Working out at home

Options
2»

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I work out solely at home only with a small set of dumbbells, resistance bands, balance board, yoga mat, and a pull-up bar. I have a few workout videos I bought on iTunes (Jillian Michaels, some Yoga) and that's about it. I also do running, biking, hiking and rock climbing, but I don't really count that as home workouts. Oh and I have a borrowed copy of P90x. I don't do the full workout, but I love love love to do the Plyometrics and Yoga videos in with my other workouts.

I've had amazing results and I love to work out at home. I love the flexibility to do a workout whenever I want without heading to the gym. Recently I've been doing a lot of workouts from Bodyrock.tv and POP Pilates on Youtube. I don't think I would ever join a gym at this point.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I use Exercise TV through on-demand cable. They have tons of free workout routines, so I mix up what I do based on mood and amount of time I have that day. They work great for me because the best time for my workouts are either very early or late at night. They also have them free online at exercisetv.tv. Plus, I don't look like a dork in front of a gym full of people... LOL

I also have a dog and usually walk with her 1-2 hours a day depending on weather. Plus, we do a lot of hiking trails on weekends.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WORKING OUT AT HOME...I FEEL MORE FREE TO DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT TO DO IT....SOMETIMES ITS LIKE AT 3 A.M....LOL! I HAVE DONE 30DS AND INSANITY! I LOVE THEM BOTH! SAW SUCCESS WITH BOTH OF THEM! :heart:
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I find working out at home easier than going to the gym as my nearest gym is miles away and takes ages to get there. I'm more likely to workout as it's less hassle and less wasted time getting to the exercise. It'd be different if I was doing a team sport or something similar with friends, then I'd have that incentive to work out.

I've tried Wii Fit, the Ubisoft Kinnect thing and now P90x & Insanity. I've stuck at it for nearly 120 days now, it isn't always easy to keep pressing play but I've had some very good results and that helps me stay motivated.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I go to a gym...gets me out of the house.

On a side note, a conversation I recently had:

Me: why don't you work out?

Her: I don't have the money or time. (as she reaches for her cigarettes) :/
  • KrisLee223
    KrisLee223 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, so I only workout at home. Occasionally I'll go to the gym if I need to get out of the house. I have a TON of workout dvds and vary them a lot so I don't get bored. My favorites are Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Shred, Ripped in 30, Hollywood Trainer Kickboxing Bootcamp, TaeBo, and Zumba! All are really great workouts!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    I work out at home with DVD's or the Wii Dance videos, I do it early int he morning and Ilike that because I don't have to anywhere or come home after work and try to work out when I am mentally exausted and just want to chill with my kids and husband. I also don't have money be spending at the gym. I have Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels (on Wii) Wii Active Fit, The Firm....I want to invest in the Zumba ones but I just haven't saved enough to do it. I have some bands and weights at home as well. I find that the only type of work out I did at the gym where either running on the treadmill or taking some aerobic classes and I can do those without the fees ;)
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thats great. I wish I had the motivation! I dont, and I need a gym. Something about being there pushes me, whereas at home, I see the sofa, and I just think yeah, stop there, the sofa looks comfy! lol
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home. I enjoy the freedom of being able to do what I want when I want for as long or as short as I want. I've got Turbo Jam, 30DS, RI30, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, Yoga Meltdown, 6 Week 6 Pack, P90X (starting in July) and I was doing the C25K as well. I like having a variety of workouts from different training styles.