's actually doesn't even have a ball pit or a playland anymore they just have the video game area and that is it so the kids just sit and play the games while eating their food instead of playing the games.....we avoid it altogether....I hate fast food places....our Burger King however does have a playland that the kids love to go and get a drink and run around and play in there but I still like the old fashion park to take them to, to allow them to get their exercise. It is crazy what America has come to with all of the food options. I am glad that most of our foster kids love healthy options of eating at home and still going outside and playing, etc. We have had a few that would rather and have fought us many of times to go eat at the nasty fast food places rather than eat healthier options because that is what they were used to but most of them prefer the healther options at home and then would actually like to play active sports games or play at the park. We just don't go out to eat hardly ever and if we do we will normally get it to go and take it to the park or various other places so the kids can play afterwards to get some exercise along with us as well. I hate what society is teaching our kids that it is ok just to sit on our butts and not get any kind of exercise. Some of the foster kids we have to actually force to go outside and play and it is literally a fight to get them to play they would rather sit in front of a computer or a tv and not do anything active. It is really disappointing. I remember when I was growing up you would have to force me to come inside just to eat dinner and I would be complaining the entire way because I wanted to stay outside and play.

The difference today is just amazing because of the changes in society.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You can blame McDonalds if you want, but the fact of the matter is that these kids can't get there without an adult to drive them, pay, etc. Parents have to be the responsible ones. Whatever happened to "Quit your whining, I'm your mom and I said NO"?
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    and now Arby's new commercials are calling their food "the good mood food"....that's outragious to me. The Golden Corral calls their food "comfort food"!

the arby's is ridiculious... i've never had golden corral but to me comfort food is my granny's fried chicken mashed potatoes home made bread fruit salad and fresh green beans :smile: mmmmmm... there is no way i'd get that at a restaurant.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Pssh I love that McDonald's has this. When I take my kids there as a treat (I hardly do), they get to run around and get all their energy out of them. Hate all you want, but this parent is grateful.
  • sam1320
    sam1320 Posts: 24
    Options
    yeah fine withthe ball pit, i had tons of great times in there when i was a kid, but the video games are shocking!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I take my son to Mcdonalds for an icecream and to run on the equipment (to save my sanity) but frankly the video games keep the 11-adults out of the tunnels designed for toddlers and young children that have actually pushed my 2 year old down a tunnel because they were bickering and pushing each other
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    Honestly I am jealous as hell! If the made an adult size one, I'd pitch a fit just like my kids do when I tell them it is time to leave.
    [/quote

LMAO! i'd love to see an adult size playland like that! screw the food i'll have a bottle of water and 3 hours running around in those tubes!