What Career Would You Have

Options
tam120
tam120 Posts: 444 Member
We did the "What job do you do". Now, if money, talent and education weren't an object what would you do for a living? What's your dream job? Why?

I love cooking but I don't want the pressure and stress of being a Chef (or the crazy hours) so I don't think I'd do that. I would love to be a writer or an artist, I envy those who can just come up with stories or are so imaginative that ideas just flow from them. If I could have any talent it would be creativity.

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I would be a personal trainer! And I'm working on getting all my courses upgraded to do that.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    In the process of masters now as psychiatric nurse practioner. Would go to Law school
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Traveler. I just want to go everywhere and see everything.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would be one of those people who travel around the world and then report on the different places and different hotels and restaurants etc.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Before I had my children I wanted to be a pediatrician or a biologist. By the time I was 20 I had two children so I decided to take something that still paid well enough, but where I didn't have to put in the time away from them. I love my job, but either one of those would have been my dream job! :smile:
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I would be in the same field I am today, been doing it for over 10 years now and still love it. I work in information security, looking to move to the digital forensics side of things shortly.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Elementary school teacher.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    love the human body ans studying it and its ailments. So nursing is what i'll be going to school for..BUT..I am addicted to sales! I always end up in sales positions and being offered jobs in sales. Ive sold advertising, insurance...mobile homes. Its just something I have a knack for and I get passionate about.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would like to be independently wealthy and travel the world, volunteering. Kind of like The Littlest Hobo only human and on a global scale.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards my dream career right now. I can't imagine doing anything else but teaching. I'm a math teacher right now with a private company, but in a couple years I will hopefully be teaching science in an urban middle school. I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I love working with middle school kids.

If money and education was no object, I'd have the same job, just with a PhD. Eventually, I would retire and become a professor of education.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am a midwife, and I love my job. I don't want to do anything else, but if I every get another chance, I would be a dog behaviourist.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Anthony Bourdain's job!!! And a published author...
  • emeraldpearl
    emeraldpearl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    if i didnt need the money,,,,,,mmmm i would be a bum, and du n thing all day:happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would have a bed and breakfast / pet rescue. Foster pets everywhere, and if, during your stay, you took a liking to one, you could apply to adopt.

It would satisfy my desire to own and refurbish a great big old mansion, acquire lots of cool funky furniture and decor, and rescue cats and dogs.

However, I have a pretty poor track record for finding homes for pets I fostered (I ended up keeping 5 out of 8), so this could be very dangerous.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    a blackjack dealer and a shoe picker outer for department stores!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would be a museum curator at a natural science museum. I switched from an anthroplogy major to management since I thought that would get me better jobs but I probably should have stuck with anthroplogy and found a job I loved instead of one that paid well right out of college.
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Police Officer... I used to Dispatch and was accepted into the Police Academy. But, I chose not to follow through because I wanted a more stable work schedule since I'm a single Mom.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would have a bed and breakfast / pet rescue. Foster pets everywhere, and if, during your stay, you took a liking to one, you could apply to adopt.

It would satisfy my desire to own and refurbish a great big old mansion, acquire lots of cool funky furniture and decor, and rescue cats and dogs.

However, I have a pretty poor track record for finding homes for pets I fostered (I ended up keeping 5 out of 8), so this could be very dangerous.

That's almost exactly what I would do. I would operate a small organic/sustainably-sourced pet boutique/rescue organization. Alternatley, it would be a rescue for farm animals and such. Since I will never have the money to do such a thing, I'm hoping to one day work for an animal rescue organization in a public relations or communications job, since that's my background.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I seriously would love to be a stay at home mom working part time at like a craft store or something and perhaps going to college to learn more about sociology. It's hard when that is your dream because it really isn't something you could do by yourself, you've got to have someone else that is able to support you.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Desperate Housewife. Married to a good looking rich man who likes to share his money, with a good looking young pool boy who likes to share his hammer.