Do women prefer guys with 6pack abs?

Options

Replies

• chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    When I see a guy with a great body it's less of a physical turn-on and more of a character turn-on (if you will). I appreciate that he takes the time to care about his body, health and fitness. When it comes to relationships, though, a 6pack is not a requirement.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A man with a 6-pack is a bonus to me. Just like I am sure a woman with big boobs is to a man. BUT, it has been my own personal experience that the fitness of the body is in direct correlation with the size of the ego. I am sure there are some out there who are not like that, but I have yet to find him. ;)
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    Yes it is hot when a guy has them! But it's like guys with boobs, would you not talk to a girl if she didn't have a C or D cup? Like so many others have said.....it's about preference.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend body builds, has HUGE frickin sexy arms amazing legs and does not have a 6-pack though he is finally working on it though. because the other Male Personal Trainers at the gym gave him a hard time long enough. I could care less whether he has it or not though
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    My husband's tummy is really toned and he's got some muscle definition there, but it's not my favorite part of his body. Don't get me wrong, I like it...but i'd still love him without it.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    They are certainly nice to look at, but with a reasonable body--I don't like huge body-builder types at all.

That being said, I have never, ever dated anyone who had a 6-pack!

I have always been slim and athletic, but have mostly dated men who were big, even on the chubby side. Never, never did I ever date a skinny man or a man smaller than I am. I like big!

I have been happily married for 11 years to an awesome man who might have a six pack underneath there somewhere, but it has never mattered one bit.

What matters is the connection, the ease of the relationship. Working out is hard. Your relationship should be easy.

blessings.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. If you're fit, you're good.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    hahaha... I hear woman ooo and ahhh when it shows some guy with a ripped body coming out of the pool. A few yum yum's are thrown in there...

Those guys are just eye candy...doesn't mean we want to keep him. :laugh:

Exactly -- nice to look at, but I'll keep my teddy-bear!!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    And I don't shop for shoes to match an outfit... :) Maybe that is why...
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    The reason I ask - I am a runner. My belly is melting and I want and desire 6 pack abs on me - just a goal. Im not talking abs like the guy on the cover of 'Muscle Magazine' - just a toned body with some hint of abs. About the Maxim girls - unless the guy was GAY - he would love to show off one of those babes under his arm. Its nice to have a head turner. Plus most guys are pretty shallow (i know this is a shock).
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    its nice too look at but i don't want to snuggle up to a guy thats all hard and chizzled, just not comfy

Heh when we first started dating, my boyfriend was super ripped. I didn't mind obviously, but I didn't care much either. Now thanks to school and stress, he's softer and he's actually wayyy more comfortable to cuddle with. He isn't convinced though and thinks he needs to get back to his previous physique for me, no matter how much I tell him I like him just how he is and he should only go back to it if it makes him happy.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    so do, some don't...

I personally don't care. Looks and a crazy fit amazing body are nice but I date for and am attracted to intelligence, sense of humor and shared interests / opinions / convictions / beliefs.
  • Ashbashyoo
    Options
    Honestly, muscle men do nothing for me. I'm a sucker for strong toned arms but actually six packs turn me OFF, sorry. I like big blokes..tall, long hair, tattoos, beards, bit of a belly! :love:

omg yes, i agree its a turn off. lol for me! i wouldnt want my hubby with a 6 pack! belly, beard, tattoos! yum. he's sexy to me(:
    every woman has a different opinion!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    As long as your gut isn't hanging over your belt, it's just fine.;)

And even then, it's way down the priority list.
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hard bodied guys are nice to look at but I prefer a little cushion. It's nicer to hug, snuggle and get funky with someone like that. But everyone is different! A girl I work with loses her mind for men with ripped bodies.

And no matter how nice a guy's body is -- abs, chest, arms, whatever -- it wouldn't make me overlook personality traits. A jerk is a jerk, no matter what package he comes in!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    Thats very good to hear... I just observe. Girls dont do a yum yum ooo aaah baby when a guy comes out of a pool who is a little over weight, some gut. But they do when its some guy who does have a ripped body.

That really does make us guys feel like its what women want when we hear a girlfriend or (an ex wife) do that... IDK.
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    hahaha... I hear woman ooo and ahhh when it shows some guy with a ripped body coming out of the pool. A few yum yum's are thrown in there...

Those guys are just eye candy...doesn't mean we want to keep him. :laugh:

Definitely, my husband is considered a "big" guy, but I love it!! Now I ALSO love me some eyecandy!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Thats very good to hear... I just observe. Girls dont do a yum yum ooo aaah baby when a guy comes out of a pool who is a little over weight, some gut. But they do when its some guy who does have a ripped body.

That really does make us guys feel like its what women want when we hear a girlfriend or (an ex wife) do that... IDK.

You're thinking like a guy. Guys are much more visual than women when it comes to choosing partners. Being a decent person with whom you share some emotional connection is much more of a turn-on for the average woman than having a perfect body. Not necessarily so with men in the early going of a relationship.

You'd get a lot further with a woman telling her how you saved a puppy or a baby than by having chiseled abs. ;)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    LOL well I certainly never looked for a guy with a 6 pack...it was always just a nice piece of eye candy bonus. At the end of the day, if I can't look into your eyes and know your not BS'ing me, than I don't care if you have a kajillion pack abs...it will eventually come down to whether you are a real man with a soul or not!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    I know ULTIMATELY its the personality. A nice sincere, honest, funny, successful guy (all traits I have might I add) is ultimately what women want... BUT I was just curious - based on what I have observed from women's behaviors/responses in the past. I have heard a LOT of them say they dont want some monster muscle guy and trust me, thats NOT a goal of mine.

My goal is yes to have abs, but ultimately, I want to cross that finish line at a marathon :)