Success Stories Demotivate Me

Options
Is it just me? I'm obsessed with them and love seeing the changes but I look at the people that have completely transformed and hit their goals and think... That will never be me, I'm not capable of doing what they did.

Replies

• posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    it is very inspiring! I love that part mostly too.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You have to trust and believe in yourself, without that you will never succeed, no one person is anymore special than anyone else, the difference between succeeding and not succeeding is dedication, commitment and HARD work!! Of course you can do it, you have to take a leap of faith and trust in the process....it takes patience and consistency...I still have a LONG way to go, but I will never EVER give up
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Those people probably felt the same way when they weren't at their goals yet. Remember, you CAN do this! You absolutely 100% can! And if they don't motivate you.... don't look. I know you want to celebrate in others' success, but it's okay to focus on yourself.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    You're selling yourself short. Only reason I say this is because when I first started this journey to change my life and habits, I said in a FB post I doubted I'd ever weigh anything less than 170lbs. That's what a doctor told me when I was 18 years old. But then, I had an internet friend tell me that I was selling myself short & can do anything I set my mind too. So yes.. losing 225lbs will be difficult, but I WILL weigh between 135-140lbs by the time I'm 35. My point is, you shouldn't let the success stories demotivate you. You should counteract that and use them as means to motivate yourself. You CAN do it and you WILL do it. You go, girl!!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'd try my best to stop reading/ looking them.... Seems to meeeeee, you may be sabotaging yourself - it is soooooo common for us to do this!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Success stories inspire me.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Is it just me? I'm obsessed with them and love seeing the changes but I look at the people that have completely transformed and hit their goals and think... That will never be me, I'm not capable of doing what they did.

well, then, you wont.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ya, I know I'm being putting my self down, I hardly need others to do it for me. Thank you to those who were trying to use positive reinforcement. I don't know why I bother with the forums. Looking for inspiration in the motivation and support forum, what was I thinking?!
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Yes u can I thought that but evveryone can motivate u on here which is good x
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Why not?
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, Because I feel the same way.

Why can't I make more progress.

I have been at this since Oct 2010. What gives I can not move out of the 20 pound loss range.

I need some help. :frown:
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You have to change your way of thinking. You CAN do this but you have to be able to change the way you think. Trust me, I feel that way sometimes too. And my friends that I have made here on MFP motivate me to keep going by telling me I CAN do this and you know what? They are right. You are worth this 100% and you will do it. Friend request me if you like if you want some support.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Kitty I know for many many years, too many to count how i felt I could never get weight off I needed or wanted, and usually that doubt i self fullfilled. I had to make a committment to me.. that I mattered... that my health was worth it and i could do it. I knew i needed to change my lifestyle and my mindset to succeed. It is hardwork but my dear if I can do it so can you. sometime the littlest of things can feel like a mountain, it's not until we just take one step at a time that we see we are nearing the top. Remember the little engine that could? he kept at it, little by little and made it... and so can you. Don't give up on yourself, YOU MATTER and YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Susie_Bee
    Susie_Bee Posts: 34
    Options
    I got this on my FB the other day:

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. Remember a positive attitude makes ALL the difference!! :)

I think you've got the right idea breaking it down into smaller goals. As you achieve each one, you are one step closer to your final success story!

If reading about others demotivates you, stop reading!!! You can do this!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You are what you think! You can do it!!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Why not?

I guess because I've been down this road before but never reached my goal and that it gets harder each time and I lose sight and end up right where I left off. It's hard to imagine ever being somewhere I've never been as an adult. I know I should technically be capable of it but I can't picture it, ya know? Even when I say "I can do this!" in the back of my mind I think "Ya, right". I really don't want to think it so comments like "well you won't" don't really help.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Comments like "well you won't" are the truth, plain and simple. Getting to your goal is going to be hard work but you have to get your head in the game first. How bad do you want it?

I wanted it badly. I told myself I would never ever stop until I made my goal. Was it hard? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes.

The truth is simple... if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

If you keep self sabotaging you won't reach your goal. Believe in yourself and just make it happen.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Thank you all, I am just feeling lost at the moment. I want to change and hope I can. I really appreciate those that took the time to say something nice, makes me feel less alone.
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options

well, then, you wont.

Just so wrong, if you can't be supportive, don't reply. Build up don't break down.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Thank you Grandmanita, I was pretty disturbed by this. Not motivational at all.