For Fun : Phobias

Options
anna_lisa
anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
So I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of silly, different, werid, unique phobias people have. I am not trying to poke fun at any debilitating clinical phobias. And I know we are all afraid of not meeting goals for being unhealthy. (i.e. spiders, snakes, random pies in the face, things like this.)

Mine: rodents --> mostly mice and rats. To the degree that I have nightmares about them.

Replies

• bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    mine is bees... if i even hear a slight buzz that could resemble one of a bee, my heart rate skyrockets!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    aside from gaining all my weight back-
    spiders.
    centipedes.

and, this one's stupid, but I like to take walks at night, and whenever I pass by woods or something especially dark, I get REALLY scared. Of what? I honestly don't know. It's not that I think there is a person hiding in there and I could get mugged, it's more like SOMETHING is hiding in there. Monsters? hahaha... I know they're not real but when it's dark, WHO KNOWS!
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    spiders...I actually jumped out of a moving car cause I had one on me....thank goodness it was moving very slowly...lol. I've gotten some better, I can actually kill them now without a panic attack, but I still can't clean them up...lol
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    not being able to touch the ground while swimming. If I cant touch then I PANIC..
    And yes I LOVE the water I live next to it.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    novacaine shots in teh gums. needles in my gums??? I can not take it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Murderers, rapists and clowns.
  • Tahru
    Tahru Posts: 58
    Options
    fear of throwing up.
    No joke. I go through great lengths not to vomit..and it I do I pretty much have a panic attack and cry...a lot ...>///>
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Me too..Dang monsters...
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Murderers, rapists and clowns.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Clowns are definitley in the same category with murderers and rapists. creepy pervs.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    spider, centipedes, silver fish, mice, bees, roaches,
    not hitting my goal
    bad things happening to my girls
    cancer... especially childhood (have a friend waiting to hear if what they found in her 7 year old is, praying it isn't)
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Moths. I literally have panic attacks if I am near them. Butterflies still kind of creep me out as well, but not as badly as moths.
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    Vomit- if I see someone vomit (either in person or on TV), or hear of someone with a stomach virus, I instantly feel sick and usually have a panic attack. HA!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Selivophobia.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Death, partly the physical act but mainly... I am afraid of small places so I don't want to be buried or cremeted in a oven.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Bridges.
    Dark water.
    Salt water.
    Large open bodies of water.

So I guess a bridge over dark salt water would probably give me a heart attack.
  • abcerc
    Options
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    Clowns and roaches are my two biggest ones. In the past couple of years I will wake up and think I see a roach crawling on the wall. I will turn all the lights on and start looking before I realize it was just a dream. It is really getting to be annoying! If I am near a clown I will have a panic attack. Imagine pulling up to a red light and there is one in the car next to me!
  • abcerc
    Options
    fear of throwing up.
    No joke. I go through great lengths not to vomit..and it I do I pretty much have a panic attack and cry...a lot ...>///>

Me too!! It's a very debilitating fear. I can't even stand to be in crowds for fear that someone around me has been sick. I have a child- and when she is sick with a stomach virus, my husband has to take over because I just cannot handle it.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    aside from gaining all my weight back-
    spiders.
    centipedes.

and, this one's stupid, but I like to take walks at night, and whenever I pass by woods or something especially dark, I get REALLY scared. Of what? I honestly don't know. It's not that I think there is a person hiding in there and I could get mugged, it's more like SOMETHING is hiding in there. Monsters? hahaha... I know they're not real but when it's dark, WHO KNOWS!

we have woods behind our house, and i agree..woods are scary enough, without it being night time
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Knives. I can't be in a kitchen with someone when they are using them or I'll have a panic attack. I automatically think it'll somehow stab me and practically feel the pain of it. Same thing with people pretending things are knives and trying to 'stab' me. I've gone into fits of crying and near hyperventilating when these things happen.

Don't know why, but there you go. It's very scary and uncontrollable!