What are you reading at the moment?

Options
124»

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice again. I've lost count of how many times I've read this book!

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books ever!
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    Options
    the girl with the dragon tattoo, just started, well started it before , then stopped and read jillian's Master your Metobolism, but saw a trailor for a movie so started reading again.

Just finished THE GIFTS OF IMPERFECTION by Brene Brown, and keep meaning to get back to THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO...saw the Swedish version and had to get the books...I want to read them before the American Version comes out...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Im reading "after the quake" by Haruki Murakami. Hes probably my favourite author, theres just something so relaxing about his style of writing, yet intelligent and quirky at the same time. Its not his best book, but im still enjoying it.

What are you reading and whats it like? would you recommend it?

He is one of my faves too :) I love his style...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint along with Michael Pollan's Ominvore's Dilemma at the moment, on Kindle.
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Reading White Oleander by Janet Fitch - Such a good book! Love her style of writing - full of double entendres. So nice :)
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    The immortal life of henrietta lacks.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I just read :

The Catcher in the Rye
    Little Women
    Whale Talk

I loved them all! Next I'm reading "Jacob Have I Loved"
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice again. I've lost count of how many times I've read this book!

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books ever!

I could read Pride and Prejudice over and over! But right now I am reading the seventh book of the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. I'm hooked!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Goodnight nobdy" right now, by Jennifer Weiner, she's a great author and makes me laugh out loud. I've loved all her books so far
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    just finished the hunger games, great read!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    The SIrens of TItan - Vonnegut
    really good about 100 pages in.

Just read Fahrenheit 451 and Cat's Cradle over the week, too.

So so good

I like the talk of Neil Gaiman in here, btw. Been meaning to read some of his stuff
    i started with him in comics (yes i confess i am comic book geek somewhat reformed ) then went on to books. hink i will dl neverwhere to my kindl and maybe finish it this time

oh and going to keep this thread around for ideas always looking for good books, getting way back to reading again since i got kindl on my pod
    NO need to feel like it's a confession to say you're a comic nerd, I love comic books!!

Soon I'll be getting the 6th hardcover Walking Dead book, I cannot wait!

My bf just ordered us some books, a couple off my amazon wishlist too...he just wont tell me which lol
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    i just finished (about an hour ago) the book thief by markus zusak, had it on my bookshelf for years but never got round to it. not a bad read, hard to tell if its aimed for adults or teens as the writing style is very simple. but i enjoyed it and the fact that it is short chapters is always a winner as there are lots of natural places to put the book down, which is always an issue for me. its set in nazi germany and is narrated by death and is the story of a young girl can't say much more than that or i'll start to tell you the whole story

I have been dying to read this book. I can't find it in any used bookstore right now. (I don't buy new books)

I just started Insomnia by Stephen King. It's been a while since I let him creep me out.