How to lose body fat % Great article.

Options

Replies

• lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    interesting... will take a read... (not sure about the last one though -- fat burning supplement..?)
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    The info you posted in this article is kind of out of date. A lot of good points but a lot of things that are now considered not to have a dramatic impact on reducing body fat.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping for later read, thanks
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've also herd carbs before 6 and not after. It has something to do with carbs being stored as fat if not burned off I think, but you can disregard that if you are active after 6 like that's when you workout or something, most peoples metabolism slows down at night to get ready for bed I've been told, so carbs late+not being active=fat gain (not weight gain, but fat gain...it is still possible to lose weight and increase your bf%) these are things my trainer, who is a nutritionist as well told me.
  • Pauline3290
    Pauline3290 Posts: 80
    Options
    BUMP
  • Lmfloyd28
    Lmfloyd28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I've also herd carbs before 6 and not after. It has something to do with carbs being stored as fat if not burned off I think, but you can disregard that if you are active after 6 like that's when you workout or something, most peoples metabolism slows down at night to get ready for bed I've been told, so carbs late+not being active=fat gain (not weight gain, but fat gain...it is still possible to lose weight and increase your bf%) these are things my trainer, who is a nutritionist as well told me.

no offense but this information is completely wrong. your metabolism does "not slow down to get ready for bed.."

another case in point of a trainer/nutritionist not knowing what they are talking about. If they are so far off base on this, what else are they screwing up? you might want to get a new trainer
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This whole thing sounds like intermittent fasting witch does work. The LeanGains style of fat loss uses intermittent fasting and incorporates intense workouts during the fasted state to lose stubborn body fat.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks. This is exactly what my trainer has me doing and it was nice to read that it is what others would recommend. I will keep on keeping on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

no offense but this information is completely wrong. your metabolism does "not slow down to get ready for bed.."

another case in point of a trainer/nutritionist not knowing what they are talking about. If they are so far off base on this, what else are they screwing up? you might want to get a new trainer

^^this
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

^^this
    Wow, I had no idea. It seemed like sound logic the way he put it too....like your fasting for 8 hours when you sleep. Good to know then.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This post and most of the people's replies in this thread

SadPanda.png
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

^^this
    Wow, I had no idea. It seemed like sound logic the way he put it too....like your fasting for 8 hours when you sleep. Good to know then.

unless you eat in your sleep, you are fasting while you sleep. fasting is not a bad word. I fast 12-20 hours quite often, I aint telling you to do that, but its been good for me.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sounds awful!